TICKETS FOUND: We're not "Someday living" anymore

Looking for tickets? Post about it here.

TICKETS FOUND: We're not "Someday living" anymore

Postby Sunshinefaith » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:28 am

Before sharing my story, I want to thank the Burner community for triggering and being part of some of the most powerful and beautiful transformations in both my boyfriend and I's lives independently, as well as in our relationship.

We went to our first burn a few years ago. The amount of love, kindness and generosity shown by everyone was a powerful testament to us about how to live our lives. At that time, we also decided it would be a dream of ours to go to Burning Man someday, and started making changes in our own lives so that we too can live a life of love and display that to everyone around us, including those in the "default world."

We had no intention of going to Burning Man this year because my boyfriend's career was not in the position for him to take that time off. However, he was just offered a severance package, and of instead of him being worried about his future employment, he immediately shared with me "This is it. This is our year to go to Burning Man. I will have the time, and we aren't promised any other year because we don't know where we will be in our lives and careers. We are going to find a way to go." Attending Burning Man this year will be our Celebration of Transformation.

With that said, we are very very passionate about going this year. We also know there is one more sale of 1,000 tickets in August, but I want to do my part and try and help us get them sooner.

If we can purchase tickets and attend, we promise to give that same love, kindness and generosity that was given to us at our first burn.

Much love and gratitude to every single one of you. Looking forward to meeting you on the Playa!
Sunshinefaith

Burning Since: 2013

Re: We're not "Someday living" anymore

Postby AntiM » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:04 am

Do sign up for STEP. I realize there is not much time left for the program, but give it a shot anyway.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Sic Pup » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:06 pm

I went to BM my first time just after losing my job and was trying to find my way. I wouldn't credit it entirely with pointing me in the right direction but it did make me evaluate what I had done with my life up to that point and focus on what I wanted to do going forward. I'm happier now than I've ever been in my entire life (except for possibly early childhood).

This, to me, strikes a chord.

It's genuine, it's sincere, you weren't just negligent in not getting a ticket and now playing catch-up.
If I had extra tickets I'd offer them to you, alas, I do not.

I am, however, sure you'll find them if you get the word out, stay diligent and keep the positive mindset.

I look forward to meeting you both on the playa as well.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby Sunshinefaith » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your story as it warmed my heart!

Ironically, a few hours after I posted to this forum, I received a text from a friend informing me she found 2 tickets for my boyfriend and I, which we bought immediately.

They are officially purchased, and we cannot absolutely wait to see you there! :)
Sunshinefaith

Burning Since: 2013

Re: FOUND TICKETS We're not "Someday living" anymore

Postby Savannah » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Congratulations! Locking up your thread. :)
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Return to 2013 Tickets Wanted