Michigan Burners Net

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Michigan Burners Net

Postby DantheMan » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:53 pm

Hey :o I'm lookin' for a kid named Willie. He camped at Snowflake this year I think. His crew brought the Roaster Coaster ride with the go go cage. Lives in Ann Arbor? Holler at him for me, I flew out and back with him & lost his number.
Hey! :lol: I got the lowdown on a silly little New Years Eve shindig in the Det. area. Miss kickin it in domes? Get your fix :roll: by gettin in touch with me.

Dan :wink:
DantheMan

Postby Angry Butterfly » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:07 pm

Hey, I know someone from Mich called DanTheMan, any chance you know someone with the handle Phong? Without revealing too much, I am Phong's sister.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Postby Angry Butterfly » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:10 pm

FA! should have clicked that little button that says profile, you are not the same guy. I kind of couldnt picture any of Phong's friends at Burningman anyway.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.
Angry Butterfly

Yup, I know Willy

Postby Cooky » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:27 pm

Willy/Cletus camped with me in the Ubercarney. I'll let him know you're looking for him. Also, feel free to join the Michgan burners in discussion on the yahoo group: MI_BM-subscribe(at)yahoogroups.com
Cooky
Cooky

lookin' for willie???

Postby speedcult » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:50 pm

Willy was our camp fuck toy.....
and I guess...yerz too ???...whatever the case...he's part inbred redneck carny..part ubercarny sex machine....if you want want contact him....
stand in line.....
speedcult

If you are in MI

Postby Bad Touch » Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:51 pm

Then do not miss Theatre Bizarre next to the fairgrounds 8 mi and woodward sat oct 25 it is the best party in the country...

[url]www.theatrebizarre.com

firefabulon from snowflake village will be there[/url]
Oh Yea sure whatever you say...
Bad Touch

Detroit Santarchy

Postby Cooky » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:36 pm

Reminder that Detroit Santarchy is next Saturday, Dec. 20. Starts at 8:00 PM at the Lager House in corktown. Come on out and join the fun.
www.detroitsantarchy.com
Cooky
Cooky

Detroit Area Dinner

Postby Cooky » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:26 pm

Join us for the 200 Days Dinner Tuesday, January 13 7:00 PM:

It's just 200 days until Burning Man 2004 starts, come out and have
a beer or dinner, meet fellow burners, and beat the winter blahs
with some burning conversation.

Local Color Brewery
42075 Grand River Av.
Novi, Michigan 48375
(248) 349-2600
On Grand River near Novi Rd. http://www.localcolor.com/Contact/index.html

Please RSVP by 4:00 PM Jan. 13 to Michigan@burningman.com
Cooky

Dance, dance, dance...

Postby Cooky » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:40 am

January 24 - Dan's City Club Night!

(Dirtball) Dan has never been to City Club, Detroit's most Elite Dancing Venue! You've never met Dan? You've never heard of City Club? It's all okay - this list is supposed to bring us all together!

Since you're reading this, you're invited to join us at City Club in about 10 days for dancing and other fun. It's cheap, it's not fancy, and there's something just a bit playa about it. One of our fellow 04 Burners, J-9, will be the DJ there that night, and the rest of us will bounce around and have fun.

10 PM, Jan 24
City Club
Detroit, MI
Inside the Ramada Inn
400 Bagley
http://www.detroitcityclub.com/

Think seriously about wearing all black, all white, or something completely different. You won't be alone!
Cooky

Howdy ya'll!

Postby Dwight Frye » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:31 pm

I'm from the Lansing area and am planning on embarking on my fifth burn this fine fall. Is anyone interested in geting some kind of mass transpo or caravan going? I would most surely be interested in partaking in some form of the above stated.
If your reading this you obviously missed the picture of that naked girl.
Dwight Frye

caravan

Postby speedcult » Sat May 01, 2004 8:47 pm

the plan is for the ubercarnymobileassaultunit tobe leaving the wed./thurs before. pretty much I-94 to I-80 if you want to follow along..cool
speedcult

Dont know if you get this

Postby Bad Touch » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:17 am

will be in destroyit for the fourth street fair and then shortly after Ill be heading to the desert and DPW the last week in july if anyone needs a ride or wants to volunteer for admission to the event lt me know combustibleruss@yahoo.com also make it to the fourth street fair on fourthstreet near gm building and henry foard hospital and find the wierd truck ill be there to talk about DPW and what you can do anyway il;l see you there! :roll:
Bad Touch

Dont know if you get this

Postby Bad Touch » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:17 am

will be in destroyit for the fourth street fair and then shortly after Ill be heading to the desert and DPW the last week in july if anyone needs a ride or wants to volunteer for admission to the event lt me know combustibleruss@yahoo.com also make it to the fourth street fair on fourthstreet near gm building and henry foard hospital and find the wierd truck ill be there to talk about DPW and what you can do anyway il;l see you there! :roll:
Bad Touch

Do you read this post?

Postby Bad Touch » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:18 am

Bad Touch

Postby robotland » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am

Departing Kalamazoo on Friday night or Saturday morning before BM begins, taking I90 to Baraboo (Forevertron), Crazy Horse, Carhenge, and then down to I80 with stops at Thunder Mountain and Winnemucca.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

oh

Postby Bad Touch » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:53 am

I leave before that have fun driving from winni bring 2 spare tires the rocks are tough rescued a few from the vast wastelands
Bad Touch

Postby robotland » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:18 am

Oh, there'll be no Jungo Road for this Honda Element.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

route

Postby Bad Touch » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:33 am

then how will you get from winnie? you can use the playa there is a nev hiway on the pplaya ...
Bad Touch

Michigan Summer Campout

Postby Cooky » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:55 pm

All Michigan Burners and potential Burners are invited to “Halfway Hangout"* the first annual Michigan Burners Summer Campout 5:00 PM July 23 – 1:00 PM July 25, 2004.

What:
A casual camping weekend where you can meet your fellow Michigan Burners and have fun in the great Michigan woods. Organized by Cynthia and Kurt the Michigan Regional Reps but made real by all of you!

Where:
2 rustic cabins at Bald Mountain State Park near Pontiac. They are nestled in a lovely wooded site adjacent to a small lake with a dock (but no beach). The cabins are a short walk from the parking site.

Why:
Primarily to have fun with fellow Michigan Burners. For the entertaining stories around the campfire, the car trip to the beach and nearby Putt Putt course, to try out your new Burning Man outfit, bring a kayak and plan a kayak ballet on the lake, meet your fellow Michigan burners so you know more friendly faces at the Big Burn in the desert, practice good potty etiquette in the port-o-jon.

Important Details:
Limited sleeping space (maximum 40 people) so you must pre-register! (how to below)
18 and older only please
Please respect Michigan and federal laws –absolutely no underage drinking!
Leave no trace ethics must be followed. Be prepared to pack out all of your garbage and leave the site cleaner than when we arrive.
Limited parking, please car pool if possible. Very large vehicles (busses, RV’s) would have a difficult time fitting in the parking area.
Be prepared for rustic cabin camping – no electricity, basic port-a-jons, wood stoves in case its cold, bunks w/ mattresses
Sorry, no tent camping, please use the cabins (or crash in your chair by the fire pit)
Fire spinners are welcome to bring your fire gear. You must use spotters and appropriate fire suppression gear to play.
Once you are checked in (you’ll receive an ID lanyard), you are welcome to come and go as you please from the Friday 5:00 PM checkin through the Sunday 1:00 PM checkout. BUT – if you are intoxicated you will NOT be driving.

Good to Bring:
Your ID so we can check you in
Water
Firewood
Cooler, food, beverages, ice
Camp stove or grill if you’d like, or you can roast your tofu dog over the fire
Tasty snax to share
Trash bags
Sleeping bag
Bathing suit & towel
Kilt and other outdoor appropriate clothes
Bug spray, sunscreen, birth control, and other protective gear
Things to light up the night: EL wire costume, flashlight, blinkies
Funky playa hat
Bike
Kayaks or canoes would be terrific on the little lake
Fun stories, happy attitudes, a desire to meet fellow burners!
Games, toys, talents, your art, craft projects to share etc. You will make this campout a success.
A few bucks ($10 suggested) to help offset the cabin rental cost.
Your annual State Park parking pass, or $6/day to purchase a daily parking pass.

Bad to Bring:
Small yapping dogs (sorry no pets allowed)
Angry landlords
Egg salad (unless you bring a cooler and ice)
Your scary cousin "Luigi"
Fireworks (sorry, not allowed in State Parks)

How to Register:
Please send the following info for all the people that you plan to bring full name, age, and email address to Cynthia, Michigan Regional Burning Man Rep email address michiganburn@yahoo.com. You should receive a confirmation reply within 2 days that will include specific directions. Must register by July 16 (registration will close early if we reach our max count before July 16).

Questions?
Post to the Michigan Burners list or send to Cynthia at michiganburn@yahoo.com

*Why "Halfway Hangout"?
Well, 5 weekends from now we'll be camping together then 5 after that we'll be on our way to Burning Man!
Cooky

Re: route

Postby robotland » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:08 am

Bad Touch wrote:then how will you get from winnie? you can use the playa there is a nev hiway on the pplaya ...

Fill me in on this "nev hiway"- which dimension does it occupy, and what is the password? Far's I know, the default is 80 to 447.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Halfway Hangout Reminder

Postby Cooky » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:23 pm

Just a quick reminder that RSVP's are due this Friday for the Michigan Burner's Halfway Hangout camping weekend. More info 2 posts above...
Thanks!
Cooky

RSVP email michiganburn(at)yahoo.com
General questions email michigan(at)yahoo.com
Cooky

Aura Man is Auguast 21 in northwest Indiana - RSVP soon

Postby misha50 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:45 am

In case you haven't got the announcement otherwise, I'd thought I'd let you know about Aura Man. Jim and I can't get to BRC tis year so we're having a "consolation burn" on august 21. It's at a clothing optional camp in northwest Indiana. Stop by on your way to the playa or join us to console yourself if you can't make it to BRC either.

We need an RSVP soon.

Check out the info at http://geocities.com/auramanburn
Plan like you'll live to be 90. Live like you'll die tomorrow.
misha50

Michigan Burners Regional Decomp

Postby Cooky » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:44 pm

This years Michigan Burners Decomp date is set -- Saturday Oct 9 -- Sunday Oct 10. We're moving to a more campout oriented full overnight event. Details will be posted on the Michigan Burners list on yahoo groups and on the Michigan Announce list.

Good energy is brewing including mini-theme camp setups, Sunday morning pancake spectacular, lots of newbies, and the usual fun community sharing of stories, art, photos, music etc.

Want to get involved? Email Cooky at either

michigan(at)burningman.com
OR
michiganburn(at)yahoo.com

Hope to see you there!
Cooky
Cooky

Michigan Burners Decomp Oct 9 - 10

Postby Cooky » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:57 am

Ok, so our woodsy camping site fell through, instead this will be an urban (camping still welcome) adventure...

What:

A full night event 8:00 PM October 9 until 8:00 AM Octomber 10,
featuring all of the energy, art, food, fun, music, random costumes,
odd installations etc. that you wish to bring and share with your
fellow Michigan Burners. Please come prepared for the elements.

Important Details:

This is a leave no trace event -- clean up after yourself even those
pesky cigarette butts! Sorry, 18 and older this time; an all ages
gathering will be coming this winter. If you drink don't drive home
until you're sober! If you are underage, please don't drink. Fire
play is welcome outdoors, please bring safety supplies. We'll have a
bonfire so bringing wood or other (non-toxic...) items to burn would
be great! Tents, campers, 10x10 shade structures etc. are all
welcome. You are absolutely welcome to spend the whole night with
us and wakeup to Cooky's Pancake Palace in full swing.

RSVP:
Please send me an email with your name and how many folks you think
you're bringing so we can be prepared. michiganburn@yahoo.com

Where:

TimTV's dojo (Warren Main Ukiyo Dojo)
11380 Kaltz
Warren, Mi 48089
The building is about 3 blocks south of 10 Mile about 2 blocks west
of Hoover. You'll be in a "light industrial" area. Look for a line
of lights outlining the path to the entrance at the dojo.

Location description:

We'll be using a little bit of the inside of the dojo but not much
since we need to keep those gorgeously polished practice floors nice
and clean for the regular students. But, we will have access to
real indoor toilets. Most of the setup including the fire pit will
be in the large, nicely private fenced in area out back. This is
where you'll find the mini camp setups, the music, the fire, and the
joyous people playing and sharing and laughing.

Bringing Stuff / Doing Stuff:

If you want to bring something big like an RV, a mechanical
elephant, or a theme camp please email me directly. If you want to
do something cool and interactive please do, but if it involves
permits or power or something like that please email me to work out
the logistics.

See you all on the 9th!
Cooky & Roger the Plumber
Michigan Burning Man Regional Reps
Cooky

February 2005 Events

Postby Cooky » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:07 pm

Thursday Feb 10
Larry Harvey and David Best speaking at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor 5:00 -- 6:30 PM. Drinks, food and community gathering after at Leopold Brothers Brewery.

Saturday Feb 19
Pajama Jammy Jam overnight gathering, slumber party, movies, wear your best pajama outfit for the fashion show. TimTV's dojo in Centerline, just outside Detroit.

Join us!

Email if you have questions either michigan@burningman.com
or michiganburn@yahoo.com

Cooky
Cooky

Postby robotland » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:05 am

Just bumpin' the Mich thread....Still looking for Blue Coast Burners! GR, Holland, Saug, SHaven, St. Joe? Hello?

*sigh*
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby Cooky » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:09 am

All Michigan burners past, present and future are invited to the regional decomp Saturday October 1st.

11380 Kaltz
Warren, Mi 48089
The building is about 3 blocks south of 10 Mile about 2 blocks west
of Hoover. You'll be in a "light industrial" area. Look for a line
of lights outlining the path to the entrance at the dojo.

TIMELINE (Sat. Oct 1 -- Sun. Oct. 2)
2:00 PM early entry for setup and prep, all welcome who want to help
7:00 PM community potluck (bring a dish to share, bring your own silverware and plates)
8:00 PM -- 8:00 AM various dj's, lightshows, Fire Fabulon perfomance, Chaos performance, photo sharing, hangout, Camp Happy Hour, Ubercarney's (un)Safety Town burn, 2006 project talks and much more
8:00 AM -- 1:00 PM sleeping, breakfast, caffeine, cleaning starts
1:00 PM Sunday Heroic LNT Cleanup -- all welcome, all needed

FYI:
This is a leave no trace event -- clean up after yourself even those pesky cigarette butts! If you drink don't drive home until you're sober! If you are underage, please don't drink. Fire play is welcome outdoors, please bring safety supplies. We'll have a bonfire so bringing wood or other (non-toxic...) items to burn would be great! Tents, campers, 10x10 shade structures etc. are all welcome. You are absolutely welcome to spend the whole night with us.

STUFF:
If you want to bring something big like an RV, a mechanical elephant, or a theme camp please email me directly. If you want to do something cool and interactive please do, but if it involves power or something like that please email me to work out the logistics.

Requested donation:
To cover costs of the port-o-john, event insurance and use of the dojo we'll be asking for a $20 donation at the door. But, don't let money keep you away...if you can't afford $20 come anyway whatever you can afford to contribute whether it's $20 or 20 minutes of your time will get you in the door.

See you all on the 1st!
Cooky & Kurt
Michigan Burning Man Regional Contacts

michiganburn@yahoo.com
kurt@braindancestudios.com
Cooky

Return to Regionals & Events