CHANGE.GOV :: Office of the President Elect

All things outside of Burning Man.

CHANGE.GOV :: Office of the President Elect

Postby Elderberry » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:18 pm

Here's the official website: http://change.gov.

We can all read and comment on exactly his administration will stand for.

And another interesting site, The Transition Directory: http://directory.presidentialtransition.gov/

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:00 pm

Toolmaker wrote:
Aren't we supposed to have something new now that the the election is over?

Didn't see that in the official rules of eplaya.

Don't like it, don't click on it.

JK
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Postby wedeliver » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:14 pm

Toolmaker I object and am offended by your post above. Your racism shows, and here I think you have crossed the line. I hope the post is edited to remove the offensive, racist, stupid part.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Burning Since: 1998

Postby ygmir » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:02 pm

wedeliver wrote:Toolmaker I object and am offended by your post above. Your racism shows, and here I think you have crossed the line. I hope the post is edited to remove the offensive, racist, stupid part.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby wedeliver » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:24 pm

ygmir wrote:
wedeliver wrote:Toolmaker I object and am offended by your post above. Your racism shows, and here I think you have crossed the line. I hope the post is edited to remove the offensive, racist, stupid part.

Yagmir, I don't whine or cry, like toolmaker I lock and load, thats how ya get by in the country.

But... really big BUT. here is a quote from the eplaya tos.

post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

What toolmaker posted is clearly racist. I speak up when I believe something is clearly wrong. I expect the thread to be deleted and perhaps toolman to loose his account. There are limits and rules we all must follow both on eplaya and on the playa, otherwise all hell will break loose and no rational thought will make it past the emotions.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby ygmir » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:40 pm

wedeliver wrote:
ygmir wrote:

Yagmir, I don't whine or cry, like toolmaker I lock and load, thats how ya get by in the country.

But... really big BUT. here is a quote from the eplaya tos.

post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

What toolmaker posted is clearly racist. I speak up when I believe something is clearly wrong. I expect the thread to be deleted and perhaps toolman to loose his account. There are limits and rules we all must follow both on eplaya and on the playa, otherwise all hell will break loose and no rational thought will make it past the emotions.

I understand what you say.

BUT.
I don't see you react that way when someone disrespects any other group..........

Jews,
white guys
conservatives
republicans
women
gays........
you know the all these groups, and more, are "teased" daily here.

need I go on?
Why is it so bad to hack on blacks?

I get tired, at times, of the PC crap...........
What's wrong with hacking on everyone, regardless of who they are?

Toolmaker has stood up for others, many times here.
So what if he makes a joke that makes you feel uncomfortable?

Attack him back, if you're so offended. But, to even suggest he be banned for not being PC enough to suit you........dang..........

Don Rickles had it right: As long as your disrespecting everyone, it's fair.
(I paraphrase that one).
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby AntiM » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:59 pm

Post deleted and PM sent to Toolmaker.
Read Me!! Ticket Sellers and Seekers!

Really, read the damn sticky posts.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Toolmaker » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:11 pm

I should point out that it is obvious that wedeliver does not know the difference between n_a and n_r. This phrase is on a tshirt that I had sent to me.

1) I am not racist.. quite the contrary.
2) I grew up in West Philadelphia and likely understand a lil more "slang" than wedeliver.
3) Just because I am a burner doesn't mean I am going to forget my roots OR cast aside my longtime friends from the hood.
4) I only mentioned the interpretation of CHANGE here since it was being discussed so much elsewhere on the internet.
5) www.urbandictionary.com will be able to educate those not in the know about slang I may use from time to time.
6) Simon uses this kinda slang WAYY more than me and is the ultimate blame.
7) ITS ALL SIMONS FAULT!

PS Wedeliver.. you're a good one to quote the TOS considering you have a commerce ad for your trailer/rv park all over eplaya.

Sent via PM

wedeliver wrote:Hey dude, I appreciate and enjoy reading a lot of what you post, but don't go calling the president elect a niggar. That makes you sound like a complete and total stupid racist asshole.

k?

thanks for not being a rednecked asshole, dickhead fuckup

Since the post was deleted I guess we will never know the truth. I did NOT do as wedeliver accused. All I did was post an interpretation of CHANGE in VERY COMMON use on the streets. The N word used did NOT end in AR nor did it end in ER. The word used means quite the opposite in much of the music I listen to and amongst lots of my friends.

Fortunately AntiM is more levelheaded than wedeliver and took appropiate action to stisfy his paranoia.

PSS Wedeliver I would appreciate it if you call me a Wop in the future since I am Italian. Its always been my favorite. I have never considered myself a redneck.

PSSS Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will NEVER hurt me.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby ygmir » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Toolmaker wrote:I should point out that it is obvious that wedeliver does not know the difference between n_a and n_r. This phrase is on a tshirt that I had sent to me.

2) I grew up in West Philadelphia and likely understand a lil more "slang" than wedeliver.
3) Just because I am a burner doesn't mean I am going to forget my roots OR cast aside my longtime friends from the hood.
4) I only mentioned the interpretation of CHANGE here since it was being discussed so much elsewhere on the internet.
5) www.urbandictionary.com will be able to educate those not in the know about slang I may use from time to time.
7) ITS ALL SIMONS FAULT!

PS Wedeliver.. you're a good one to quote the TOS considering you have a commerce ad for your trailer/rv park all over eplaya.

Sent via PM

wedeliver wrote:Hey dude, I appreciate and enjoy reading a lot of what you post, but don't go calling the president elect a niggar. That makes you sound like a complete and total stupid racist asshole.

k?

Since the post was deleted I guess we will never know the truth. I did NOT do as wedeliver accused. All I did was post an interpretation of CHANGE in VERY COMMON use on the streets. The N word used did NOT end in AR nor did it end in ER. The word used means quite the opposite in much of the music I listen to and amongst lots of my friends.

Fortunately AntiM is more levelheaded than wedeliver and took appropiate action to stisfy his paranoia.

PSS Wedeliver I would appreciate it if you call me a Wop in the future since I am Italian. Its always been my favorite. I have never considered myself a redneck.

donning marching boots and listening to marshal music behind TM on this one........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Toolmaker » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:23 pm

ygmir wrote:
Toolmaker wrote:I should point out that it is obvious that wedeliver does not know the difference between n_a and n_r. This phrase is on a tshirt that I had sent to me.

7) ITS ALL SIMONS FAULT!

Sent via PM

k?

donning marching boots and listening to marshal music behind TM on this one........

I am soo tempted to start typing in ebonics on here the way I talk to the folks in the poor ghetto I live in. I also should point out that I am 1.2 percent black myself. My girlfiend however.. I think she is about 70-80 percent. The wife is white and our other girlfriend is hispanic. If I really were racist why would I have so many orgies that are multi-cultural.
Toolmaker

Postby wedeliver » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:52 pm

Toolmaker, in I my opinion you should not have posted the pm I sent you. That was a private message, out of respect to you.

On the subject at hand have you ever heard the name Michael Anthony Richards??

I am not here to attack anyone as mentioned above, I am not here to call anyone names. I am here because I love the burning man community and I wish to further the BM ethos of inclusion.

I looked up what wikipedia says to see if this is accepted..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigga

Also your posts prior to this indicate that you did not want Obama to become our president, then you use the "N" word in referance to Obama. So if you wish to make those kind of racist posts don't do it hear, kinda like shitting on the floor in the living room. Don't do it.

I am hoping we can drop this as I am not looking for an arguement or your explanations. I am just telling you that your use of that word in the way you used it was wrong.

PS. Over 200 people came to my RV park on their way to burning man. Most slept here, took showers (we have nice showers) got all the water they could carry and unless they wanted to hook up to electricity no one was charged a penny.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby ygmir » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:15 pm

wedeliver wrote:Toolmaker, in I my opinion you should not have posted the pm I sent you. That was a private message, out of respect to you.

On the subject at hand have you ever heard the name Michael Anthony Richards??

I am not here to attack anyone as mentioned above, I am not here to call anyone names. I am here because I love the burning man community and I wish to further the BM ethos of inclusion.

I looked up what wikipedia says to see if this is accepted..

Also your posts prior to this indicate that you did not want Obama to become our president, then you use the "N" word in referance to Obama. So if you wish to make those kind of racist posts don't do it hear, kinda like shitting on the floor in the living room. Don't do it.

I am hoping we can drop this as I am not looking for an arguement or your explanations. I am just telling you that your use of that word in the way you used it was wrong.

PS. Over 200 people came to my RV park on their way to burning man. Most slept here, took showers (we have nice showers) got all the water they could carry and unless they wanted to hook up to electricity no one was charged a penny.

so,
are you pissed because he didn't want Obama?

I see you subscribe to the PC notion of "tolerance and inclusion", which is, IMHO:
Tolerance and inclusion, as long as you agree with me........and don't offend me.

geeze......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Toolmaker » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:18 pm

wedeliver wrote:Toolmaker, in I my opinion you should not have posted the pm I sent you. That was a private message, out of respect to you.

I felt the need to illustrate that whats good for the goose is not good for the gander. In other words.. practice what you preach preacherman.

wedeliver wrote:On the subject at hand have you ever heard the name Michael Anthony Richards??

No

wedeliver wrote:I am not here to attack anyone as mentioned above, I am not here to call anyone names.

Than why did you?

wedeliver wrote:I am here because I love the burning man community and I wish to further the BM ethos of inclusion.

Same here.

wedeliver wrote:I looked up what wikipedia says to see if this is accepted..

Does this mean that you will do whatever a wiki tells you even though they can be edited and are not reliable?

wedeliver wrote:Also your posts prior to this indicate that you did not want Obama to become our president, then you use the "N" word in referance to Obama.

Not true. My previous posts only advised that Obama was decided to be the next president well before the election. It IS true that I believe there is no difference between Republicans and Democrats. That is only because I followed the money and found out we live in a plutocracy.

wedeliver wrote:So if you wish to make those kind of racist posts don't do it hear, kinda like shitting on the floor in the living room. Don't do it.

I didn't make any racist post in my opinion, but since you whined like a lil bitch and got it deleted we will never know whether or not I called Obama the "N" word OR made mention of a VERY POPULAR interpretation of CHANGE.

wedeliver wrote:I am hoping we can drop this as I am not looking for an arguement or your explanations. I am just telling you that your use of that word in the way you used it was wrong.

Until my homies in da hood tell me otherwise I will ignore your advice.

wedeliver wrote:PS. Over 200 people came to my RV park on their way to burning man. Most slept here, took showers (we have nice showers) got all the water they could carry and unless they wanted to hook up to electricity no one was charged a penny.

Thats fine, but it IS a business the rest of the year. I know.. grey area and all that.. whatever.

In addendum.. there are some parts of this country where whitey gets killed unless hes down. Language is used to tell whether or not someone belongs in the hood. I'm saddened to see that you have had such a sheltered life. Maybe someday if you make it to the east coast we can go hang out at my buddies place in Overtown. Good Bar-B-Q but very bad language and the occasional gunshots. Or we could swing by the shop in Opa-Locka and see how I get along with the community there and keep my truck from being fucked up by being down with the homies.

Sometimes I think that even with radical inclusion many burners will NEVER understand where folks like me come from, language barriers and all. Like I said.. I came from the ghetto and still live in one. Not all burners are rich stock brokers and real estate moguls. I am just a metalworker thats tryin to compete with China. While I may not be the poorest burner, I know I'm down there on the money list. 3 figure bank account and not ashamed of it one bit.

PS You may want to avoid my mutant if I ever get it out to the playa since most of the music would be considered "racist" by you. But rest assured I will play all the best hip hop, punk, goa-psy, and hardstyle/jumpstyle.
Toolmaker

Postby wedeliver » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:15 pm

Wow man I just thought you would say you were sorry if you offended anyone and that you would watch how your phrase things in the future..instead...

Also, what do you mean by "you whined like a lil bitch"?

Toolmaker wrote:I didn't make any racist post in my opinion, but since you whined like a lil bitch and got it deleted we will never know whether or not I called Obama the "N" word OR made mention of a VERY POPULAR interpretation of CHANGE.

Ok here's your post, this is the post that Anti-M deleted above. Sorry Anti-M but I guess this is a matter for "Open Discussion"

Toolmaker posted this

Toolmaker wrote:I thought CHANGE stood for...

Come
Help
A
Nigga
Get
Elected

Aren't we supposed to have something new now that the the election is over?

viewtopic.php?p=421333&highlight=#421333

Ok world, or anyone else out there want to comment on the above?? This "VERY POPULAR interpretation of CHANGE." (what?)

Was I over reacting or did he call Obama a Nigga? If he did is that wrong?
If it was wrong what should be done? Spanked with bacon?? Or no bacon at all next year?

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby littleflower » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:00 pm

kuqhflkDSGVLAKHCB KADSLKJWEF KSJCMZXNC KSJDHF Kwuefl kuck mxnb ,mxcv ,mznxcbvmnzgkajsf k,ZXlkjd ka a oaj fkj dfjhsj sj.
littleflower

Postby littleflower » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:13 pm

well ... my $.02 ...

this looks far more like cynicism than racism to me.

and it is certainly mild compared to some of the stuff i see posted around here about sarah palin... quite a lot of stuff, actually.

i do not doubt your good intentions, wedeliver ... but there are plenty around here who worry about obama worship, and a crazy reluctance to criticize him ... and your posts fit into that mold, IMHO... while toolmaker has always been pretty critical of both sides.

that's how i see it, anyhow.
littleflower

Postby **burn** » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:16 pm

This world is so strange. We can't say what we really think lest others be offended. We are forced to say that we aren't racist, sexist, blah blah blah rah rah rah just to make sure that everyone knows that this funny joke we have is just a joke.

Why all the barriers? Don't they just reinforce the labels and stereotypes?
Risky

The Booby Bar in
http://terminalvillage.com
**burn**

Postby Elderberry » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:17 pm

Well since everyone else is posting their .02, here's mine. I was also taken aback when I read the post. I decided not to comment on the word, but just that he posted on a thread that he didn't want to read in the first place; but it certainly struck me on a different level than anything else I have ever read on eplaya. Just not right to use the "N" word in any manner of speech in my 'old fashioned' way of thinking. But I think more than that, this man (Obama) is deserving of more respect.

JK
JK
Elderberry

Postby ygmir » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:22 pm

JK:
I didn't think you were also a "tolerate and include, as long as you agree with me" person......
dang.......

say anything, just as long as it doesn't offend me.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Elderberry » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:29 pm

ygmir wrote:JK:
I didn't think you were also a "tolerate and include, as long as you agree with me" person......
dang.......

There really hasn't been one other thing that I have taken offense to on the board until that post.

However, I did not comment on it immediately after I read it because I didn't want to be "one of those people", and frankly wasn't sure if it was 'just me' or if it might have hit anyone else the same way.

So when I saw that others found it somehow inappropriate too, I just added my two cents.

I wouldn't have deleted it, and had no one else commented on it, I would probably have kept my thoughts on this to myself.

I thought it was disrespectful; just my opinion.

JK
JK
Elderberry

Postby **burn** » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:33 pm

Toolmaker wrote:I also should point out that I am 1.2 percent black myself.

It's pretty common for brothers to call each other this name. As a matter of fact, they began to overuse it and make it theirs to remove the negative connotation.
Risky

The Booby Bar in
http://terminalvillage.com
**burn**

Postby littleflower » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:38 pm

JK ... you have posted stuff about people ... again, sarah palin is a good example, but there have been plenty of others ... that have offended me, and not a little.

protesting generally brought out even more invective.

obama gets plenty of respect around here. a bit of opposition isn't going to hurt anything.
littleflower

Postby ygmir » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:42 pm

jkisha wrote:
ygmir wrote:JK:
dang.......

There really hasn't been one other thing that I have taken offense to on the board until that post.

However, I did not comment on it immediately after I read it because I didn't want to be "one of those people", and frankly wasn't sure if it was 'just me' or if it might have hit anyone else the same way.

So when I saw that others found it somehow inappropriate too, I just added my two cents.

I wouldn't have deleted it, and had no one else commented on it, I would probably have kept my thoughts on this to myself.

I thought it was disrespectful; just my opinion.

JK

oh, ok, I get it......
I appreciate that you wouldn't have deleted it, that says something anyway.....
Jumping in after others did, is, sort of the "Jackal" procedure, but, again, I understand.

for me, it's about being fair.......
there have been lots of posts that are every bit as degrading and insulting towards other people.
Hell, there's even a thread hoping for a persons death........I'd think that's pretty extreme.......
None of them were deleted, or even chastised. I'd say that's because the majority here found them funny. I'd also submit some here didn't, and even found them offensive......
But,
that didn't bring out people or mods anger or wrath.

but,
be derogatory towards the Messiah, and, be damned........
I'd think the insulters should be able to take insults, as well........

Surely, some of the conservative/republican members here have been outraged by some of the things said about people they support, or even admire.
I don't see them crying and stomping their feet and wanting things deleted and people banned.

That's all.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:23 pm

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) OBAMANATION :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

OH YEA - YES WE CAN :D :D :D

I BELIEVE :D :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!
Barbie

Postby ygmir » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:55 pm

Barbie wrote:8) 8) 8) 8) 8) OBAMANATION :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

OH YEA - YES WE CAN :D :D :D

I BELIEVE :D :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

and, I'm happy for you, and, hope you're right......

I'm just not an "Obamaton" at least not yet..........

Perhaps, though, if the Obamanator can make this a wonderful Obamanation, then, if I can get in line to step into the Obamatron, I'll get Obamanated, and, become, an Obamatarian........

giggling.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Elderberry » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:10 am

littleflower wrote:JK ... again, sarah palin is a good example, but there have been plenty of others ...

That stupid bitch deserved every word!

JK
JK
Elderberry

Postby gyre » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:48 am

Fuck censorship.

Way out of line to complain about this one, however it was spelled.
Clearly not intended as a personal assault, but a joke.
Was it funny when Chris Rock said it?

I do object to use of the term "N word".
Remember the origin?
Using it pays homage to slasher killings and censorship.

And a complaint coming from Wedeliver?
_____ please!

And Sarah Palin is not a good example for anything.
Even John McCain knows she is a Category Five moron.
gyre

Postby goathead » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:30 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next thing you know they will start handing out speeding tickets at INDY...

Lets see,

" Please say "Fuck You and hope you die to GW Bush!"

Tell Him
Fuck You, Bush!
Fuck you Up the Ass, GWBush

Nope I guess no lines crossed in this thread....

:twisted:
goathead

Burning Since: 1999

Postby Elderberry » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:39 am

goathead wrote:

Lets see,

Tell Him
Fuck You, Bush!

Apples and Oranges.

Fuck You, Bush!

and

Fuck You, Obama
Fuck you Up the Ass, BHObama

are much different than what was said; and would be ok in my book; though I think it's a bit premature to be telling Obama to fuck off.

again, I wouldn't have censored it; it just hit me wrong, and there are few things that do.

I am not even saying that I have never used the stronger version of that word, but it certainly, in my opinion, was not appropriate here. again this is just my opinion and I am not calling for censorship of the post at all.

Geez, talk about thread drift. I just posted those links because I thought they were interesting and might help people understand better the Obama Agenda and the Transition. :roll:

JK
JK
Elderberry

Postby goathead » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:54 am

jkisha wrote:
goathead wrote:

Lets see,

Tell Him
Fuck You, Bush!

Apples and Oranges.

Fuck You, Bush!

and

Fuck You, Obama
Fuck you Up the Ass, BHObama

are much different than what was said; and would be ok in my book; though I think it's a bit premature to be telling Obama to fuck off.

again, I wouldn't have censored it; it just hit me wrong, and there are few things that do.

I am not even saying that I have never used the stronger version of that word, but it certainly, in my opinion, was not appropriate here. again this is just my opinion and I am not calling for censorship of the post at all.

Geez, talk about thread drift. I just posted those links because I thought they were interesting and might help people understand better the Obama Agenda and the Transition. :roll:

JK

What I didn't hear a nice big.

Fuck You and hope you die to BO!

:D

Isn't body order something we should all try to get rid of?
goathead

Burning Since: 1999

Next

Return to Open Discussion