MV storage around Gerlach for the rest of the year?

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

MV storage around Gerlach for the rest of the year?

Postby melanie g » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:17 am

I heard there might be a place to store a vehicle off season (rent?)- the 25 hr trip form vancouver island is a bit cumbersome so am exploring options. Our vehicle base is a 27 ft school bus. any direction=awesome
melanie g

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Treehouse

Re: MV storage around Gerlach for the rest of the year?

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:14 pm

I'm giving this a nudge over to the Q&A board, since that's a better fit for questions about storage (the 2013 MV board is specific to announcements and updates about MV's on the playa this year). You may also want to try your hand at an internet search engine or mapping site, and look for storage facilities in Empire or Gerlach. Find some numbers, start making some calls. Depending on the height and width of the vehicle once it's packed for transport, you might be able to get it into a shipping container, either for transport to/from or to store it. I don't have anything stored out there myself, but am told that if at all possible, you want to avoid having a vehicle sitting outside, exposed to the elements year-round.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby mrchiff » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:35 am

mrchiff

Postby jcliff » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:07 pm

I have my RV stored with a guy 6 miles north of Reno. He's got a big fenced in property and plans to store MV and RV's to supplement his Burner budget. It's $25 per month for my 25' RV. I can send you his number if you message me. Good luck!
jcliff

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Lamplighter Village

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks