navigating the e playa

Use this space for bug reports or to discuss site functionality and statistics.

navigating the e playa

Postby Serin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:41 pm

I would like to post a few different things on the eplaya. Like an invite to my own BM related event.
I am not winning . there is NO regional contact that I can find. I live in Berkeley , that is 30 mins at best east of SF. Is there a thread or what ever you want to call it where I can post my invite.
Serin

Re: navigating the e playa

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Welcome to eplaya, Serin.

You're looking for the Regionals and Events subforum.

Please be sure to read the sticky at the top with instructions from our lovely moderators. Specifically, this bit:

Events such as dance parties, favorite bands/DJ's, commercial festivals and campouts may not be listed.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby marcgorcey » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:25 pm

You ARE winning after all :)
marcgorcey

Postby trilobyte » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:47 pm

As BoyScoutGirl mentioned, you'd use the cleverly named Regionals & Events board, which is tucked into the Year Round Connections category.

Please read this post before posting any events. If your event is not an official Burning Man regional event, check with a moderator prior to posting.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Serin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:13 pm

well thanks. would my post be listed at the top of that list? at least long enough for some one to see it? And is there any other way to invite folks such as a regional contact in the Berkeley area? And one more question; would they respond to me here or thru my email?
Serin

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:38 pm

There is an East Bay regional group.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:34 am

Since it sounds like you're not organizing a Burning Man regional group event, your event would not be listed at all without approval. If it were to be approved, it would appear just as any other thread in that group (same way the whole board works). Posting on ePlaya is just that, it's posting on a message board. It does not guarantee that certain individuals (or anyone) receive an invite. If you want to invite a specific individual, you need to contact that person directly. Unleash your inner radically self reliant rockstar and read the post I'd linked, and check out the regional network linked in my signature (as well as previous posts). There you'll find information, instructions, and contact info. Good luck!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to Site Function