Critical Tits photography

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby NEXUS » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:21 pm

Ok, I have to admit, I did break down and took but one shot...

NEXUS

Postby Kinetic IV » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:30 am

Holy mother of scroll bars, large sizes are nice but that's a bit much.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Critical Tits

Postby TemporaryMan » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:26 am

Hey all,
I am a man!
For my Sweetie and I, this is our second burn. Our first Critical Tits. She as a participant and I as a supporter/spectator. Like many of you I too am disappointed by the reactions of a certain percentage of men at the Critical Tits Parade. For some reason I thought, or maybe hoped, that men at Burning Man would be a little more likely to "Get It" than at other events where large groups of people meet. But no, these assholes are here too. They are everywhere. We call them "Frat Boys" or "FBs". Dammit ladies, at times like this I am ashamed to call myself a man. We saw this behavior at CT and elsewhere at BM. I tell myself that all men are not like this, but the reality is they do make up a large part of this gender. I have seen it since I was a child right up through to the 50 year old men I work with today. Frankly it is embarassing. So, on the behalf of all the men out there who do "Get It", I would like to extend an apology for the behaviour of these immature pricks.

I see The Critical Tits parade as an opportunity for women to thumb their noses collectively at these losers. The bearing of the breasts in this context has nothing to do with titilation but rather as a symbolic finger and a "Flying Fuck You" directed precicely at these losers. Remember, Solidarity gives you strength. Bear them proudly and Give Em Hell! Dont let the idiots ruin it. You can rest assured that the reason most of these assholes make such a big deal out of breasts is because they rarely get to see, touch, taste or love them for real. They would understand if they did. They would "Get It". Thats my take on all this, for what it's worth.

Try to remember, all men are not like this. Some of us are your allies.
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing"
TemporaryMan

Postby Blonde Iguana » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:00 am

Nice gigantic image. It's so detailed I feel like I could almost reach into my computer monitor, grab a gnarled, hairy teat and squirt a little of that sweet albino nectar into my morning coffee.

Seriously, though...how in god's name did you get a titty photo of Barbara Bush?
Blonde Iguana

Postby Kinetic IV » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:04 am

Now that I've cleaned my laptop's screen after reading the last comment....I have this unmistakable craving for dairy products......
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

hmmmm

Postby dj big E » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:13 pm

I rarely wear a costume while in brc I am so busy doing activities i dont ever dress up until night. MAny times in this thread i heard over and over again yahoos with no costumes sorry my costumes put up so i can build something for you etc etc. This might not go over well but maybe critical tits should be held earlier in the week when there are less yahoo's or possibly take you'r ride out of the city ie trash fence you rarely ever see a yahoo out theyre lol. I no the ladies of brc shouldn't need to alter there ct for yahoos but facts are brc has yahoos and will continue to have them.Anyways after five years i have yet to see the ct and i may never i am usually busy and after this thread i would be afraid to watch as i probly wouldn't be in a costume. :D
dj big E

Re: hmmmm

Postby Blonde Iguana » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:21 am

dj big E wrote:I rarely wear a costume while in brc I am so busy doing activities i dont ever dress up until night. MAny times in this thread i heard over and over again yahoos with no costumes sorry my costumes put up so i can build something for you etc etc. This might not go over well but maybe critical tits should be held earlier in the week when there are less yahoo's or possibly take you'r ride out of the city ie trash fence you rarely ever see a yahoo out theyre lol. I no the ladies of brc shouldn't need to alter there ct for yahoos but facts are brc has yahoos and will continue to have them.Anyways after five years i have yet to see the ct and i may never i am usually busy and after this thread i would be afraid to watch as i probly wouldn't be in a costume. :D

Rest easy, big E, the rant isn't about men that don't wear costumes, the rant is about the men wandering through the pre-Critical Tits parade, clutching cameras and looking for tits to photograph. Their t-shirts and khakis just made them stick out like sore thumbs as they wander through the glittering, colorful crowd of painted, be-costumed beautiful women. It's the lack of costume combined with the invasive camera and the dazed wandering hunt for titties that creeped us out. I'm not a costume person either.
Blonde Iguana

Postby NEXUS » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:01 am

Blonde Iguana wrote:Seriously, though...how in god's name did you get a titty photo of Barbara Bush?

You know, you may be on to something there. Let a topless Barbara Bush lead the procession and I can guarantee your Yahoo problems will be solved. :)
NEXUS

Postby Blonde Iguana » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:44 am

I posted this in another section of the Forum, but I'll post it here too, since it's OT...

Speaking of photographers at CT...the links below are a couple reasons that may deter women from riding in CT (they definitely deter me, anyway):

http://www.troutbrook.com/bmgallery16.html
Look at the bottom of page, you'll see an option to purchase prints.

http://www.coccozella.com/zPATRON/1new_gal_exhibit.htm
A website selling to the option for members to pant over their pics of probably mostly unconsenting women. Look just a little more than halfway down the page for Critical Tits. You need to pay to join and look at the pics.
Blonde Iguana

Postby Kinetic IV » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:21 am

That top link need$ BM legal'$ attention for clearcut copyright violation$. The rule$ are $imple a$ the image$ of the man and other BRC landmark$ are copyrighted $o the $ite i$ in violation of that a$pect and the link at the bottom of the page offer$ every print for $ale. It $ure pa$$e$ the initial in$pection and $niff te$t for being wrong.

Con$idering how other principle$ of the event are $lipping of late, I'm wondering if $aying anything to the LLC would get a reaction, much le$$ get the legal team'$ attention?

(Ha$ anyone $igned up for cable $o you can $ee if you made it onto the Di$covery Channel'$ LLC $anctioned $$ documentary $$? Gee, my $ key i$ $ticking! I mu$t have a case of the $ame fever the LLC ha$, all I $ee are fundrai$ing opportunitie$ at the event'$ expen$e)
K-IV
~~~~
Kinetic IV

Postby geekster » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:20 pm

Discovery channel doesn't have any plans for any burning man content. It is a MUCH SMALLER channel called Discovery Times which most people have never heard of and only broadcasts documentaries.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby ZaphodBurner » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:06 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:(Ha$ anyone $igned up for cable $o you can $ee if you made it onto the Di$covery Channel'$ LLC $anctioned $$ documentary

Naw, that's what LimeWire is for.

-c
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Da Fault World

Postby ravenluv » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:26 pm

Key Man wrote:Fortunately, the way that people behave on the playa is much more friendly and open minded than the way they behave on this forum.

indeed! is this what happens when people return to the 'real' world?

the issues raised here are precisely why the 'real' world will not allow such parades to take place. can you imagine the city fathers and mothers getting together with the city lawyers and church-going activists to discuss the possibility of having such a parade? they would immediately focus on the pervert's point of view.

in the 'real' world, the laws and rules are made to deal with the minority of people who will never be able to maturely handle whatever 'adult' activity is being regulated. as a result, the majority of adults are treated like children by their governments (and employers) and only find respite when they luck into places like BM.

as more of the 'real' world drifts into BM (and here is where BM publicity may be harming the event), there is pressure for BM to become more like the 'real' world. BM rules may be made which deal with the minority that act up, but those rule may also reduce the freedom enjoyed by the majority that doesn't.

it's a damn shame about the yahoo's finding out about this event. it's an even bigger shame that women's breasts are commodities in the real world that are used to sell products and put money into the hands of strip club owners.

it's been said that the CT parade is, in part, about empowerment. if so, then it should be remembered that the civil rights marches were also about empowerment. what a shame it would have been if the yahoo's had chased the participants away.

as a man, i'd be encouraged if women wanted to see my nakedness (after all, i've also been taught to be ashamed of it). but i'd be horrified if they made fun of it. yet, if i did not allow those derisions to dissaude me from asserting my right to be naked, wouldn't that mean that i was truly strong in my convictions, and thus empowered?

for the record, i'm pretty sensitive and would probably run and hide if women made fun of my nakedness. on the other hand, i'd feel one hell of a lot better if i were surrounded by other naked men who said 'don't let them get to you'. i'd be even more encouraged if i saw that it was a minority of yahoo's doing the deriding. and i'd be immensely proud of myself if i could do what i feel i should be able to do IN SPITE of those yahoos.

i'm not excusing the yahoos. but whether i like it or not, they exist and they are worming their way into the event. i just hope we figure out ways to deal with it that do not mimic the ways we deal with yahoos in the real world - ways which lead to endless rule making, punishments, litigation, retaliation and so on.

i want to ride my bicycle....i want to ride it where i like....
ravenluv

Re: Da Fault World

Postby ZaphodBurner » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:46 pm

ravenluv wrote:it's a damn shame about the yahoo's finding out about this event. it's an even bigger shame that women's breasts are commodities in the real world that are used to sell products and put money into the hands of strip club owners.

To be fair, women's breasts in those cases are commodities used to put money into the hands of their female owners as well.

There are/were clubs here in Portland owned, operated and managed by women including the dancers. The best and burniest ultimately became a live music club until the neighbors bitched, and now it's a pawn shop where poverty is a commodity used to sell products and put money into the hands of pawn brokers...

-c
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Chicks topless in a parade!? Dude, I'm there next year!

Postby Mr.? » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:09 pm

I was there this year for CT, and I took a short recording of the parade. I didn’t think twice about what everyone thought of me filming because I had no ill intentions. I figured all participants were will to be on public display, and with the legal disclaimer about selling videos your anonymity is pretty safe from public scrutiny. However, at any large event you will get some bad apples so why not use the water soakers like Dallas suggested?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
Mr.?

Re: Chicks topless in a parade!? Dude, I'm there next year!

Postby ZaphodBurner » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:30 am

Mr.? wrote: However, at any large event you will get some bad apples so why not use the water soakers like Dallas suggested?

Because if some overzealous type hoses down somebody's legitimately-registered $2,000 camera while that person is simply trying to get video of his wife or campmates, there's going to be problems.

Drive-by shootings aren't really ideal solutions to problems.

-c
ZaphodBurner

Re: Critical Mass

Postby sissylala29 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:07 am

scarlet_minnow wrote:I certainly understand the power of releasing body image shame, but maybe if we forgo the bare breasts one year, it would encourage those girls who won't do it now out of fear of photos to join us? .

This was my 3rd Burn and CT was one of the first things I saw my 1st year. I think we'd been out and about on the Playa for about an hour when we crossed paths with CT. I thought it was great. I couldn't wait to do it, but it took me til this year to get up the nerve to finally get 'm painted up and on display.
Being a relatively new burner, I am not 100% sure what the exact purpose of CT is aside from empowerment and freedom from shame, but that doesn't necessarily mean the same thing to everyone. To me, it is the freedom to put them on display. To show my body w/ pride and see the appreciation, whatever form it might take, within reason. (No touching, and no snapping up close w/out asking, and for GAWDS sake, no comments like, 'Damn, bet them was some nice jugs afore that ol' Bitch Mother Nature got ahold of 'm. How many kids did you say you sired on them thar titties?")
I expect to be looked at, ogled, yelled at and, yes, photographed. IMHO, that is part of my empowerment, to realize that MEN LOVE BOOBS, TITS, BODACIOUS TATA'S, JUGS, BREASTESEZ etc etc and will continue to do so til the end of time.
Whatever form their appreciation takes, so be it.
Men are men. And the always will be....Gotta luv 'm flaws and all, or they'd drive me batshit!
The friend that I rode with is newly married to an 'evolved' man....that is to say, he is a leg and ass man, not a tit man....so he just doesn't show much interest in her boobs....before they started dating, she considered herself a lesbian with bi tendancies.....I only mention that to explain her astonishment at just how infatuated with boobs men are. She was just amazed at the number of men lined up to watch. She just didn't understand why CT was such a draw for the men....she kept saying, "They're just BOOBS!"...she's so naive!
I know this is not going to be the popular opinion, and I realize that some men do need to reign in their enthusiasm and try to get away from the neandrathal, 'show me your tits' stuff, but personally, I appreciate how much they love boobs. Whatever the reason, whether nature or nurture, it's a fact that won't change.
Yes, some men are less boob men than others while other men just manage to hide their 'show me your tits' side a little better than others, we should be glad they love whatever parts of our bodies like they do. Even if they don't use the words we'd like to hear, beautiful, empowered, Goddess, that is what they mean.
After all, the direct translation of 'show me your tits' is "My, madam, what beautiful, breasts you have, they must give you empowerment and make you feel like a Goddess' lol
So, as a woman, who will continue to ride in CT as long as I enjoy it, I say get used to it. Men are men, they are there to see boobs, hopefully, they'll show some form of decorum, if not, they're having fun in the desert and it might be the last bit of boob many of them will see in awhile, so have pity on them and show 'm whatcha got. Be proud and feel the empowerment of NOT being ashamed of how men love our boobs.
The first year I saw CT, a women rode by saying, "Respect women on our planet" and while I fully agree that we do deserve respect, I don't think that CT is the right forum....men won't be enlightened by boobs, boobs and more boobs....they'll just be distracted.
sissylala29

Postby sissylala29 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:24 am

scarlet_minnow wrote:<So are you advocating "playa justice" right off the bat by squirting cameras with water guns? So what if that camera cost $2K with lenses and all, you have no problem ruining it just to get a point across?>

While I agree with you that playa justice should not be the first option (and, mind you, I did offer the t-shirt idea as well), I still think that by taking photos without consent, the photog is in the wrong. Period, end of story. If someone like that had their 2k camara ruined, I wouldn't weep into my pillow. And it isn't "just to get a point across"- it is to protect my privacy. Don't kid yourself, that 2K lens is probably there to capture professional shots that can later be sold. It's a violation, people. I'm not a violent person and I wouldn't normally injure a person on purpose.

And what about the guy that is taking a picture of his wife/gf/better half and he APPEARS to be aiming at someone with a supersoaker? Whether it's a $10.00 disposable camera or a $2000.00 professional, it's still their personal property and still cameras ARE allowed on the playa...Face it, it's an unsolvable problem. Men will yell, snap away and oggle. You have to decide which is more important, taking part in CT, or not being photographed.
Not to mention that you can be photographed ANYWHERE on the Playa, should the Supersoakers extend to the streets of BRC?

scarlet_minnow wrote:<But, say, a guy was trying to rape me. Would I feel bad about poking his eye out or crushing one of his testicles? No. Likewise, if you are trying to violate me by taking naked photos of me without permission and your camara gets ruined in the process, that's too damn bad for you.

I think that is an extreme comparison.....being raped and being photographed against your will are WORLDS apart. Yes, they may both be a violation in some ppls eyes, but still not even in the same solar system in my view.

scarlet_minnow wrote:<So why do you not apply that rule to the person snapping pictures? They are messing with my experience- not only ON the playa, but OFF it as well.

If I tried to make a rule everytime my experience was lessened because of someone else, I'd have carpal tunnel from writing all the rules and complaints.....your experience is what you make it. If you let something that is out of your control ruin it, then the 'enemy' wins. (I use 'enemy' loosely, they are not the enemy to me personally)

scarlet_minnow wrote:<You got a better solution? Let's hear it! I'd rather not go vigilante-stylee if the same results can be achieved in another way.

IMHO, there is no solution. Grin and BARE it, ride in CT and make the experience all it can be, or don't ride in CT and loose the enjoyment you can get from it if you can just ignore those spectators that bother you.
As long as any type of camera is allowed at BM, then pictures will be used for reasons other than personal use. No changing that.
sissylala29

Postby can't sit still » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:19 am

Sisylala, I LIKE the way you think. You could give Dallas Playa the benefit of your observations and feelings. He's posting on "frat boys go home" He has certain beliefs and feelings that aren't well accepted by a few others.
He could use some of your insight as balance.

I have one tiny, teeny observation. Many of the women in CT love the attention. Some feel validated when they're referred to as "goddesses".
That's all very nice BUT, I've never heard men referred to as "gods"

"Men are men. And the always will be....Gotta luv 'm flaws and all"

This is how we're normally referred to. Many women concentrate on our flaws and shortcomings. RESPECT CUTS BOTH WAYS.

Men want to be respected for their abilities to "press on regardless" and support their families. Think of all the men who went off to work in the coal mines, knowing that they would die at 40. They did this with a minimum of complaint. Think of all the soldiers that went to the border to save their homeland,,,,knowing that many would die.

Too many women nag endlessly about men's faults without giving us credit for the things that we do right. We're nothing but a paycheck to many women.
Women will find that respect is a lot more forthcoming when they give respect where it is due.
I never want to be referred to as a "god" Just give me some credit for working hard and holding things together.
Dan
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.
can't sit still

Postby muley » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:02 pm

If you dont want people to look or take a picture of your art dont bring any
if you dont want people to look or take a picture of your art car dont bring one
if you dont want people to look or take a picture of your costume dont wear one
If you dont want guys to look or take pictures at your TITS put on a shirt and keep it on !
muley

Postby sissylala29 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:59 pm

can't sit still wrote:Sisylala, I LIKE the way you think. You could give Dallas Playa the benefit of your observations and feelings. He's posting on "frat boys go home" He has certain beliefs and feelings that aren't well accepted by a few others.
He could use some of your insight as balance.

I have one tiny, teeny observation. Many of the women in CT love the attention. Some feel validated when they're referred to as "goddesses".
That's all very nice BUT, I've never heard men referred to as "gods"

"Men are men. And the always will be....Gotta luv 'm flaws and all"

This is how we're normally referred to. Many women concentrate on our flaws and shortcomings. RESPECT CUTS BOTH WAYS.

Men want to be respected for their abilities to "press on regardless" and support their families. Think of all the men who went off to work in the coal mines, knowing that they would die at 40. They did this with a minimum of complaint. Think of all the soldiers that went to the border to save their homeland,,,,knowing that many would die.

Too many women nag endlessly about men's faults without giving us credit for the things that we do right. We're nothing but a paycheck to many women.
Women will find that respect is a lot more forthcoming when they give respect where it is due.
I never want to be referred to as a "god" Just give me some credit for working hard and holding things together.
Dan

Thanks CSS, as I was posting I thought, 'Now where did I leave my fire resistant leisure suit, my body armor and my hate mail retardant....I'm gonna get my ass burned for this'....but, happy to say, so far I haven't gotten the negative reaction I expected.
I got one PM that was a ^5 and, so far, not a single 'Your membership in the sisterhood of empowered women has been revoked, please return your badge and handbook on your way out. Oh, and btw, those pants DO make your butt look big bitch.' lol
I have often found myself saying to a man, 'Has anyone ever mentioned that you have the profile of a God....I'll just call you Zeus? And btw, can I get you anything? A beer, the remote? Would you prefer a nice hummer after which I whip up a lil something n the kitchen? and while dinner cooks, I'll be slipping into my jammies and having a pillow fight w/ my girlfriends. Wanna watch?" OK, OK, maybe I haven't said it often....and yes, an alternative motive was involved, but still......
Anyhoo, ya just can't trust a woman who calls you a God, so be glad you haven't heard it before, it usually ends w/ someones cajones in a vice, or at the very least, some poor man sitting for hours outside of a dressing room holding his SO's purse.
As far as my 'flaws and all' statement, I realize it works both ways and didn't mean it to sound totally negative, it was said tongue in cheek, (or tongue where ever you'd like it Zeus :D )
And I'm sure that some of those men went to work in the coal mines knowing that it would 'cause an early death, it was their only way out of hearing, ''If I have to clean up one more speck of coal dust, I'll scream...and will you PLEASE stop coughing up a lung long enough to listen to me? You never listen to me when I talk.....now stop that damned hacking, take the garbage out and grab my purse, we are going to the 5 and Dime so I can get a new girdle'
Ok, not I'm just babbling, but know that I do give credit where it is due and while men make me nuts at times, I wouldn't give 'm up....Men, ya can't live w/ 'm and ya just can't shoot 'm' lol (again, tongue in cheek, I know women do our part to make ya'll crazy too...it's give and take)
sissylala29

Postby Isotopia » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:32 pm

If you dont want people to look or take a picture of your art dont bring any
if you dont want people to look or take a picture of your art car dont bring one
if you dont want people to look or take a picture of your costume dont wear one
If you dont want guys to look or take pictures at your TITS put on a shirt and keep it on !

Another rhetorical titan I see. Same displaced argument as 'America, Love it or Leave It.'

<snore>
Isotopia

Postby can't sit still » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:03 pm

" Oh, and btw, those pants DO make your butt look big bitch

Edit; my gigabytes turned to gagabytes and I had to pull the plug.
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.
can't sit still

Postby can't sit still » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:25 pm

" Oh, and btw, those pants DO make your butt look big bitch.' lol "

Sissylala, it always strikes us guys as funny the things women do to attack each other.
These things are changing though, I spent 14 years trying to be a surrogate dad to 4 little girls [now big] As soon as they were out of diapers, I took them to every river, canyon, lake , forest, sand dune, hot spring etc. They can all ride a motorcycle, shoot a rifle,start a fire and generally take care of themselves anywhere.

I didn't allow any slacking off. They now find it easy to move into their masculine side whenever it's called for. They also have 5 brothers.
I was watching 14 yo. Brittany at a game. I didn't know that teenagers consider girls basketball a "blood sport"

The 12 yo. enjoys beating up teenage guys who get smart with her. She won't pick on anyone unless they're at least 50% bigger than her.
There seems to be a lot of girls out there who respond to an emotional attack with a physical counter attack.
It really changes the dynamics when a girl is willing to go toe to toe when a guy[or girl] is being shitty with her.
I understand that there were fights in the Thunderdome that entailed some petite girl beating the tar out of a much bigger guy.

I'm glad to see that more women have learned to switch over to their masculine side as needed. They're less fragile and more logical. It makes interpersonal relationships stronger because of better understanding.
I saw a lot of cat fights when I was in Scotland. dunno?
The times they are a changin !!
Dan
can't sit still

Postby sissylala29 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:13 am

can't sit still wrote:" Oh, and btw, those pants DO make your butt look big bitch.' lol "

Sissylala, it always strikes us guys as funny the things women do to attack each other.
These things are changing though, I spent 14 years trying to be a surrogate dad to 4 little girls [now big] As soon as they were out of diapers, I took them to every river, canyon, lake , forest, sand dune, hot spring etc. They can all ride a motorcycle, shoot a rifle,start a fire and generally take care of themselves anywhere.

I didn't allow any slacking off. They now find it easy to move into their masculine side whenever it's called for. They also have 5 brothers.
I was watching 14 yo. Brittany at a game. I didn't know that teenagers consider girls basketball a "blood sport"

The 12 yo. enjoys beating up teenage guys who get smart with her. She won't pick on anyone unless they're at least 50% bigger than her.
There seems to be a lot of girls out there who respond to an emotional attack with a physical counter attack.
It really changes the dynamics when a girl is willing to go toe to toe when a guy[or girl] is being shitty with her.
I understand that there were fights in the Thunderdome that entailed some petite girl beating the tar out of a much bigger guy.

I'm glad to see that more women have learned to switch over to their masculine side as needed. They're less fragile and more logical. It makes interpersonal relationships stronger because of better understanding.
I saw a lot of cat fights when I was in Scotland. dunno?
The times they are a changin !!
Dan

Women can be catty and mean spirited, that is for damn sure!
I am lucky enough to have a few close friends that I've known for eons and none of them have a mean spirited bone in their body...yeah, we can all be catty at times, but it's mostly in fun and never meant to hurt anyones feelings. We are cattier to each other than anyone else....no harm, no foul.....but I know that is not always the case.
Kudos for raising the girls to be self reliant. My dad was the same way ....but I hate to admit that I'm not 100% sure I could change a tire if I had to. Guess I got soft in my old age....I
'm sure I could still ride a motorcycle although I'd probably go a bit slower than I used to. In my younger days, I only had two speeds, balls out and holy shit, I didn't know this thing could go that fast!
I can still shoot a gun, just maybe without as much accuracy as when I used to go to the range a few times a year.
And I know damn good and well I can still start a fire.....starter fluid and a Bic are camping MUSTS for me. (j/k I can't start a fire with a magnifying glass or with two sticks, but I try to avoid using an accelerant. Unless, of course, it's needed to make sure the evidence is completely destroyed lol)
But I've gotta ask, did you raise the boys to be equally self reliant? Can they find their way around the kitchen as easily as the garage?
If they lost a button on their shirt right before an important meeting, could they fix it? Or would they have to change their shirt or make a quick stop at the mall on the way?
When they do laundry, do they have a system? Or do they just shove as many towels, shirts, pants, shop towels and mismatched socks in as the washer will possibly hold, put it on hot to get everything super duper clean and throw away anything that stains, fades or shrinks?
Were they taught to 'cowboy up and take it like a man'??
Just curious.
I'm a little confused.....you said the 12yr old responds physically to someone getting smart with her and that she won't pick on anyone who isn't at least 50% bigger than her. Did you mean if a teenage guy gets smart w/ her and he's smaller than her, she lets it go?.....or were the two comments not really related? If she's picking on ppl, even if they are bigger than her, that would still make her a bully!
I'm sure that I'm taking this all to seriously (it's a girl thing lol), but I think a physical reaction should be the last resort. But, take into consideration that my battle cry is 'Not in the face, NOT in the face', it's to be expected lol.
I've never been to thunderdome...it doesn't appeal to me. But to each his/her own.
I don't take any shit from anybody, male or female, but I also know my limitations. I learned a hard lesson about just how tough I'm NOT when I was in high school and told a guy who was pretty scrawny, "Go ahead, hit me, show everyone here what a big man you are".....
There are exceptions to every rule, but the majority of the time, a man is going to come out on top if things get physical.....I wore my shiner w/ pride because I didn't back down from his bullying, but what did I accomplish? I got my ass kicked and I'd be willing to bet that he is still as big an asshole now as he was then.
I don't consider myself a fragile woman, but, trust me on this, that doesn't make me any more logical....Just ask my ex, he says that my brain has a short circuit somewhere between logic mode and 'OMG, boy is he gonna pay for that, I'm gonna have to go off the deep end into hyper naggy bitchy' mode lol.
I know we have strayed way, way, WAY off topic and that I'm probably sounding wishy washy....50% empowered and 50% girly girl w/ no backbone. Maybe he's right about that short circuit??
Gawd, I babble as much online as I do in person....I think I'm on my own nerves at this point....to post? or not to post? I'm too tired to re-read thru my ramblings to see if it makes sense so here's hopin'........
sissylala29

Postby can't sit still » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:10 am

I love tits. I love photography. I try not to be too critical.
There, we're back on topic. As I was saying I've found little girls a lot more rewarding to work with than little boys.
Boys don't listen and I had situations that we're close to death.

Dusty took off just before dark to explore a 3,000 sq. mi. dune area without telling anyone. He was inexperienced and he crashed. He got scared and started running. He has zero sense of direction.

Boys consider themselves indestructable.
This sort of thing happened a few times so I cut way back on my interaction with the boys. The girls tend to be a lot more concious of their limitations.
My friends Sharon and Craig have 10 kids. As soon as the kids were out of diapers, they were turned over to the nanny and the cubic babysitter[TV] I thought this was criminal so I took the kids everywhere in creation.
I didn't make any attempt to teach the boys any domestic stuff.

Breejette, the 12 yo. won't fight with girls or with boys her own size. She ignores them. But she [like you] won't take any shit. I don't consider her a bully because she only gives back what others give to her. It's pretty hysterical to see her laughing while her older brother is sitting on top of her choking her. If you haven't been around a BIG family, you could never understand the dynamic. It's great preparation for the slings and arrows of the world.
I was temporarily married to a jealous Colombian. She went ballistic about the girls and I had to choose between them. I chose my wife and lost the girls. :cry:
can't sit still

Postby lurker » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:15 am

Isotopia, it's a valid point though. If you don't want attention paid to you, don't do things specifically designed to get attention.

Art, Art Cars, and Costumes are all things to be looked at--yes, you can do all three without wanting to be looked at--but you can't do that when you're putting any of them on display.

Tits work the same way. Paint 'em up, stick 'em out and start pedaling and you can whine all you like about how you don't want anyone looking or taking pictures, but if you REALLY felt that way you've kept your painted tits inside your tent.

All of this complaining after the fact is a way to call men pigs while taunting him with his own instinctive reactions. Not one of those men is being a pig by looking at what's being shown.

Not one person, yahoo or not, is doing anything wrong in looking at what's being displayed.

Every single woman complaining about them IS being disingenuous and wrong-headed because no one MADE them ride in CT. They did it voluntarily.

So it's not a displaced argument, if they didn't want to be looked at, they didn't have to be looked at. All they had to do is not participate.
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"
lurker

Postby Lady V » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:01 pm

Dear God.

A woman is not a car.
Lady V

Postby Zulegoona » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:28 pm

You may not consider a painted woman to be art, but when taking part in what I think many would consider a piece of performance art in the free form style of the 60s “ Happening “ she is part of an art piece, one that is ephemeral and one that can not be experienced completely from one vantage point , so a photographic record offers a more full experience.

That said I was accidentally out at the man this year at the beginning of the ride and found myself more interested in the bikes, costumes, and the full spectrum of women, and families participating than I did in seeing boobies . If a guy was out to see tits there is a lot better times and places to spend time admiring them than CT.
Zulegoona

Postby lurker » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:23 am

Dear God.

A woman is not a car.

That explains what happened when I tried to put the anti-freeze in, at any rate.

Who'd've thought?

I guess that means that cars aren't women either? Oh well, at least I'll have more room in the bed.
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"
lurker

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences at Burning Man