Pix of the Unicorn in the Temple Burning?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Pix of the Unicorn in the Temple Burning?

Postby deeohgeeman » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:51 pm

I made the paper mache unicorn that they mounted up front in the temple and it burned magnificently. After the temple spire fell, the unicorn's mane caught on fire and it rapidly spread through the entire head. It was gone in about five seconds, and I would LOVE to have a shot of it in the process of disintegration.
deeohgeeman

Dragon Head Too

Postby deeohgeeman » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:16 pm

PS: I made a paper mache Dragon Head and donated to the temple too, and I suspect (but don't know yet) that they placed it in a visible location somewhere else on the temple. As above, any photos of the Dragon head burning would be greatly appreciated.
deeohgeeman

right....NOW!

Postby deeohgeeman » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:03 pm

This is almost certainly the moment when the horn, mane and body were burning spectacularly, but it's low rez. It's by the left pillar. The previous picture in the series you can see the silhouette better, but only the mane is burning.

http://tanman.javayogi.com/pics/03/burn ... 1-1-0.html
deeohgeeman

Project nearby unicorn at the Temple of Honor

Postby Fuzee » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:09 pm

My project was nearby the unicorn at the Temple. It was a full-size effigy of a man, standing. He was painted all over and wore a baseball hat with a feather. When I last saw him, during the dust storm, he was laid on the outside of the pile (not standing vertically) on the six o'clock side of the temple. This effigy is of a friend who died a few weeks ago, and I would really like to have some pictures where I could see him during the burn. My pictures are at my web site www.soundnvision.org
Burn the Man
Fuzee

Unicorn, still no dragon

Postby deeohgeeman » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:13 pm

Here's another couple good shots of the temple where you can make out the unicorn pretty clearly. I still haven't seen the dragon.

deeohgeeman

Return to Experiences at Burning Man