2 spots open in an RV to join a M & F

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Postby _PlayaReeves_ » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Hey folks, I have an RV booked for the duration of The Burn but the people I was going to share it with are not able to go anymore. Is anyone out there looking to get into an RV and willing to share the cost? There are 2-3 open spots.
Conversely, if someone has one extra spot in an RV and would like to rent it out I could be open to that as well.
If interested pls email me at: reevermadness@gmail.com
Thanks!
(I wasn't sure if ePlaya was really meant for this type of personal ad, apologies in advance if this bothers anyone!!!)

Details:
I'm happy to stock up the RV and drive it to and from the playa, could work well for people who have tight schedules or anyone who needs to fly in and out of the playa.
RV pick-up is in Sacramento on Aug 24th, drop-off in Sacramento on Sep 4th.
Reliable RV company, I've used them the last 2 years with no issues. This is my 4th Burn.
Price is high, makes sense to split 3 or 4 ways, depending on couples or singles.
I'm not too picky about which camp we join. I've been invited to 6 different camps, all are great and all totally different, plus open to other ideas.
I have an extra ticket that's available for a roommate.
_PlayaReeves_

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: (Several)

Re: Looking for RV-mates OR a spot in an RV

Postby Fandango » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:19 pm

I was about to rent a 22' RV for $4100 including gas. I would like to find someone compatible to share it with. I am interested in the sharing concept because it cuts the costs. Although it is nice to have a friends and I am friendly, with all that is going on on the playa I can be very happy to be my own friend. If you are interested email me at toomuchmail1@gmail.com
Fandango

Burning Since: 2013

Postby _PlayaReeves_ » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:37 am

Hey folks! We have a male and female in an RV, looking for 2 more RV-mates to share the living space and the costs.
A couple would be ideal in-terms of space utilization, but 2 singles could also work.
An invitation to a medium-sized camp run by experienced Burners has already been accepted. The camp has been placed in a great location near center camp and has ZERO camp dues!
RV pick-up is Sat, Aug 24th in Sacramento, then heading to the playa Sun, Aug 25th. Leaving the playa on Mon, Sep 2nd for Reno. RV drop-off in Sacramento Weds, Sep 4th.
Would like to get things sorted out asap, we're heading into the home stretch!
_PlayaReeves_

Re: 2 spots open in an RV to join a M & F

Postby _PlayaReeves_ » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Update: We now have 3 ppl in the RV, looking for 1 more to share the space and cost!!
If you're interested and able to share the costs please reach out ASAP! We'd like to get this sorted immediately.

Thanks!

ps- We're part of a great camp in a great location with zero camp dues.
_PlayaReeves_

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:45 pm

_PlayaReeves_ wrote:ps- We're part of a great camp in a great location with zero camp dues.

You might want to say what great camp--unless of course the camp prefers you don't, in which case you should let anyone know via pm. The problem with "great camp" is that there are a lot of different perspectives on what camp greatness is. For instance, someone in recovery might not want to join a bar camp. And if you are a bit more specific, you're more likely to attract the people who would be the best fit.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby _PlayaReeves_ » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:27 pm

This is by all objective standards a truly, all-around, GREAT camp. There is no one on the playa that wouldn't think this was a great camp. The beauty of this camp is that it allows everyone to be the greatest version of themselves humanly, and non-humanly, possible. Thus, there is no one, no matter who, that would ever, EVER, think this wasn't an absolutely great camp. This camp is Wayne Gretzky in camp-form. Tony The Tiger's evil cyborg twin "Toni The Tiger" who must say the opposite of whatever Tony says at all times would still be compelled to call this camp freak'n, ridiculously, GRRRRREAT!!!!
_PlayaReeves_

Postby JayBobBoy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:19 am

Well, that clears it up for me....
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
JayBobBoy

Burning Since: 2002

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:13 am

_PlayaReeves_ wrote:This is by all objective standards a truly, all-around, GREAT camp. There is no one on the playa that wouldn't think this was a great camp. The beauty of this camp is that it allows everyone to be the greatest version of themselves humanly, and non-humanly, possible. Thus, there is no one, no matter who, that would ever, EVER, think this wasn't an absolutely great camp. This camp is Wayne Gretzky in camp-form. Tony The Tiger's evil cyborg twin "Toni The Tiger" who must say the opposite of whatever Tony says at all times would still be compelled to call this camp freak'n, ridiculously, GRRRRREAT!!!!

Sounds like a pile of crap to me.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby _PlayaReeves_ » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:58 am

Gretzky man ... Gretzky
_PlayaReeves_

Postby ygmir » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:12 am

oh yeah, still page one *snickering*........well, good luck with the "so great it must not be named" camp, and I hope you find partners.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby graidawg » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:16 am

Well its not "the best damn camp on the playa" that title is claimed AND held for several years now. daily fizzball tournaments need i say more?
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby _PlayaReeves_ » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:06 pm

To those who've messaged me recently, the spots were filled a while ago. I wasn't sure how to delete this post, is it possible to?
Good luck everyone!
_PlayaReeves_

Postby Fandango » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:22 am

i originally posted something but for some reason I annor post again, so I am posting a reply to another post. Have 25 foot RV. Looking for 1 or 2 people to share RV and some of the costs. Contact me or email me at toomuchmail@gmail.com if you wish to explore this.
Fandango

Burning Since: 2013

Return to 2013 Share Resources