Dont have a camp? Join us!!!

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Re: Dont have a camp? Join us!!!

Postby GreyCoyote » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:09 am

Sounds like an awesome experience was had by all. This is what "doing it right" looks like. :mrgreen:
"Give me an underground laboratory, a half a dozen atom smashers, and a beautiful girl in a diaphanous veil waiting to be turned into a chimpanzee, and I care NOT who writes this nations laws"!
GreyCoyote

Burning Since: 2000

Postby newbiehippie » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:57 am

A huge shout out to everyone who made this the best camp of 2013...especially for Solar, Shazam, Cyanide, Time Warp, and the whole Long Beach crew, the Wyoming Crew, and everyone who joined us over the week. Big thanks to Key, Baloo, Kermit, Airbender, Simba...everybody!

As for all the veterans who posted and gave advice, come on by next year and join us for a :coffee: and a hug! Can't wait to see all y'all next year!
--Dave

ps...Baloo, can you post a link for the FB group? Can't find it through searching alone.
newbiehippie

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Khimaera » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Amen !

I can only confirm what Baloo said... a very organic camp where I felt at ease... I could not expect better for a first Burning Man !
No dues, no drama, no pressure... different people, different countries, different backgrounds, different stories, different wishes, different habits, but only one camp !
The perfect camp to feel free, comfy, and accompanied at the same time...

Thank you all !

Olivier - Humble Bee :)
Khimaera

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Hotel Rug

Postby Savannah » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Hurray for Hotel Rug Camp!! :mrgreen:
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Postby leismanpo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:40 pm

The new FB group is at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/camphotelrug
I sent out 20 e-mail invites but I know we are missing half the contact info. If anyone has contact info for the London girls, Tal or Aviv (sp?) from Israel, the couple whose tent I deflated on them one night, Carl, the German guys, Fran from Scotland, or anyone else I might have missed in the pre-exodus confusion please send them back home. :coffee: :mrgreen:
- Baloo
leismanpo

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hotel Rug

Postby panxil » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:36 am

The synergy was gorgeous. This was my sixth burn and by far the most exciting camp dynamic I have experienced. We collectively and enthusiastically rejected the 'itaintwhatitseems' model of inevitable power struggle and had a fucking awesome time.

Favorite memory: Coming back to the camp on burn night to see if anyone was around, only to find the majority of the camp gathered inside the experimental monkey hut having a blast together. It felt like coming home to family. Best burn night evar.
panxil

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: castra indeterminatum

Postby mudpuppy000 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:57 pm

Awesome, I'm really glad it worked out. :D
mudpuppy000

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin

Postby GreyCoyote » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Just sitting here going "yeah... Thats the way we used to Burn righteously!". Well done guys! May next year be even better!
"Give me an underground laboratory, a half a dozen atom smashers, and a beautiful girl in a diaphanous veil waiting to be turned into a chimpanzee, and I care NOT who writes this nations laws"!
GreyCoyote

Postby dankjockey » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:48 am

My one regret from last burn is not finding you guys. This year maybe we should try and get a theme camp with a pre staked plot. We have till april to figure it out.

Ticket info just got released.
dankjockey

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp Copious

Previous

Return to 2013 Theme Camps