Howdy everyone, here is my who am I post :)

Howdy everyone, here is my who am I post :)

Postby wheresdmc68 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:06 pm

My name is Dave or Schiz, and I came into the world of art in a very unique way, but thankfully it happened. I have schizophrenia and PTSD, but I was not diagnosed until I was 42 years old (3 years ago). A few months before I was diagnosed I took an art class at my community college, and followed it up with painting classes which were incredibly helpful in walking the road of a newly diagnosed Schizophrenic. Since then I have been blessed with so many creative art opportunities in not only fine art, but just recently preforming art. I just wrote my first play and I have about a 90% chance of it being shown in our largest theater (seats 750 people), which winds up a weeklong event here in town where I will be the featured artist in a one week event I created called artists against bullying.

This week will be my first burn, and I hope to connect with other preforming artists to write some short story plays. So, if you know of any communities or villages that are made up of preforming artists please let me know.

Thank you for reading my intro, and I wish you the best in your lifelong quest as an artist.

Cheers,

Dave/Schiz

P.S. this artists against bullying event will be the first one of its kind in our community, and it will hopefully become an annual event which i hope to expand upon to other areas of the country over time, so if this is something you would be interested in hit me up, and if I make the burn we can connect and chat. If not we can stay in touch here.
wheresdmc68

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Howdy everyone, here is my who am I post :)

Postby trilobyte » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Sounds awesome - congrats and break a leg and all that. I'd recommend the Spark collaboration tool for connecting with others for performances/performance spaces, and follow that by suggesting you take a look through both the 2013 event boards for camps and stages posting their plans, and also the partial list of registered camps on the main site (several hundred listings in there, quite probably a few that would make a great fit for what you'd like to do.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby jkisha » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby TomServo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:09 am

Welcome to eplaya! I like your story, and I hope you find what your looking for! Welcome home!
Last edited by TomServo on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Savannah » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Hey Dave! Sounds like you're blossoming. :D Welcome to the board.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby wheresdmc68 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Thanks for the positive reploes everyone.

Dave
wheresdmc68

Burning Since: 2013

Return to Introduce Yourself!