Anonymous Camp / Anonymous Village

Anonymous Camp / Anonymous Village

Postby scottie2hottie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:23 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get the thread started for Anonymous Village, home to all 12 Step program members. We do not represent any 12 Step program, we are just a home on the playa for those persons who seek recovery through the 12 steps. We hold meetings several times a day, fellowship constantly and always have the coffee pot on.

I am Scottie2Hottie, your elected Web Queen. I am working closely with the keeper of the keys of our site to get it up and running. In the mean time, please consider this your home on the web for Burning Man 2008. Feel free to post your comments or questions here.

Yours in service
~Scottie2Hottie

All we need to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.
scottie2hottie

Postby mjbarbarino » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Hey Scottie2Hottie ... I was checking dead links on the burning man site and noticed that the anonymous camp link that we have all over the site is sort of dead --- as soon as you've got a new link, can you contact me and let me know so that I can get all of the pages updated?
mjbarbarino

Postby scottie2hottie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:12 pm

Hey, our new site is BurnAnon.org. We're putting it together as I type. Burn On not Out!

Peace
~Scottie2Hottie

scottie2hottie

Postby mjbarbarino » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:18 pm

Thanks Scottie2Hottie -- now I can update some pages on www.burningman.com
mjbarbarino

Burnanon or Anonymous Camp/Village ... or ...

Postby rootroof » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:32 pm

Just wondering what's up with the anonymous camp, if it's in the works -- I've done some digging & haven't found much beyond this post for 2008 -- looked on Burnanon.org but aside from a lovely homepage there's no info. News?
:?:
rootroof

Postby Burning Garlic » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:31 pm

thanks Scottie. I'll bring over some fresh ground kenyan beans for the caffeine ritual.
Burning Garlic

Postby Burning Garlic » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:32 pm

question: how populated are meetings typically from what you've seen at past burns?

thanks again.
Burning Garlic

Postby Greenltdistrict » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:33 pm

Hi Scottie...does your village have an address yet? Looking forward to visiting.
Greenltdistrict

Postby moshe! » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:44 pm

meetings are big. 30 plus mostly. And theres three a day at anon camp, couple at hokey pokey and a few at stella. Big diffference from when it was just me and another guy meeting at the foot of the man in 96. Not EVERYTHING was better back then.
moshe!

Postby scottie2hottie » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:08 pm

Hey all,

There was a delay in getting access to the site but we've got it all taken care of now. BurnAnon.org now has the Any-A meeting schedule published. NA and Alanon have, in the past, had their own meetings as well but I don't have any word on when they're supposed to take place (any NA'ers or Alanons who know please let me know ASAP). More pages this coming week. No word on exactly where we'll be placed this year but scuttlebut has it that we will be close to Center Camp. Like Moshe said (whatup Moshe!) meetings are fairly large (at least compared to Carson City meetings). For anyone new, the meetings are generally all inclusive (hence Any-A) and, like Burning Man, all are welcome to participate. On a side note for anyone new, I'd like to just say that I really get a lot from the meetings in AV because, since we come from a variety of addictions, I have found that the "solution" is generally shared more often than compared to regular "worldy" meetings, since the solution is what we all share in common.

I eagerly await the Kenyan brew!

~S2H
~Scottie2Hottie

scottie2hottie

Return to 2008 Theme Camps