Lazy Lizard Lemonade Lounge welcomes new campmates...

Lazy Lizard Lemonade Lounge welcomes new campmates...

Postby zifra » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:14 am

I have had several theme camps over the years and I have always taken new burners into my camp that I saw for the first time on the playa, but whom I spoke with at length by message and phone prior to the event. It has been interesting to say the least, and while not every choice was ideal, there is nothing I would change. There is something amazing about strangers coming together to be a family.

My first year I camped with friends of friends. They were very tolerant of this clueless newbie, and now I try to help others the way they helped me.

This year I will be creating the Lazy Lizard Lemonade Lounge. We will serve lemonade with and without vodka in the afternoons to any lazy lizards that want to rest in our huge shade canopy, lying on rugs and pillows. I am seeking up to 10 campmates.

Campmates must be open minded, drama free and friendly folk, who will enjoy interacting with your fellow campmates and any lizards who drop by. We will hold 3-4 events during the week, a scavenger hunt, some kind of crazy art class (depends on what I find) and a couple of other yet to be determined. Campmates are asked to be there for all events and to agree to staff the camp and welcome guests one full day of the week, to be scheduled before the event.

You will either contribute funds or food to the general kitchen, and provide your own sleeping space and water. Cooking and cleaning is shared. Communal bathing area will be set up. We would ask that, as you can afford it you also bring pillows (blow up is fine), lemons, vodka and lizards to decorate the camp.

See you in the city!

Zifra
Zifra

Cannot wait top get home!

"Feel it, Live it, Share it!"
zifra

Postby Constantly Wired » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:16 pm

This sounds like a great way to introduce the shy birgins(like myself) to the true meaning of this event.

I'd love to join you guys.
Constantly Wired

I would love to talk to you about it!

Postby zifra » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:55 pm

I tried to message you but e-playa is not sending the message. email me at zifralogic at yahoo and we can speak further about the Lizards.

Zifra
Zifra

zifra

New Burner Looking for a Camp

Postby cristymaldonado » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi Zifra,

I'm new to BM in 2010 - and I'd love to join your camp. I'm friendly and VERY interested in participating in a meaningful and fun way. I've read your requirements, and I can certainly meet each and every one of them. Hospitality is one of my specialties!

Please consider me for your camp :) I'd definitely be up for chatting sometime.

Thanks,
Cristy :P
cristymaldonado

Postby Victorian » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:34 pm

21 hetero female and 21 gay male looking to possibly join
He behaves or I make him do so, we're best friends from high school.

I'd love to be apart as a newbie as well this year, we already have our plans to self sustain and can assist to help other newbies rise to earn the burner title.

Vodka and lemons is where I was sold...

I can bring or plan to assist with ice, fun containers, whatever else we may need. I've PMd your profile personally. I hope to hear from you.
Victorian

Sounds awesome!

Postby DangVarmit » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Lemonade, vodka, art & crafts and cool people... sounds great!!

This will be my second year, first year was just getting to know the event.. this year I want to enjoy it and have a great time

Where can I sign up?
DangVarmit

Postby Victorian » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:24 am

Anyone willing to ride share for this theme camp??

Cell-928-566-9904

Email; angel_myst22@yahoo.com

and for the trendy

myspace.com/kate_the_valkyrie

Im still undecided as to how I want to get there, maybe we could brainstorm and enjoy the ride together!!!
Victorian

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:52 am

I hate to be a wet blanket, but those damn email harvesting bots do come through.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Good point!

Postby zifra » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:12 am

Thanks for pointing that out about the emails. We all get too much spam as it is.

Zifra
Zifra

zifra

Postby Victorian » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:48 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I hate to be a wet blanket, but those damn email harvesting bots do come through.

Well said, and thank you, you are never a wet blanket when offering me help (in my honest opinion)...

I'll take that as lesson learned, and keep out for those spam bots.

AND NOW.

*drumroll*

Hopefully, if all goes well, I am soon able to earn the title as "future lizard"

And will be hopefully joining zifra to be a (hopefully)not-too-jaded burning virgin for 2010.....

Woot!!!!

Any one else, if this is your type of theme, lets get to talking!!!! I'm here to help Zifra and the Lemonde Lounge any way I can...
It's going to be a great trip, but it's also the journey, not the destination!
Victorian

Postby 1moonchild » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:00 pm

My husband and I are interested in joining your camp, we were virgins in '09 and, like dangvarmint, spent it getting to know the burn. Would love to be part of a camp this year! We're both pretty handy and can contribute. Not sure if it matters but I'm 40, he's 44...
1moonchild

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Victorian » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Moonchild... PM Zifra, I believe she can get you the 411!!

Hopefully, if you do plan to attend our camp, you and I can also get to know each other a bit before the trip! :)
Victorian

Postby Victorian » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:37 pm

Still looking for a few if anyone's interested. We have quite a few fun things planned out from what I can tell. I'm very excited.
Victorian

Postby Laughing Forest » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:04 am

Totally interested.

Do you have an available ticket?

I'm always looking for a way to give back to Black Rock City.
Laughing Forest

Postby Victorian » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 pm

I'm not sure if we're offering tickets, we're kind of leaving that to each individual person, to bring their ticket, get to BRC, and bring their camping gear. We'll have the camp shower for everyone to use, and everyone will need to help out with camp activites, help clean up, and help in the kitchen if needed... Basically what Burning Man is all about, relaxing and pitching in to have a great time all together...

Victorian

Postby lonestoner916 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:04 pm

lonestoner916

Postby Victorian » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:06 pm

lonestoner916 wrote:Image

Very Very cute! Thank you!!!

We're also going to be having fun contests with prizes, and a very cute "Lounge" with rock pillows to pull up and relax under the sun!
Victorian

Postby Victorian » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Victorian

Postby pntball727 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:02 pm

I would be absolutely thrilled to join your camp as a Virgin burner this year! i think i would be a perfect candidate for the lemonade lounge, sounds like a chill, relaxed type of environment that i am certainly into...and open minded certainly helps describe me !!

willing to contribute and serve where needed!!
pntball727

Postby Victorian » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:38 pm

pntball; get in touch with Zifra! Shoot her an Email. Hopefully I will chat with her this week and mention you!
Victorian

Postby Syke0ut » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Just for the hell of it. Would the lady lizard like a MANlizard? lol..not intimate. Just a virgin guy trying to find a camp to be apart of. With ppl whom are also new. I've got a mixology degree. Yes, I'm a member of the american national bartenders accosiation. I may not be able to spell but I can mix some drinks! and cook. cook well I do. Not to mention scouting. I really have an urge for adventure aka to go out on my bike in the middle of a whiteout and just take in all the dust.
We die to live.
Syke0ut

Postby Victorian » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Definitely! Get in touch with Zifra dear. She's running the show. I'm just a fellow lizard, but I'm sure we'd love to have you. You can pm me with a few questions if you'd like!!

A good bartender sounds good!!

Ok dressing in a tutu? Heehee. No, really though,... we're just a bunch of silly burners looking to have a great time and be apart of a team.
:wink:
Victorian

Postby LdoubleG » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:44 am

hello im a 23yo male art student born in Colombia living in DC, open minded, drama free and friendly first timer to burning man i got my ticket in the mail 2 days ago, i would love to be part of you theme park :)
★ ☆LdoubleG★ ☆
LdoubleG

hardyharhar...ARRRRRRRRRRR mother funker!

Postby Syke0ut » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:41 am

Looks like, if I counted correctly, WE got our ten! lol.

to the pntball guy. Paintball? =D we're the hell do u live? We should team up and go to a scenario =P.

random dude from DC. I'm 23 as well. welcome to club 23!!! lol.

I like how this form seemly acts like a really awkward dating service. Idk why I typed that...I'm bored.

As for the camp. Any ideas on the lay out? I know it's way to damn early but it doesn't hurt to have a basic landplan down. I'm too excited for words I wanna start packing already!! Ps where are all u from? how are all you going to get there?
We die to live.
Syke0ut

Postby Victorian » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:10 pm

LdoubleG wrote:hello im a 23yo male art student born in Colombia living in DC, open minded, drama free and friendly first timer to burning man i got my ticket in the mail 2 days ago, i would love to be part of you theme park :)

Any questions, or interested in joining. Please contact Zifra directly. I can call her tonight and let her know you both are interested. She calls the shots!!! :)
Victorian

Postby LdoubleG » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:30 pm

@ Victorian Thank you ill email her.

@ Syke0ut: yeees for 23 lol gettin there i might fligh to reno then take the biobus shuttle to BRC or roadtrip from DC
★ ☆LdoubleG★ ☆
LdoubleG

go to 11?

Postby crazycatman » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:19 pm

If you are still looking, I'd be interested. I am also in AZ, have a truck, and access to a trailer for ride sharing.
crazycatman

Postby Victorian » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:07 pm

crazycatman, that might work out! DJ and I are both Az natives. I would say get in touch with Zifra, she should be able to let everyone know how many were looking for, and call the shots!
Victorian

Postby pntball727 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:31 pm

crazycatman where in arizona are you located? because if you are close to me and you want to do early entry with me and other lizards i would love the possibility of a ride share or a caravan....PM me if you are interested.
pntball727

ride sharing

Postby crazycatman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:11 am

I'm in Gilbert, AZ. And I'm totally fine with ride sharing / early entry / whatever is needed.

Last year I shared my FJ Cruiser with two other burners. The truck and trailer space work out perfect for three people. One person to drive, one to keep that person awake, and one can lie down in the back seat for sleeping. One caveat though; you must know how to drive a standard shift, or be willing to learn!

I can probably also get access to some communal facilities as well; the camp "elders" from my previous camp aren't going this year for the first time in six years, but they were cool with me taking stuff up for this year.

I did contact Zifra by email; I'm supposed to hear back next week. If you want to email me personally, you can try sean "AT" catfeeder "DOT" net.
crazycatman

Next

Return to 2010 Theme Camps