6:00 Neighborhood Camps

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

6:00 Neighborhood Camps

Postby trilobyte » Mon May 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Alright, what camps (registered or otherwise) are planning on camping in the 5ish to 7ish range on the dial? We know you're out there, on ring road or tucked away behind Center Camp… This thread is for camps to announce their locations and intentions… tell us who you are, meet your neighbors!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: 6:00 Neighborhood Camps

Postby rotokantus » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Our camp isn't placed but we will be setting up around the 6 O Clock and H or I area. Strut your stuff down our runway and show the judges your inner DIVA! Enjoy a cocktail at the "It's Not Dust, It's Delicious" bar while the judges confirm the WINNER!!
rotokantus

Postby trilobyte » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Sounds like fun!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby homey » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:18 pm

Pickle Joint is thrilled to be back in Center Camp, on the inner circle around the back of the cafe (Inner Circle at 7o'clock). We're pretty sure this is our 11th year as this camp and 15th year on playa. The first decade is kind of a blur.
pickle joint 2003-2013, paul is sexy 2002-2003, moontribe 1999
homey

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pickle Joint

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:51 pm

The Black Rock Beacon is reporting placement at 1:00 & Inner Circle (around Center Camp). Come by and get a paper, tell Mitch and Rocky I said hi!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby MacGlenver » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:39 am

I Call This One 'Old Gregg' will be at 6 & GDP! We are dedicated to the beloved scaly man-fish that is Old Gregg. We enjoy water color painting, preventing fishing, wearing and giving away tutus, and drinking creamy Bailey's. Stop by on Tuesday late afternoon for our party, and bring a cup (or a shoe) for some of the creaminess.

Also, does anyone know what "6 & GDP" means? I know what 6&G means, but what does the "DP" mean (besides the obvious :lol:)? Does that distinguish between Inner Circle versus a regular road, or does that indicate frontage on 6 itself (apparently our frontage is on 6).

We were 'Camp Toga Toga Toga!' last year, in case you stopped by for our toga/wine/grape party.
"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly
MacGlenver

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:30 am

GDP (as in Gross Domestic Product) is the name of the G street/boulevard G this year.

Congrats on the placement, and awesome camp! My gf and I have been Boosh fans for years, and look forward to drinking Bailey's from a shoe (or cup in case we forget our drinking shoes) on the playa :)
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby MacGlenver » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:42 am

*fumbles with mouse and keyboard, tossing them in the air in confusion until they crash onto the floor*

Street names are known??! I just did some major internetting and can't seem to locate them. You must be "in the know", no? Perhaps you could leak the rest of the names for a promise of some extra cold Bailey's :)

Glad you like the Boosh and the camp idea!! We may have to rename "Baileys" for our posters so that we're not blatantly advertising, but that seems sacrilegious :)
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly
MacGlenver

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:17 pm

sTreet names are known because placement is being announced. People who know their placement are sharing that, and in the process street names become known.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby MacGlenver » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:20 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:sTreet names are known because placement is being announced. People who know their placement are sharing that, and in the process street names become known.

Yeah, so i've discovered. It's kinda fun hunting for them in all these threads. Or, per trilo's comment in another thread, i could just wait until tonight or tomorrow :)
MacGlenver

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Sort of in the know... with the placement emails going out technically the information became public (no master list was included, but each camp got the relevant street to their location). I suspect that some last minute detail or required approval held up the official announcement and city map post, but I kind of like the way they were revealed. To those who are dying to know it was a fun little scramble and ooh they got treasured information a little early. I'm told the official post should be up later today.

Maybe just misspell the name (with a z or something)? Should be a lot of fun, that show was a great mix of farce and fun. Can't wait to see your camp!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:34 am

BRC Weekly/Bootie BRC Headquarters will be in roughly the same spot as last year - Rods Road @10 (basically where Rods Road & the Esplanade meet, on the 10:00 side). First time we've ever gotten the same spot twice - I think Placement liked our new lights at night, because it's not like the paper suddenly became any better. :lol:
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby MegsLegs » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:20 am

The Lost Penguins are at Rod's Road and Desiderata for daytime snowcones, lemonade, couches and obstacle course and evenings with live music, weird shows, wine and chocolate. Chocolate Martini party on Tuesday Night. Blues Jam Saturday afternoon

(edited to clarify flavour of martini cocktail)
xo
meg
MegsLegs

Postby tim.dim » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:19 am

The art-support camp for The Cradle of "Mir" will be at Biggie Size & 5:15!!
We want to believe!
Cradle of "Mir"
tim.dim

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: The Cradle

Postby The Rat Lady » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:45 pm

BRC DoA will be making the Playa a more accessible place on the inner circle behind center camp cafe at about 7 o'clock!
If you are interested in making your Camp, your Art, your Art Car, or your Bar more accessible, drop by our website pre-burn at http://brcdoa.com and please stop by on the playa! We will be having a workshop on Wed. August 28th at noon, about accessibility for our mobility impaired Burners!

Let's take Radical Inclusion to the next level!
"Outside of a dog, books are man's best friends. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read!"
Groucho Marx
The Rat Lady

Camp Name: BRC DoA/ Mobility Camp

Postby Theraplst » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm planning on camping in the spot on 6&G in the spot reserved for the burning express bus peoples, as long as it seems tent camper friendly enough.

Which will be great, I love old gregg.
They call me simba
Theraplst

Postby SwagMart » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Greetings from SwagMart we are placed at 6:00 & Rods Road.
are you our neighbors ? last year we were at Rod's Road & 2:15
Cheers, Barry
SwagMart

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: SwagMart

Postby Mojojita » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:18 pm

SwagMart wrote:Greetings from SwagMart we are placed at 6:00 & Rods Road.
are you our neighbors ? last year we were at Rod's Road & 2:15
Cheers, Barry

You will be neighbors with Greeter's Camp, I think....
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
Mojojita

Postby lemur » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:27 pm

it depends on which side of the road theyre on.

if on the east side of the 6'oclock road into centercamp.. theyll be neighboring recycle camp (to the north) and lamplighters to the east.

if its on the west side of the road? i dunno... i barely get that far away from camp ;-)
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby Polka Dot Lola » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:31 pm

The Gods' Vending Inc : Our Cargo Cult style vending machine (a functioning machine built from wood and bamboo) Is the main focus of the camp. It will be vending objects of desire to all who choose to chant a short prayer to the Gods.
As Cargo Cult was a big thing on South Sea Islands we also have a shade shelter where Burners can get out of the sun and strum a ukulele just for fun.
If the "OUT OF ORDER" sign is posted don't worry, it just means we are out having fun on the Playa. The vending machine will be in operation every afternoon until The Gods' run out of cool stuff for the day.
See you at 6:15 and D

Polka Dot Lola
Polka Dot Lola

Camp Name: The Gods' Vending Inc

Postby A Jester » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:45 am

Costco Soulmate Trading Outlet will be at Rod's Road @8.

Stop by for some Morning Train, stay to yell obscenities about the Morning Train, say a little longer to quietly ask "Can I have some more?"
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:06 pm

I thought I understood the city layout more or less, but how can, according to the latest JRS, the Law Enforcement Camp be "next to the Black Rock Ranger Station on the Esplanade near 6:00" if 6:00 and Esplanade is the keyhole north of and leading to Center Camp Cafe? Do they mean the little wedges lining the east and west of that keyhole, like where Playa Info was last year (if I recall correctly)? I'm not certain that's it because then I'd expect them specify the east or west side.

:idea: Or maybe Esplanade is considered to continue in a loop around Center Camp?
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Rod's Road is a little circle that starts at Esplanade and 6th, with its own clock address. That may be what's going on.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Right, but what about that circle concentric with Rod's Road, around Center Cafe?
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.

BoyScoutGirl

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:50 pm

I dunno. I go there and get confused. Eric lived there last year, he may be able to shed more light...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby eLPea » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:12 am

If you check out the 2012 moop map, which shows camp placement, it might shed some light on the Law Enforcement Camp address.

You can see to the right of the 6:00 keyhole, but not quite to the 5:30 radial on the Esplanade, is Ranger HQ. My guess is around there is what they mean by "Esplanade near 6:00".
eLPea

Burning Since: 2009

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:44 am

Thanks, eLPea. That placement was one of my guesses, but verifying against the MOOP map was too clever for me to think up!

BoyScoutGirl

Postby xdwingdx » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:23 pm

Greetings all, Puddles here. We will be at 6 and I, part of the Zen as Fuck Camp. we spoke with Machine on the placement team, he is setting up this area, working closely with people who will be dropped odd on the Express Shuttle.

Our goal is to create a big team atmosphere near 6 and I, support each other, and make sure everybody has a toothbrush who forgot one. (we are bring LOTS of extras)

So please stop by Camp Zen AS Fuck, say hi, have a beer, and let's make some eye contact =)

Puddles
xdwingdx

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Zen as Fuck

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:44 pm

BoyScoutGirl wrote:Right, but what about that circle concentric with Rod's Road, around Center Cafe?

That's just "Center Camp" (also called the "inner circle"), with a slightly different "hour" method than that used elsewhere in the city - it's based on Center Camp Cafe, not The Man. Center Camp @ 9:00 would be the inner circle, at 9:00 based on Center Camp Cafe, not 9:00 based on The Man like the rest of BRC. Rods Road (also called the "outer circle") uses the same method - Rods Road @ 5:15 would be behind Center Camp, just to the right of 6:00 if you were looking from above, also based on Center Camp Cafe.

6:00 and Esplanade could be on the Esplanade on either side of the Keyhole, they don't specify which. I'm assuming it will be easy to spot.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Jim-dandy! » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Anat's Love Camp will be at 6:15 and Desiderata. Please come and share the energy of love with our wonderful camp community and enjoy each other; we love meeting people from all over. This will be Anat’s 19th year; she will be dancing & performing at the camp & in the fashion show wearing her many wonderful costumes and she will teach Brazilian Samba dance.
Jim-dandy!

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Anat's Love Camp

Next

Return to 2013 Theme Camps