Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.

All things outside of Burning Man.

Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.

Postby Dustbuddy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:58 pm

Recently, over on the Sept.11 camp thread, I became you! (1 2)

You can imagine my surprise. I've never been anybody other than me before, so being transformed into one of your avatars completely threw me. Now that we're one and the same person, I was wondering if you could offer me some advice on how to be you.

That, and if you could tell me why, if I'm you (implying that I'm living in Nevada), why it looked like I was still in the Midwest when I was walking around a few minutes ago? Big tall trees and not a mountain in sight. Was I seeing things? Have I/you/we been hitting the sauce, again, and if so, as your avatar, will I have to worry about getting your headaches? All of this alternative epistemology has me so confused. Please clear things up for me while I ponder the wonder of it all in an irony-free way, of course.
User avatar
Dustbuddy
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: Northern Illinois

Dallasplayer or Hugh Mungus or Dustbuddy it is all the same

Postby Rockdad » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:26 am

Dustbuddy maybe it is because you started your account here on e-playa on March 9th right after I stated to Hugh that I had him on Ignore and then without lurking around checking out any postings or getting familiar with Eplaya you start posting on Hugh's favorite threads including a moderators thread seems a bit bold for such Newbie?

And then you have a one on one debate with Hugh or do I mean you in regards to Locking/Deleting Personal Attack Based Topics? on your very first day!

During your debate with your other hand (Hugh) you mention personal attacks do you mean like the one a few hours ago where you called me a liar and a nut?

Instead of trying to have a civil discussion you start a personally attacking me with the same exact nasty hostile attitude that had caused me to put Hugh on ignore! And then you are proven to be a nit picker that can not get off a simple concept and continue the discussion just like Hugh!
You say your putting me on ignore how very funny just like Hugh would like to do except I beat him to it months ago!
Your use of terms, wordage, attitude, nit picking, hostility, and inability to
Continue a civil discourse without bringing the same point up over and over again Ad nauseum leads me to believe you are just a nauseating Hugh Puppet!
I hope a moderator looks into this I bet they find that you are using the same IP address as Hugh Mungus better run down to the library and start posting from there maybe they will not check your original sign-up and post’s but that would not help much either since the general geographic location of any IP can be discerned.

Your Bustedbuddy!
8)
Eplaya Bar Camp 2006 "What will it be"

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
User avatar
Rockdad
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Central Valley, Ca

Postby Sensei » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:17 am

A sock and a newbie walk into an esplanade bar and the bartender says...

Not to change the subject, I mean, how could I since there wasn't one in the first place? Anyhoo, here is a list of the booze in my apt. at this very (early!) moment:

1 750ml Herradura Anejo (hoighty-toity tequila)
1 750ml Jameson (good ol' Irish whoosh-key)
1 375ml Maker's Mark (hoighty-toity Amer'can whoosh-key)
1 750ml Patron Silver (another h-t tequila, opened: half-gone!)
2 50ml Rumplemintz (schnapps apparently; I think it's for children myself)
1 50ml Wild Turkey (redneck rocket fuel)

which does not include:

1 375ml of Patron Silver
1 375ml of Jameson
1 375ml of Bailey's (gift pack with 2 glasses!)
1 Metric-Fuckton of organic dark chocolate

which will go off in a care package for Gigs. The weird part is, after several months of drinking like a fish - a drunken, besotted fish! - I suddenly have no taste for the booze. I'm sure it'll come back soon, and if not, I'll just unload this stuff this summer in the desert.

Thank god for good smoke, I say! Here, Here!

Now back to whatever it was those people were going on about...
User avatar
Sensei
 
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: Seattle

Postby Rockdad » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:24 am

Wow ready for a party Bring it by my camp I'll help dispose of it properly! thanks for the smile...and reminder of how willing some people including myself are to take eplaya to seriously...
Thanks Sensei
Eplaya Bar Camp 2006 "What will it be"

The Eplaya Bar Camp Blog
User avatar
Rockdad
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Central Valley, Ca

Postby Sensei » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:38 am

You're (hic!) welcome. See ya' this summer!

Remember people, whenever you're feeling a little down, click on "Memberlist" up there near the top of the page. Do a sort on "Total posts" and notice the top posters. Are you one of them? No? Well then, that's settled: you're probably not an asshole. To make sure, see if you've posted in any of the political threads. No? Congratulations! You're in the clear!

Hope this helps!
User avatar
Sensei
 
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: Seattle

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:37 am

Another tad of advise, make sure when it comes to politics on eplaya, you can back up what you post. As you can see from the post previous to mine, some can get a little bit bent outta shape.
So here is what I do.
You can always express your opinions through your art.
That's what I like to do when most have a hard time taking what they dish out. You know.....something like this:















.
.





Image
Nice piece of work huh?


:P


Can you understand why some less talented would get jealous of fantastic art like that?


:lol:
Image

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby spectabillis » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:58 am

gee, thanks for people spreading personal differences around, especially appreciate creating a whole new topic for it.
spectabillis
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:07 am
Location: parallel cortex sensory stream interface

Postby blueniteowl » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:06 pm

Sensei wrote:A sock and a newbie walk into an esplanade bar and the bartender says...


Wait, wait, wait!! I know this one, wait, don't tell me ...

Oh, and even though I haven't posted in any of the poolitical threads, I'm positive I'm an asshole. Really, I swear! Hey, stop laughing...
User avatar
blueniteowl
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:45 am
Location: found in dust

Postby Cabanasprings » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:31 pm

Sarcasm can be a useful tool - when it's funny. Otherwise, it's just boring as all fuck get out.
Cabanasprings
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:18 pm

Postby spectabillis » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:12 pm

blueniteowl wrote:...I'm positive I'm an asshole. Really, I swear!...


*pfft* nice try.
spectabillis
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:07 am
Location: parallel cortex sensory stream interface

Re: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.

Postby HughMungus » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:53 pm

Dustbuddy wrote:Recently, over on the Sept.11 camp thread, I became you! (1 2)

You can imagine my surprise. I've never been anybody other than me before, so being transformed into one of your avatars completely threw me. Now that we're one and the same person, I was wondering if you could offer me some advice on how to be you.

That, and if you could tell me why, if I'm you (implying that I'm living in Nevada), why it looked like I was still in the Midwest when I was walking around a few minutes ago? Big tall trees and not a mountain in sight. Was I seeing things? Have I/you/we been hitting the sauce, again, and if so, as your avatar, will I have to worry about getting your headaches? All of this alternative epistemology has me so confused. Please clear things up for me while I ponder the wonder of it all in an irony-free way, of course.


The problem is with Rockdad. He seems to display a classic persecution complex. No matter what he does wrong, he thinks that anyone who disagrees with him is acting against him personally not because of what he's done but because they want to persecute him. For example, he thinks he should be allowed to take pictures of people without asking (and, even worse, post the images right here on ePlaya). When told that what he's doing is wrong, he says he's being followed, harassed, etc. That's all I can figure out. This is just a message board, right?
It's what you make it.
User avatar
HughMungus
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:17 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby Sensei » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:57 pm

Just when I thought it couldn't get anymore punk...
User avatar
Sensei
 
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.

Postby spectabillis » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:30 pm

HughMungus wrote:The problem is with Rockdad. He seems to display a classic persecution complex...


I can tell you personally that Rockdad does own up to things, so you might want to drop it now.
spectabillis
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:07 am
Location: parallel cortex sensory stream interface

Postby Sensei » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:36 am

Sensei wrote: ... Do a sort on "Total posts" and notice the top posters. Are you one of them? No? Well then, that's settled: you're probably not an asshole. To make sure, see if you've posted in any of the political threads. No? Congratulations! You're in the clear!


It occurs to me that I may have accidentally insulted everyone who posts in the political threads by calling them assholes.

I'm truly sorry for the error.

I meant to say that everyone who posts in the political threads with the exception of Joel is an asshole. Wait, add Bar-B-Sue to that list. Okay, one or two others, but after that it's all chaff.

Thank you.
User avatar
Sensei
 
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: Seattle

Postby Kinetic IV » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:08 am

Image

My paint mixing equipment is down or I'd whip up a gallon of "Classic Stereotyping...now with overly broad coverage" for ya.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV
 
Posts: 2984
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:34 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine as of 10/27/06

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:01 am

A sock and a newbie walk into an esplanade bar and the bartender says...

I'll have a Playa Dustbuster.

Not knowing what that is the bartender asks how to make it.


Appearing like magic from the great ether, Sensei appirates in a cloud of dust. ... Exclaiming 'I know this one', Sensei wrote:
1 750ml Herradura Anejo (hoighty-toity tequila)
1 750ml Jameson (good ol' Irish whoosh-key)
1 375ml Maker's Mark (hoighty-toity Amer'can whoosh-key)
1 750ml Patron Silver (another h-t tequila, opened: half-gone!)
2 50ml Rumplemintz (schnapps apparently; I think it's for children myself)
1 50ml Wild Turkey (redneck rocket fuel)

1 375ml of Patron Silver
1 375ml of Jameson
1 375ml of Bailey's (gift pack with 2 glasses!)
1 Metric-Fuckton of organic dark chocolate

Mix all this together, shake in a *very* large martini shaker, and enjoy...


Serves 2.
User avatar
Lassen Forge
 
Posts: 5322
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Re: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:07 am

spectabillis wrote:
HughMungus wrote:The problem is with Rockdad. He seems to display a classic persecution complex...


I can tell you personally that Rockdad does own up to things, so you might want to drop it now.


Holy shit!

I actually agree with the Spec and I like HughMungus.
Image

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:09 am

Sensei wrote:It occurs to me that I may have accidentally insulted everyone who posts in the political threads by calling them assholes.

I'm truly sorry for the error.

I meant to say that everyone who posts in the political threads with the exception of Joel is an asshole. Wait, add Bar-B-Sue to that list. Okay, one or two others, but after that it's all chaff.

Thank you.


Asshole.
Image

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:10 am

blueniteowl wrote:
Wait, wait, wait!! I know this one, wait, don't tell me ...

Oh, and even though I haven't posted in any of the poolitical threads, I'm positive I'm an asshole. Really, I swear! Hey, stop laughing...


And you are a.............tiny asshole.





(uuuummmm, is that a good thing?)
Image

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby blueniteowl » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:10 am

Yes, it means I'm tough!

Actually, to be truthful I'm more of a bitch. But I guess I'll settle for tiny asshole.
User avatar
blueniteowl
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:45 am
Location: found in dust

Re: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.

Postby Dustbuddy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:45 am

HughMungus wrote: The problem is with Rockdad. He seems to display a classic persecution complex. No matter what he does wrong, he thinks that anyone who disagrees with him is acting against him personally not because of what he's done but because they want to persecute him.



I take it that his behavior on the 9-11 demo thread was typical for him?


For example, he thinks he should be allowed to take pictures of people without asking (and, even worse, post the images right here on ePlaya).



OK, that IS potentially dangerous. Genuine violent fanaticism is not hard to find online, and connecting a name to a face is just going to help any would-be stalker.



When told that what he's doing is wrong, he says he's being followed, harassed, etc.



Emotionally blackmailing people into supporting him? OK.


That's all I can figure out. This is just a message board, right?



True, but online or off, we express ourselves through our words, and if our words speak to an attitude that we wouldn't want people to think we held, whose fault is that? To choose to look like a troll is, itself, a form of trolling.

I don't think that you're going out on that slender of a limb when you try to get to know Rockdad from what you see of him on ePlaya. You won't know all of the nuances of the man's personality, but the basic outline of what you're seeing should be correct.
User avatar
Dustbuddy
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: Northern Illinois

Postby Dustbuddy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:23 am

spectabillis wrote:gee, thanks for people spreading personal differences around, especially appreciate creating a whole new topic for it.


Spec, in the words of a longterm critic of this forum, "step back from the discussion, count to a thousand, come back to the discussion and see that you've been played". Shedding so much heat that nobody notices that he is shedding no light has been Rockdad's strategy of choice throughout. I know that you've had differences with HughMungus. One only has to do a search to see how many, and I'm not necessarily saying that you were in the wrong during all of those disputes, but that old saying about the enemy of your enemy being your friend is a crock. The mere fact of somebody else being Hugh's enemy wouldn't necessarily imply that the person in question was being a productive or civilized presence on the board at the moment, even if Hugh had been trolling nonstop - and would you really want to argue that he has been?

I've moderated forums before, so I know what a board looks like from a mod's point of view, and I know that you know darned well that I'm not Hugh. Somewhere near the bottom of this post, as you see it on your screen, you should find my IP address. A simple IP lookup - and there are a lot of sites where you can do those - will show you that I'm posting from a small ISP in Northern Illinois that has no out of state dialup numbers, a fact that my primary ISP will confirm. Hugh lives in Reno, literally thousands of miles from me. How could we possibly be the same person?

The whole thing is absurd and it's a kind of absurdity that ePlaya is getting deservedly notorious for - random sock puppet accusations, used as a form of mudslinging against the newbies whenever an argument isn't going the way one of the regulars would like. This is part of what Rockdad did to me, in response to the fact that when he was less than forthcoming about what one of his cited sources had to say, I called him on what he had done. That's not a "difference of opinion", Spec, that's just wrong under any civilized standard of behavior.

If I had gotten really angry about that incident and started venting about it, I would have been 100% within my rights, but I didn't do that. Instead, I joked about the absurdity of a scenario that keeps playing itself out on this board over and over, and will continue to do so as long as defamation of character continues to be a respected tool of debate in this forum. Demonstrating that somebody has lied about what one of his cited sources had to say is not defamation of character. That's just responsible scholarship in the face of fraud, and demonstrate the point I did - just follow the links. On the other hand, slinging irrelevant personal accusations designed to provoke ridicule for the purpose of constructing an ad hominem argument IS defamation of character, and I should hope that a moderator would know the difference. May I assume that you do?

If so, then with all due respect, I would say "please lighten the Hell up". Joking about a genuinely, outrageously offensive situation is a lot less provocative than screaming about it, and in the long run, friend, it is one or the other. Anger does not stay bottled up forever; it is either released at the right moment, in the rough direction of the person who has earned it, or it gets choked back, held in deep until the person who has been angered forgets who he is angry at and why, and his anger spills out, barely disguised, onto some innocent bystander. I'm not going to poison my own spirit and the lives of those around me, even a little, taking the next small step in the direction of becoming that kind of person, just to go along with an exaggerated and misplaced sympathy for a misbehaving member of the board, who wants to make a scene about the fact that he's been called to task for his misbehavior, by somebody who's backed up his accusations with solid evidence.

Like Hugh said, this is just a board. If the mods want to treat people fairly, and their good spirit sets a good tone for the place, maybe it can become a good board to post to, but if the rule is going to be "tread lightly around the crazy people, because they make the rules", forget it. Been there, done that, don't need another ulcer that badly and certainly not over a damned board. At every point, I'm going to do what I know is right. If that's good enough for the mods, cool, and I look forward to being a constructive presence on this board - an assertively constructive presence. If not, it's your loss and I sure as Hell am not going to work that hard to get out to spend $250, if being expected to swallow somebody else's crap is now going to be a nonnegotiable part of this vacation package. I doubt very seriously that I'll be alone in feeling this way, especially given the reality of the glaring loopiness of the discussion that lead up to this, in the first place.

Clear enough?
User avatar
Dustbuddy
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: Northern Illinois

Postby Kinetic IV » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:06 am

Not that my opinion means anything to anyone here but I see no problems with Rockdad's behavior online and in fact feel he is being singled out for attention....attention that is not deserved.

I have no problems whatsoever with the images he's posted. And I consider myself a hardcore privacy freak and even if my picture showed up in there I wouldn't be concerned.

Sheesh, this place has went to hell of late. First it was The Fire Elf and that crap. Now it's Hugh Mungus and this religion thread that won't die. Couple that with an admin (Spanky) that it takes threatning his board with potential catastrophic disaster before he acts and it's enough to make you wanna say fuck this. If the 3Playa wasn't so damn cliquish and Tribe so jacked up I'd have already jumped somewhere else. This is the lesser of the evils...but the gap diminishes by the hour. </soapbox>

(You know it's bad when you wish Isotopia was around to smack people back in line...love her or hate her the no BS approach did wonders for keeping some people in check)
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV
 
Posts: 2984
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:34 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine as of 10/27/06

Re: Dallasplayer or Hugh Mungus or Dustbuddy it is all the s

Postby Dustbuddy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:45 am

Saw this coming in and probably should ignore it, but couldn't resist. Yes, I'm feeding the trolls.



Rockdad wrote:Dustbuddy maybe it is because you started your account here on e-playa on March 9th right after I stated to Hugh that I had him on Ignore



Uh huh, and how many plonkings are there in the course of a day? By this logic, everybody is a sockpuppet.



and then without lurking around checking out any postings



Really? When did you become telepathic?

How would you know when or where I had lurked?


or getting familiar with Eplaya you start posting on Hugh's favorite threads including a moderators thread seems a bit bold for such Newbie?




What throws that calculation off is the fact that in my family, the men have testicles. I know that's not in fashion any more, but we find that this helps keep our birthrate up.

How much boldness does it take to post to a website?



And then you have a one on one debate with Hugh or do I mean you in regards to Locking/Deleting Personal Attack Based Topics?



In other words, I disagree with Hugh, therefore I am Hugh?


on your very first day!



.... aaaaand?



During your debate with your other hand (Hugh) you mention personal attacks do you mean like the one a few hours ago where you called me a liar and a nut?



No, that's not a personal attack, that's the direct undiplomatic truth and I've already shown this to be the case. Trying to have an unlimited number of go arounds on the same subject matter until you get the last word, because I'm tired of responding to you over and over again, is not going to make that inconvenient fact go away. Here is what you said the guy said, here is what he is reported as having actually said, and lo and behold, the two are so far apart that the difference is not a judgement call. Not only did you lie, but when you got called on it, you fought dirty to keep people from noticing that you had done so.

A liar is a person who lies, so by definition, you qualify. As for the rest of your BS, as a brother of mine would say, "asked and answered". It's already been rebutted and now you're just repeating yourself in a new location.


I hope a moderator looks into this





I more than hope, I insist on it. Oh, and if they should be foolish enough to lie about the results, I will be very glad to set up an account with Google and post to Usenet as myself, and then send documentation of the incident to Dr.Cliff, who I'm sure won't mind having a little extra ammunition. Yes, I do play hardball and enough is enough.

Google, unlike Yahoo, doesn't mask origination IPs, so that will settle it. I'd prefer not to go that route, as it usually gets one's ISP bombarded with calls from cranks sympathetic to the crank whose BS one is debunking, but if there is no other way of knocking the wind out of the sails of a lowlife such as yourself, so be it. I think they'll understand and approve, on general principle.



I bet they find that you are using the same IP address as Hugh Mungus better run down to the library and start posting from there maybe they will not check your original sign-up and post’s but that would not help much either since the general geographic location of any IP can be discerned.



It sure can. I'm in Northern Illinois, which is a long, long way from Reno, Nevada, where HughMungus is located, according to one of his earliest posts.


Your Bustedbuddy!
8)



In your dreams, loon.
User avatar
Dustbuddy
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: Northern Illinois

Postby Daisie » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:49 am

My Goodness! What have I gotten myself into here? :roll: :wink:
What a way to be initiated :D

Daisie
Daisie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:36 pm

Postby Dustbuddy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:23 am

Kinetic IV wrote:Not that my opinion means anything to anyone here but I see no problems with Rockdad's behavior online


which makes me even more supportive of Badger's skepticism about your cancer drama than I was before. You've just said that you have no problem with Rockdad lying about what somebody else said, in order to boost support for one of his causes.

Nobody supports a liar but another liar, especially about a matter which the evidence has taken out of the realm of rational debate. This isn't a matter of somebody asking "Matisse vs. Picasso - who's better". This is a matter of clicking on a link and acknowledging what is being said at the other end, in black and white. This is not a matter of taste or opinion, this is a matter of directly confirmable objective reality. The man lied and then kept on lying when called on it.

The only subject up in the air at this point is that of how characteristic Rockdad's pathological liar act is of the people on ePlaya. When, so far, we have a grand total of two people (me and HughMungus) who are willing to say that fraud and defamation of character are wrong, the message I'm getting is that this sleazebag represents almost all of you.

Right now, I am completely outraged, enough to start seriously thinking of doing something seriously vindictive. I'm getting screwed over for having done the right thing and that is not OK.
User avatar
Dustbuddy
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.

Postby HughMungus » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:29 am

Dustbuddy wrote:
HughMungus wrote: The problem is with Rockdad. He seems to display a classic persecution complex. No matter what he does wrong, he thinks that anyone who disagrees with him is acting against him personally not because of what he's done but because they want to persecute him.



I take it that his behavior on the 9-11 demo thread was typical for him?


For example, he thinks he should be allowed to take pictures of people without asking (and, even worse, post the images right here on ePlaya).



OK, that IS potentially dangerous. Genuine violent fanaticism is not hard to find online, and connecting a name to a face is just going to help any would-be stalker.



When told that what he's doing is wrong, he says he's being followed, harassed, etc.



Emotionally blackmailing people into supporting him? OK.


That's all I can figure out. This is just a message board, right?



True, but online or off, we express ourselves through our words, and if our words speak to an attitude that we wouldn't want people to think we held, whose fault is that? To choose to look like a troll is, itself, a form of trolling.

I don't think that you're going out on that slender of a limb when you try to get to know Rockdad from what you see of him on ePlaya. You won't know all of the nuances of the man's personality, but the basic outline of what you're seeing should be correct.


I'm not allowed to reply, sorry.
It's what you make it.
User avatar
HughMungus
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:17 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Hugh Mungus, I need some advice.

Postby Dustbuddy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:35 am

HughMungus wrote:I'm not allowed to reply, sorry.


Oh, one of those situations? Sorry, didn't mean to put you on the spot.
User avatar
Dustbuddy
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:29 pm
Location: Northern Illinois

Postby spectabillis » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:59 am

Dustbuddy wrote:... but that old saying about the enemy of your enemy being your friend is a crock...used as a form of mudslinging against the newbies whenever an argument isn't going the way one of the regulars would like...(and a long bunch of other stuff)


my comment had less to do with whatever difference you have with rockdad, the government, bad weather, parasitic infections, auto accidents... it has more to do with spreading it around so everyone else on this board has to see and deal with it.

HughMungus wrote:I'm not allowed to reply, sorry.


what?
spectabillis
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:07 am
Location: parallel cortex sensory stream interface

Postby HughMungus » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:04 pm

spectabillis wrote:
Dustbuddy wrote:... but that old saying about the enemy of your enemy being your friend is a crock...used as a form of mudslinging against the newbies whenever an argument isn't going the way one of the regulars would like...(and a long bunch of other stuff)


my comment had less to do with whatever difference you have with rockdad, the government, bad weather, parasitic infections, auto accidents... it has more to do with spreading it around so everyone else on this board has to see and deal with it.

HughMungus wrote:I'm not allowed to reply, sorry.


what?


You told me to "drop it". So I did. Rockdad has me on ignore now so it's all good.
It's what you make it.
User avatar
HughMungus
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:17 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Next

Return to Open Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests