Artists Seeking Stages

Artists Seeking Stages

Postby trilobyte » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:09 am

Want to play somewhere on the playa, but don't know where?

Well, tell us about yourself (or your band/group/troupe)! What kind of stuff do you do? What do you want to do on the playa? Include links to examples of your work or your site, but please don't abuse the boards by posting advertisements for releases/gigs off the playa.

This is the thread that artists, bands, DJ's, and other performers coming to Burning Man 2007 can use to help find camps, installations, or mutant vehicles with stages.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Chapa - Musical Artist -

Postby chapa » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:11 pm

Hello Everyone... My name is Chapa... I will be heading to the Playa for my second Burn... My band, Chapa, played center camp last year, but didn't take advantage of little cafes and bars around the city... This year, I want to change that up... Anyone looking for bands, please check out the site below, or send an email to buyridechapa@yahoo.com... Please see the link below to check out the sounds...

I look forward to hearing from you all...
Chapa

http://www.chapamusic.com
chapa

Postby sisterzer0 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:25 am

Hi. 'm jessica. jessica chaos. i am in a band called, plastiq passion, we are a new wave/rock girl band.

this year i will be going to the BURN! WOOOHOOOO!!!

love that freakin BURN YO!

i play the guitar and sing.
unfortunately my other bandmates can't make it out.
so i will be playing solo.

check out our site:
www.plastiqpassiontheband.com
myspace.com/plastiqpassion

shoot me over an email: plastiqpassion@gmail.com

:)

--jessica
sisterzer0

very happy to be coming abck home

Postby The Phat Conductor » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:33 am

great thread trilo!

i'm happy to say i'll be returning this year with loads of new music and a new alter ego. i'm already playing root society as the phat conductor, but the more the merrier!

if you want to hear breaks, electro, house, hiphop, and dnb you can check out some of my live sets as the phat conductor here: http://www.thephatconductor.com/music.htm i've been at it for 12 years and it's all i do (no day job, wuha!)

i also have this new mix from my alter ego tao jones... check it out here:

Tao Jones - Speed Limit Hiphop Sampler

www.thephatconductor.com/TaoJones-SpeedLimit.mp3

This promo mixset is a sampler of the slower stuff I like to play as Tao Jones. It's basically a condensed version of the hour and a half to two hours I normally play. It starts off all chunky and hiphop, gets glitchy, rages it, catches it's breath, and then get's all wobbly in the low end. The last track I probably wouldn't play at an event unless it was really appropriate, but it's one of my favourite songs ever so I thought I'd share it with you.

If you like the music on this set, please support the artists by buying their music and going to their shows.

Thanks and props go out to ana sia, lorin, the glitch mob, and sean conlon, who did shut em down with me.

Much love

Dylan

1. Cyne - Nothing Scared
2. edIT - Dirt Off Your Hova Cutup
3. Freakon - Badman Mash
4. Funkstorung Feat Tes - Chopping Heads
5. Tao Jones - Shut Em Down
6. TTC - Dans Le Club (Instrumental
6a. M.I.A. - Galang (Acapella)
7. Dabrye - Lost
8. Kelis - Bossy (SebastiAn Remix) - Tao Jones' Non-Dairy Edit
9. Hitch Glop
10. Mochipet - Bass Against The Machine
11. 8 Frozen Modules - Low Bite Riddim
12. Kraddy - Dangerous
13. Tao Jones - Collateral Damage
14. Louis Couture - Backative
15. Soteg - Ebeneezer
16. Vibesquad - Swivel
17. Breakbeat Buddha feat. Shugga - Endurance
18. Si Begg - Bangin
19. Bassnectar - Amorphous Form
20. Exile and Soft Focus - Silicon Chop
21. World's End Girlfriend - Singing Under the Rainbow
The Phat Conductor

Postby Leko » Thu May 03, 2007 11:33 am

Hello. DJ Leko here, from Sirius Satellite Radio and 107.1FM VybeRadio Miami. After hearing the outstanding reviews given by my colleagues at XM, I decided to trek my way into the desert for this year's event.

If anyone has slots available to spin at their camp or event, I'll gladly promote your cause on the air, including your message or theme and the names of any other DJ's spinning your camp or event if you like.

If you haven't heard me spin, here are some names that I have played with recently or have upcoming scheduled shows with:

Christopher Lawrence
Judge Jules
DJ Keoki
David Guetta
Richard "Humpty" Vission
Donald Glaude
James Zabiela
Chris Fortier
Starkillers (Nick Terranova)
Robbie Rivera
Miles Dyson
Superchumbo (Tom Stephan)
Charles Feelgood
Scott Henry
Bryan Cox
DMS-12
Chus & Ceballos
DJ Icey
Rennie Pilgrem
Uberzone
Bassbin Twins
Deekline & Wizard
Jen Lasher
Krafty Kuts
General Midi
Aquasky

You can find me online at:

http://www.DJLeko.com

http://www.myspace.com/DJLeko

And the best contact is Leko@DJLeko.com

Thanks for your consideration, and I look forward to the experience!

Leko
Leko

Postby ivy arianrhod » Mon May 07, 2007 2:21 pm

I am a professional ballroom and latin dancer as well as a burlesque performer--I am looking for somewhere to perform. I'm also interested in creating some choreography with a group while on the playa, then performing it somewhere at the end of the week. Anyone who wants to dance with me, let me know! The studio I work out of is www.studio665.com and I have a few dance pictures up at http://people.tribe.net/witch_dancer
ivy arianrhod

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Camp Walter

Burlesque

Postby dancemaker » Tue May 08, 2007 5:20 pm

Hello I also perform Burlesque my charachter is Head Mistress Cheripop Purr and I would love to do some performing this year on some of the stages.
Dancing across the Universe
dancemaker

Postby SingingStovepipe » Wed May 09, 2007 12:11 pm

Hello,

I'm a classical bassoon player. I will be bringing a bassoon out to the playa this year and am seeking other classical musicians with whom to perform.

Specifically, I'd love to find a pianist to collaborate with, an art car with a stage to hitch a ride on, and a few mellow establlishments that would love to hear some lovely music.

Best Wishes,
Jess

Postby gaminwench » Wed May 09, 2007 4:35 pm

hey, jess, send me e-mail...we have a performance tent with a baby grand; in the last few years we've had,with OBOP, a cellist, saxophonist, clarinetist, pianists, string guys(guitar, bass, mandolin) drummers, percussionists,flautists,and YES! - two bassoonists - professionals all!!
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

the funk is in your area

Postby malarkey » Wed May 09, 2007 6:48 pm

got a theme camp/village/playa den? looking for a breaks dj? This year I'll be camping with Skinny Kitty and performing a lot on the Flo-Go-Iceberg. Holla if you want some funk... cause it's in your area.

me? board member for Techno Tribal Dance... Harmony Festival. North bay area turntable enthusiast. DJ'd along side of Les Claypool, The Coup, Heavy Weight Dub Champion, Freq Nasty, Bassnectar, Unberzone, Nick Thayer, Simply Jeff, Logic, Jeno and tons of cool ass local jedi's.

www.mysticbeatlounge.com
www.harmontfestival.com
www.cdbaby.com/djmalarkey
www.myspace.com/djmalarkey
www.optimisticmusic.com

-peas
malarkey

Postby FallenAngel » Mon May 14, 2007 10:14 pm

The Havana Room is looking for talent to display on our beautiful raised stage at this year's BM 2007. What we are looking for is;

DJ's - Especially with a Latin, or Caribbean, or downright exotic theme. If you can get booties movin', we want to talk to you.

Musicians - Do you play Jazz, Lounge Music, Flamenco, or anything that would feel right at home in a swanky lounge? If so, The Havana Room sounds like the right venue for you.

Dancers - Salsa, Merengue, Samba, Swing, Burlesque, or anything exotic (such as Polynesian, or Josephine Baker's Banana Dance). If you have elaborate costumes (such as Carnival type of costumes or Burlesque outfits) then we want you dancing on our raised stage, and taking walks down our catwalk.

Stage Talent - Comedians, Sword Swallowers, Magicians, or anything else you might find in a variety show in the 50's or 60's is welcome here. Just ask, and if it fits the vibe of The Havana Room, welcome to our stage.

Anyone Else - We are welcoming solid people to join our camp, so if you're not afraid to roll up your sleeves then relax with a mojito and fine cigar afterwards, then you've found the right camp. Let's start a dialogue.

Here's a description of The Havana Room
In keeping with the "Green" theme, we are creating a paradise in the middle of the desert, inspired by lush Havana of days gone by. So, break out your leisure suit or bunny ears, saunter in like James Bond, Michael Corleone, or one of the Rat Packers, take a seat at the cigar bar, roulette table, or poker pit, and enjoy the show featuring salsa, burlesque, and more. In addition to the show, music ranges the gamut from the Buena Vista Social Club, Bebel Gilberto, even Hooverphonic. Guest DJ's will be spinning everything from theme music to whatever fits the vibe.

(if this is a bit wordy for this thread/post, I'll gladly move it to its own thread.)

http://tribes.tribe.net/havanaroom

http://www.havanaroom.org/

I noticed some talent in here that would be absolutely perfect for The Havana Room. Please feel free to contact me at the following email address;

fallenangel(at)havanaroom(dot)org

By the way, excellent thread Trilo.
FallenAngel

Postby Sandwichman » Thu May 17, 2007 6:39 pm

Hey there, another dj here. I spin house and breaks and have been doing so around 12 years. I have played plenty of events and have experience with my own sound system. This year I am leaving the sound system at home. Below is my latest mix. PM me or you can find me at myspace. I am already playing at a few camps and would love to play a few more.

Jason Philips
To listen to La música que no te tocará como el tío Bob click here
Sandwichman

Postby joshyalaska » Sat May 19, 2007 4:07 pm

I'm up for playing if anyone wants some live PA breaks...

I play a mix of breaks and dark and heavy shit - lots of bass lines that will have you humping anything in sight. I've got a fair amount of past experience playing live with Gradual Meltdown in PDX and want to bring it to the playa this year as I didn't last year and was totally bummed I didn't. I can play a set of all original material that lasts about an hour...can laptop DJ as well - breaks/dubstep/etc

I do a hybrid performance of both hardware synthesizers and a laptop...

check out my music at:

http://www.tribe.net/joshya (link to a mix available here)

http://www.myspace.com/joshyaak

http://www.myspace.com/gradualmeltdown

peace
joshya

pm me here or on tribe.
joshyalaska

Djs from London

Postby soundcankill » Sun May 20, 2007 11:28 am

We are two guys from London UK called Sonic Surgery and have been DJing all over the world for the past 10 years.

We play electro house / tech house and are looking to DJ at BM 2007. Any suggestions??

www.myspace.com/enterthesurgery
soundcankill@hotmail.com
soundcankill

Postby ivy arianrhod » Mon May 21, 2007 5:06 pm

I just wanted to amend my post-- The choreography I want to work on with a group would be modern/jazz style, not ballroom. And my burlesque name is Ruby Roulette, so I'd fit in with the Havana Room! My myspace page is: www.myspace.com/ivy_arianrhod
ivy arianrhod

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Camp Walter

Postby damon » Mon May 21, 2007 9:31 pm

Chillumafia Dj Collective (Yidam + Damon) offers mixture of ambient/psychill/downtempo/world grooves/dub background for your art installation, chaishop, lounge bar or orgy dome :)

We can spice it up with asian breaks/psybreaks/psytrance if necessary.

Live tabla is an option.

We can bring all equipment we need to your camp. We need your speakers and amps only:)

You can listen to our mixes here:

Yidam:

http://yidam.podomatic.com/

Damon:

http://www.asmatronica.com/mixes/damon/

PS. If you are drummer/didgeridoo player - send us a message - we will be happy to collaborate :)
damon

The Culprits on Stage

Postby mimimona » Thu May 24, 2007 11:59 am

We are a brother/sister duo from San Francisco seeking stages to play for 2007. Our music is a synthesis of electronica, jazz, rock, and classical. We are planning on bringing both an up tempo dance set and a down tempo set to the playa this year. We play straight ahead jazz as well and we would be delighted to collaborate with other musicians. My brother Nick is a skilled pianist and has arranged large groups as well as accompanied many different kinds of singers and instrumentalists.
Please check us out at www.bandofculprits.com or myspace.com/culpable

We are here to rally the green warriors. There's no better place to start then home.

Love to everyone.

the Culprits
mimimona

Postby somefreak » Wed May 30, 2007 7:32 am

hi there, I'm in Australia and coming to my first burning man, very excited.

I make music and DJ across a wide variety of styles, mostly deep music though; involved a lot with the free party scene here in Sydney, looking forward to meeting like minded crews from across the world.

I have a myspace http://www.myspace.com/somefreakmusic which has links to a few of my mixes and some of my tunes.

Also there is a strange exotica/lounge mix I did that isn't so dancefloor based - http://www.highjinks.com.au/bodegamix.mp3

I play dub, deep techno, detroit house, minimal trippy shit, dubstep, abstract hip-hop, digital reggae/dancehall, cosmic disco, strange synth music, psych-jazz, afrobeat, latin funk and anything particularly strange or space-age.

artists I respect are Carl Craig, Theo Parrish, Sun Ra, Basic Channel, Herbie Hancock, King Tubby, Fela Kuti, Juan Atkins, Ray Baretto, Digital Mystikz, Madlib, Arthur Russell, Ricardo Villalobos, King Jammy, Kode9, Freddie Hubbard, Giorgio Moroder, J Dilla, Dan Bell and many more...

I will be bringing a big wallet of CDs and my headphones and am happy to play anywhere, any time, or just help out. I don't have a theme camp or any affiliation like that. Just gonna rock up and see what happens!

Peace!
somefreak

Breaks/Dirty electro.....and PSY DJ

Postby Fabs » Thu May 31, 2007 1:43 am

Hi there
was at BM last year and played for one of the radio.
This year i would love to play for a camp, installation, Sound System..anything..
I play breaks and electro mainly but can also do a PSY full on mix
Please go to http://www.lefab.co.uk do download some mixes or drop me a line if you want to receive a CD
Cheers
fabs :)
Fabs

PIANO wanted!

Postby pianoplaya » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi,

as my name says, I'm a pianoplayer...

This will be my first BurningMan, it's somehow hard to imagine "real" instruments out there in the heat and the dust...

I am a classical piano player (professional, would also be possible to perform some solo piano pieces), but am interested in Jazz, Reggae, world music and all kinds of experimental/electronic stuff.

Hopefully I'll somehow get a BM ticket shipped to Germany, and then I'd like to hang around with some creative music-making people.
Hope to hear from you, need some good people around me because I will travel on my own.
Kris
pianoplaya

Drum and Bass Dj Looking to spin at your camp

Postby DJmoYst » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:21 pm

I'm DJ moYst and would like to spin Dnb/Jungle at your camp. I spin dark, tech, old school Jungle and jump-up so there is something for everyone. Please email me at sean.a.k@cox.net, or post a reply. Thanks. CU There!!!!!!!!!!!
DJ MoYst aka S-DOT-K ~ Peace Love & Drum 'N' Bass
DJmoYst

Midtempo Breaks Producer

Postby doramey fossillotti » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:21 pm

Greetings...

I'm Mr. Rogers.

I'm looking for some gigs.

I DJ my own original material on CD format. It's around 115bpm.

It's really musical, and I like to take it through a lot of different styles, but if I had to put a label on it, I would say it's Midtempo-Funky-Psychedlic-Electro-Glitch-Breaks :)

You can hear a short mix of it here:
www.funkyclouds.com/rogers.mp3

Thanks much, and much love
doramey fossillotti

Re: Midtempo Breaks Producer

Postby scootert » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:15 pm

Hi Mr. Rogers,

I really like your music! There's a chance I might have a place for you to play. Maybe in the art car we're working on. I'll let you know for sure once I know.

Also, I'm a musician (guitar, some keys, percussion) and it might be fun to jam with you. On the other hand, you might not be into that idea - your music is very cool as-is.

If I can't come up with any stages, I still hope to hear you out there, so I hope you'll let people know what you're doing.

Hey, speaking of stages, I noticed this post on Craigslist (SF):

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/muc/345002477.html

I had a brief email chat with him. Seems like a nice guy and his camp is dialed in bigtime. He mentioned he's probably going to have a stage and might be looking for acts/music.

Thinking about burning all the time these days...

Scott
scootert

File under ASS (artists seeking stages)

Postby holger honda » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:07 pm

Hi Im another white nerdy guy making electronic music.
I m looking for a sound system or several to hook up my machines to for an hour or so. Expect retro house and techno with a bit of wiggle to it.
It usually comes out as a fun event whenever I do this. So if you wanna add some live electronics to your neverending list of Djs why not shoot me an email. If you are nice Ill wear my special T shirt.
Oh and Yes I have some tracks in that myspaz page.
www.myspace.com/holgerhonda or something along that line will get you there.
Thank you for smiling.
holger honda

Re: PIANO wanted!

Postby FallenAngel » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:51 pm

[quote="pianoplaya"]Hi,

as my name says, I'm a pianoplayer...

This will be my first BurningMan, it's somehow hard to imagine "real" instruments out there in the heat and the dust...

I am a classical piano player (professional, would also be possible to perform some solo piano pieces), but am interested in Jazz, Reggae, world music and all kinds of experimental/electronic stuff.

Hopefully I'll somehow get a BM ticket shipped to Germany, and then I'd like to hang around with some creative music-making people.
Hope to hear from you, need some good people around me because I will travel on my own.
Kris[/quote]

If someone can get a piano to our stage at The Havana Room, then you've got a place to play.
Fallen Angel
The Havana Room
http://www.havanaroom.org/
On tribe - http://tribes.tribe.net/havanaroom/
fallenangel@havanaroom.org
Talent Booking Info - leia@havanaroom.org

Make a Donation!
PayPal - donation@havanaroom.org
FallenAngel

dud

Postby slawmusic » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:15 pm

Hi. We (dud) make completely improvised music and video that ends up ranging from avant-garage to ambient. We're looking to play some shows at this year's burn. If you're interested, you can see and hear us at http://dudland.com.
slawmusic

HEY PARTY PEOPLE!!!

Postby Makus Keveli » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:49 pm

Hey people!!! we are TWIN & DONNIS.... and are doing a promo tour this summers end and would like everyone and anyone to familiarize themselves on our sound...IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR THEN DROP US AN EMAIL AT:

twin3libra@hotmail.com

...or say a lil somethin on our pages at myspace:

myspace.com/19760927
Makus Keveli

Bluegrass anyone?

Postby farmout » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:21 pm

Hello, looking for folks interested in pickin & grinnin at BM.
I play upright bass & some guitar.
www.thegrassstains.com
www.myspace.com/thegrassstainswv
Still lookin for bluegrass babe/country girl too.
Peace... Farmout :-) :)
Bluegrass & Old Time Music
farmout

Re: Midtempo Breaks Producer

Postby doramey fossillotti » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:31 pm

scootert wrote:Hi Mr. Rogers,

I really like your music! There's a chance I might have a place for you to play. Maybe in the art car we're working on. I'll let you know for sure once I know.

Also, I'm a musician (guitar, some keys, percussion) and it might be fun to jam with you. On the other hand, you might not be into that idea - your music is very cool as-is.

If I can't come up with any stages, I still hope to hear you out there, so I hope you'll let people know what you're doing.

Hey, speaking of stages, I noticed this post on Craigslist (SF):

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/muc/345002477.html

I had a brief email chat with him. Seems like a nice guy and his camp is dialed in bigtime. He mentioned he's probably going to have a stage and might be looking for acts/music.

Thinking about burning all the time these days...

Scott

I sent you a PM dude. I got locked out of my acount for a couple weeks.

peacerz :)
doramey fossillotti

Postby meyouseek » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:58 pm

mid 90's breaks & acid house

newer school breaks and other styles too. lots of aphex twin

all vinyl, all the time
meyouseek

Next

Return to 2007 Art & Performance