How to check the ticket number fake or real ??

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

How to check the ticket number fake or real ??

Postby berkerb » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:44 am

I Just bought a ticket from ebay the seller sent me his info and the ticket number but how im suppose to know it is real or not ? Where can i check it?
berkerb

Burning Since: 2013

Re: How to check the ticket number fake or real ??

Postby Rice » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:01 am

berkerb wrote:I Just bought a ticket from ebay the seller sent me his info and the ticket number but how im suppose to know it is real or not ? Where can i check it?

well, here is the Burning Man Ticket Page FAQ:

Avoiding Fraud & Buying Third Party Tickets:

How can I tell if a ticket is real?
Your best assurance is by buying it from someone you know and trust. Our tickets have numerous physical security features, unique foils, embossings, and variable data. Remember, just because a ticket is real, doesn't mean it is still valid.

How can I know that the ticket I'm buying is valid?
The only real way to know a ticket is real and valid is to buy it from someone you know and trust. Before you buy a ticket from a third party, check the voided ticket list to make sure it is not listed as a ticket number that has been canceled or voided.

If I buy a ticket on eBay, Stub Hub or a re-seller site is it still valid?
We have no problem with people selling their unneeded tickets for face value (plus service fees) and this is possible to do using eBay's "Buy it now" feature. If a ticket has been auctioned and/or sold for high above its face value, we may have canceled and voided that ticket. To be safe, you should never pay above face value for a ticket.

How can I buy a third party ticket safely?
The safest way to buy a third party ticket is by buying it from STEP or directly from someone you know. Second to that, your safest bet is buying a ticket from someone in your immediate community of Burners

FAQ URL: http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php#fraud

Voided Tickets URL: http://tickets2.burningman.com/info.php?i=4188
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion