Tango Evolution

Tango Evolution

Postby erdem » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi tango lovers
I want to setup up a tango discussion and practice group in BM and hoping to declare a "Manifest for Tango (R)evolution" at the end of the event.
I am sure we will inspire a lot from all those art works.

The discussion topics in my head are:

1. Leading: Men want to follow and women want to lead, but how? A positive discrimination experiment to "heal" the classical men "do lead" habits.
2. Music : Do we need tango music, do we need beat, do we need melody, how to dance in silence?
3. Code for dress to impress: Good or bad?
4.....?

Anybody interested?
erdem

Tango. I'm in.

Postby shezebelle » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi!

I'm definitely interested in tango on the playa... talking about it... dancing it... waxing poetic about it... enticing other people into it... :)

So...
Are you with a theme camp and/or have a space for discussions and dancing? I'm aware of one group planning some tango on the playa, not sure if they've registered as a theme camp or will just be informal about it.

Where do you dance tango off the playa? (I'm in LA)

Pleased to meet you.
Glad you've started the topic!!

:)
s
shezebelle

Re: Tango. I'm in.

Postby erdem » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:03 pm

I have nothing but only ideas (yet!) and that's more than half, right?
So more people show interest, we can start discussing the details and I believe set up something.

Umm I have more than nothing actually, have my own setup to survive there ;-)
bye
erdem (from NYC)

[quote="shezebelle"]Hi!

I'm definitely interested in tango on the playa... talking about it... dancing it... waxing poetic about it... enticing other people into it... :)

So...
Are you with a theme camp and/or have a space for discussions and dancing? I'm aware of one group planning some tango on the playa, not sure if they've registered as a theme camp or will just be informal about it.

Where do you dance tango off the playa? (I'm in LA)

Pleased to meet you.
Glad you've started the topic!!

:)
s[/quote]
erdem

tango

Postby Moloch » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:00 am

I need a tango teacher...
will trade poi skills ;)
And I would love to have a woman lead me, I like pirouetting as much as any other juggler...
Sorry, its way too early in the morning for me to be posting
Moloch

I can teach tango

Postby hawkez99 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:03 am

Hi there,

I've literally just confirmed I'm coming to BRC this year...yippee!

And I can teach tango - been dancing and on/off teaching for 10 years. I'm not 100% sure I'm in teaching mode a the moment, but we could discuss! I see there's a theme camp called "Tango'd up in blues" which sounds great, but maybe there's more out there this year...?

Anyway, if you want to chat about practicalities or if anyone knows where to look for tango them drop me a line.

Cheers! Adam
hawkez99

Postby anandaconda » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:55 am

Sweet! I'm going to keep a lookout for the Tango (R)evolution! My husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at some point, and it would be wonderful to have our first dance be a tango (again!). :D
"Good deeds are the best prayer." --Serbian Proverb
anandaconda

Let's give a start

Postby erdem » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 am

All right everybody, I think we have enough start building it up.

For the practice it seems that there is a spot that we can use. Check this out

viewtopic.php?t=29464

May be we can reserve some hours specifically for our group and offer something to them in return for (teaching tango may be)

Anybody has a an idea how to arrange a shade place for discussions?

And what do you say about these discussion topics? What are your topics?

1. Leading: Men want to follow and women want to lead, but how? A positive discrimination experiment to "heal" the classical men "do lead" habits.
2. Music : Do we need tango music, do we need beat, do we need melody, how to dance in silence?
3. Code for dress to impress: Good or bad?
erdem

Return to 2009 Theme