WiFi symbol violates Ten Principles?

Cargo Cult - Who is John Frum? He is known to us by many names, this Visitor from Elsewhere, dispenser of endless abundance and wielder of mysterious technologies: John Frum, Quetzalcoatl, Osiris, "Bob." His cargo is splendid, his generosity boundless, his motives beyond our understanding. But across the ages and around the world, the stories all agree: one day he will return, bearing great gifts. Our theme this year asks three related questions; who is John Frum, where is he really from, and where, on spaceship Earth, are we all going?

WiFi symbol violates Ten Principles?

Postby Schtev » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Weird question. If I were to hypothetically paint the symbol for WiFi on my body, do you figure that would technically violate the Principle of decomodification?
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."
Schtev

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Frosty Phoques

Re: WiFi symbol violates Ten Principles?

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:11 pm

No.

Unless of course, you're walking around with a working wireless router & charging for access. In which case it would be commerce, and you could be tossed out of the event, but I don't think that's your plan.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: WiFi symbol violates Ten Principles?

Postby Schtev » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Nah. If I have a router with me, it'll be a completely broken and useless "holy object". ;p

Eric wrote:No.

Unless of course, you're walking around with a working wireless router & charging for access. In which case it would be commerce, and you could be tossed out of the event, but I don't think that's your plan.
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."
Schtev

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Frosty Phoques

Return to 2013 Theme