Propane Powered Espresso Machine

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Propane Powered Espresso Machine

Postby bm_cricket » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:50 pm

!!!! Oh good god I want to go back home.... I ....I .... Want coffee!

Okay, Really, I can relax... But what I am trying to do is improve our camp's coffee situation. I'm part of a camp that brings espresso to the playa. Well, we bring the absolute maximum that our Gaggia espresso machine can handle. And we have beautiful naked baristas giving it to the masses. What I ..dream of.. The stuff I'm allowed to discuss in polite company, is a bigger espresso machine. Do any of you have access to a commercial espresso machine that runs on propane/natural gas? They are less common than the 220V variety but they do exist and they are out there... And they are weird so sometimes they are actually less valuable than the 220V variety. In 2013 we gave out 200+ shots and I really want to triple that number for 2014. :-)
)'(
bm_cricket

Burning Since: 2008

Re: Propane Powered Espresso Machine

Postby EspressoDude » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:12 pm

good luck finding a functional gas fired machine... they are out there.

Espresso Camp: 2 group La Pavoni manual machine(electric) 2254 shots served Sunday thru Saturday. naked coffee, not baristas; but lots of wonderful hugs

4:20 / A
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby bm_cricket » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:17 pm

EspressoDude wrote:good luck finding a functional gas fired machine... they are out there.

Espresso Camp: 2 group La Pavoni manual machine(electric) 2254 shots served Sunday thru Saturday. naked coffee, not baristas; but lots of wonderful hugs

4:20 / A

You... You.... YOU!!!! Okay, We were back around F this year. I was really happy being a little out of the way. I've spent enough time up there that being in the boonies is a welcome change.

Do you mean you have a 2 group La Pavoni? Nice. I'm actually trying to track down a new boiler for my little La Pavoni Europiccola. The boiler had a flaw in the brass and has slowly been eating through from the inside out. It finally started weeping through the brass. But the rest of it is beautiful! I'm trying to simply find a replacement boiler to combine with the rest of my machine (which is filled with beautiful good parts.

Btw, where did you come across your 2 group La Pavoni machine? Maybe if we had that kind of luck we could improve our espresso gifts that way?!
)'(
bm_cricket

Postby EspressoDude » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:24 pm

found on ebay, bought for parts, $125, but it all worked, and has for 9 years. every day 24/7
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby bm_cricket » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:26 pm

OH GOD THAT IS AMAZING!.... Help me find one! Ooohhoh!!!
)'(
bm_cricket

Return to Shelter & Camping