And no to multiple fans. If you need more cooling (your car shouldn't) go with the uni-cooler as it makes more efficient use of the pad's area. (With the bucket, as more air flows through the pad closer to a hole, not evenly across the whole pad, performance is not as good as a unicooler where a much larger % of the pad has optimum air flow).
Unnecessary Power Usage - if you're trying to stretch your battery for the fan & pump.
- red indicator light uses some power, although not much,
- remote on/off switches use power all the time to power the receiver,
- watch out for the same from a digital timer – mechanical timer switches can be had that don't use any electricity to operate,
- the above won't matter if you've got solar to recharge the battery up, or at least enough of one to replace the power the above use, or if you don't care and have the means to easily recharge the battery on-playa.
> I glued plastic hooks so I could stretch rubber band to hold the pump in place.
Hope they don't come off, and hope they can't fit into or block your pump's intake.
> portable battery/air compressor ... make your own easily by buy a regular car battery and a battery box with a 12v socket added in.
- Do not use a car battery for this application, unless you don't care about the cost of replacing it. as you'll be replacing a car battery much sooner.
And it had better not be the one you expect to start your car with to drive out of BRC.
- Use a deep-cycle battery.
- google to learn the difference between the two
> solar panel ...You can fabricate a car roof mound for the panel by using neodymium magnets or 3M VBH double sided tape
- Solar panel (think sail), magnets, plus playa winds = very bad idea.
- Winds can buffet your panel and hence scratch your paint.
- Playa winds can go over 75 mph.
- A panel that goes airborne in those kind of winds could seriously injure, or even kill someone. If that happens, someone will hunt down the owner of such a panel. They will have lots of help.
> the cooler isn't as cold as i thought so the best way with the heat is put the cooler on the passenger side floor and aim the ducting litterally inches from your face/body.
As FIGJAM said, it'll just be a humidifier, and once the air is saturated, then it's just a fan and adding the heat from the electricity powering the fan and the pump.
> I thought about the leak too and touching the pads through the holes on the outside feels really really wet too, but seriously..it doesn't leak,
You'd find out on playa. But you've got for a gapped design now anyway, so you're good for leaking out the holes and good for improved air flow with more of the filter pad put to use cooling the air.
> saving the extra layer of padding so you can ... change out your pad
With the recommended filter pad and pump, most of the dust gets washed off. No need to change it out. Don't know about your pump will provide enough flow for the volume that will get evaporated and for washing the dust off the pads. FIGJAM's does.