Fundraiser: PB&J Cart

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.

Fundraiser: PB&J Cart

Postby coolia » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:39 pm

The PB&J Cart is gearing up to gift PB&J across the playa. We need your help to stock the cart. Last year, we served over 2500 hungry burners and we hope to serve more this year - and if we can exceed our goal, we'll add nutella, bananas, almond butter and other tasty treats to the mix!

Please check out our PB&J Cart Kickstarter to see a video of the highlights of the cart's travels last year and check out the cool rewards you can get for supporting us such as PB&J bandanas, lunch sacks, spatulas, and PB&J parties at your camp.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bil ... g-man-2013

Please share - spread the word, spread the love, spread the peanut butter!
coolia

Re: Fundraiser: PB&J Cart

Postby coolia » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:32 pm

24 hours to go in the PB&J Cart Kickstarter. Thank you to all who have supported us so far! We got our bandanas in the mail yesterday and they are really stylin'. Check out photos and all the details here.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bil ... g-man-2013

We've got a new update video that tells some of the tales of the cart's travels last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Oa9EeB ... e=youtu.be

See ya soon in the dust!

Wisky
coolia

Postby maryanimal » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:39 am

This cart was great! I hope it's coming back next year!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby coolia » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:57 am

Thank you! We think we served about 3000 burners. Not sure yet about next year's plans, but we will be gifting PB&J at LA Decom this weekend.

Cheers,
Wisky
coolia

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:16 pm

I made a PB&J at your cart back in 2012. I was a little concerned because it didn't looked officially manned but several burners were going at it and I was encouraged to as well. I remember admiring how well-built the cart was, with a place for everything. Thank you!
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby coolia » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:49 pm

Glad you liked the cart! One of our campmates is always on duty when the cart is open, at least within eye range of it. Maybe he or she took a potty break. We have the Nevada Health Dept seal of approval :D
coolia

Postby maryanimal » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Was it difficult to get a permit since it wasn't cooked food? I'm wondering about grilled cheese sammies...
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby coolia » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Not difficult for us. They mainly wanted to make sure we had gloves available for the sandwich makers and they pointed out that a couple of the jellies we had should be refrigerated after they were opened, and they wanted us to wash the utensils with bleach if we reused them. You apply for the permit at center camp and then the inspector comes around to check on your operation.
coolia

Postby trilobyte » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:08 pm

To clarify... you apply for the permit by getting the form from the Nevada Health department web site and sending it in (along with payment) beforehand, you pick the permit up at Playa Info (adjacent to Center Camp). The inspector comes along to your camp at some point during the week The process wasn't difficult for us either (this was our third year of getting permitted).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby maryanimal » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:40 pm

thanks for the info Trilo! I'll look into it.
maryanimal

Return to 2013 Support A Project