Monday Sept. 2 free entry?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Monday Sept. 2 free entry?

Postby bnj775 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:01 pm

My friend is stranded at BM with no ride home. I told him i would come pick him up. Is it possible to drive into BM without a ticket on monday morning? Or would i have to meet him at the gates?
bnj775

Burning Since: 2008

Re: Monday Sept. 2 free entry?

Postby Canoe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:24 pm

If it is still before Exodus is over, they're not stranded.

If he needs a ride out of BRC, there are ~60,000 people leaving (others start leaving as of Saturday), many of which can give him a ride. If he's smart enough to ask someone there, he'll be sent to Playa Info where he can look for a ride back to Fernley, Reno or even further afar. This happens all the time.

No one is allowed within the Closure zone without a valid ticket. Monday is the huge Exodus leaving. The Closure Order is still very much in effect. They do not want MORE traffic.
Everyone without permission to be within the Closure zone past the last day of the event, Monday, is not allowed to be there.

To be clear: you are not allowed into BRC, you are not allowed to go to Gate, you are not even allowed to be on the playa road to Gate, and law enforcement will not allow you to be where the playa road exits the playa onto the road. There will be 1,000 vehicles per hour leaving the playa onto that road. Stay away.

I'm going to go check the dates on the Closure Order.
Last edited by Canoe on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odd. No bears to watch in the dump. Oh well, lets go across the road & pick blueberries.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:31 pm

BLM, Winnemucca, Nev. – The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Winnemucca District Office announced in the Federal Register on July 25 a temporary closure and temporary restrictions of certain activities on public lands immediately surrounding the site of the 2013 Burning Man event. The temporary closure and temporary restrictions are to provide for public safety and to protect public resources, and will be in effect from Aug. 12 through Sept. 16.
Last edited by Canoe on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odd. No bears to watch in the dump. Oh well, lets go across the road & pick blueberries.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:32 pm

If you're in communication with him, tell him to get his ass over to Playa Info at Center Camp and find out how to arrange a ride home. Tell him to try a little self reliance (even if it's just to get a ride from someone else).
Canoe

Postby bnj775 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:49 pm

Haha ok i guess i completely worded it wrong, i WANTED to get him. I Didnt get to go this year and wanted a reason just to drive out and see it! But thanks so much for the info, I'm glad I didnt waste my time.
bnj775

Burning Since: 2008

Postby Canoe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:53 pm

I can relate.
But, even if it was allowed, you'd be messing up the Exodus workers, including all the flaggers working to get the flow of vehicles safely off the playa, onto the highway, and through the towns. And there's even more people/vehicles this year...
Canoe

Postby Rice » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:31 pm

No one is allowed into BRC without a ticket. Even on Monday, post Temple burn... Gate will certainly turn anyone around.

Best your friend finds a ride from someone there. All they need to do is ask around and they can find a ride.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Canoe » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:55 pm

bnj775 wrote: i WANTED to get him. I Didnt get to go this year and wanted a reason just to drive out and see it!
Canoe

Postby gyre » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:29 pm

No traffic by wednesday usually.

No problem finding someone willing to give you a ride.
Quite a problem finding someone with room.
PLaya info won't hurt, but better to ride around and ask people.
They start tearing down playa info way too early.
gyre

Postby Odie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:10 pm

many people stand near the greeters station and hold a sign for Reno, SF and points beyond, I heard two riders got rides off the playa with in 4-5 minutes.
Odie

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Independent

Postby Rice » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:00 am

Odie wrote:many people stand near the greeters station and hold a sign for Reno, SF and points beyond, I heard two riders got rides off the playa with in 4-5 minutes.

As long as the don't stand in the middle of the road, too many tired/wired drivers.

Longest I ever saw waiting was 2 hours... Many were less than 1/2 hr.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion