East Coast Burners / Trucks

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

East Coast Burners / Trucks

Postby DokktorWho222 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Hey just looking to connect with some east coast burners who road trip it to the Burn every year. I'd like to hook up with a camp that hauls out or drives out from the NE part of the country. I know about Videogasm, but are there any others? Every year i've gone to a Burn i've driven (flying seems like cheating in some weird way to me) and i do alot of driving for work anyway. Maybe another camp out there is interested in doing the truck thing in 2014? Any tips in the right direction are appreciated. Thanks!
"The Lord is my shepherd...I shall not want for nothing. He makes me lie down in the green pastures. He greases up my head with oil. He gives me kung-fu in the face of my enemies. Amen."
-Tom Cullen - The Stand
DokktorWho222

Re: East Coast Burners / Trucks

Postby Zorch » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:23 am

The wife and I are thinking of making the trek out to BRC from Columbus Ohio this year. I would be awesome if we could find a truck headed in the same direction!
Zorch

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: The Bomb Bay Tea Co.
8pod

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:40 am

check with your regional representative, i know NYC sends out shared containers as does boston...you buy space according to your needs.
fuck you, it's magic

more panky, less hanky

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Divreon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:54 am

Virgin Burner leaving from Buffalo NY, not sure about transportation yet.
"Time is relative, and I'm not related to it."

Birgin Camp 2014 is underway https://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?f=364&t=67595&start=68
Divreon

Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Birgin Camp 2014

Postby havoc » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:00 am

i know there's a DC container truck (perhaps there were two this year?).

there are also usually a few crews going out of the chicago/detroit area that will take a few bins or a bike, but that's not exactly east coast. :)
havoc

Postby trilobyte » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:58 am

Make sure you're connected with not only your local regional group, but any neighboring regional groups that you feel might be "within range" - that way you'll hear about things like a campout or regional burn that you might feel like driving to, or get word about people planning containers and trucks to and from the playa.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Supafly_fresh » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:37 pm

I've done the drive out from NYC a couple times now & have the kinks sorted out.

Anybody interested in collaborating on a North East transport, or especially if you're considering this form of travel for the first time, get in touch with me privately.

While a previous poster is correct that both NYC and Boston have established, bulk equipment & supply transports, this is not a feasible option for residents of Pittsburgh or Buffalo as those cities are 400 miles away.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.
Supafly_fresh

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: No Pictures, Please.

Postby Spotofdirt » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi all. I'm really glad I found this post. I currently live in San Diego and have been going to BRC since 2007. Turns out they are shutting down my office in March and I'll be moving to Portland, Maine. As you can probably imagine, my biggest stressor out of this big move is thinking about how far away I will now be from BRC. I couldn't imagine missing a burn but don't make a huge salary. Without a new job set, I'm worried about all the logistics and money it will now cost to go to BRC. I have tried researching and did find a few groups that do the container shipping so I will be reaching out to them. I normally bring a teepee for my camp so I don't know how im possibly going to ship the 25ft poles in a container. If there is anyone out there that can give me hints on how to make this happen on a budget....or just to ease my mind with their experiences. I would really appreciate it! kristoforc@gmail.com.
Spotofdirt

Burning Since: 2007

Return to 2014 Share Resources