I'm in S T E P

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: I'm in S T E P

Postby xjoeham » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:17 pm

a friend of mine registered for step, lost all his emails. when he log's on to eplaya his password is rejected, when he requests new password he gets a 'username & password dont match' error. is there a direct phone number/email address i can give him to resolve this?
thanks
joeh
xjoeham

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:57 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "lost all his emails" (forgot them? lost access to them somehow?). If he's a bonehead who forgot his username and isn't sure what email address he used when signing up, he could go to the memberlist(which is on the index page of the site and available without having to log in) and click on that Find A Member button on the top left of the memberlist. From there, enter the address (or addresses) he thinks he might have used. Assuming that your friend had actually clicked the activation email that was sent to him when he registered, his username ought to show up in the search.

If he still can't figure it out, have him send an email to eplaya@burningman.com and be sure to include his ePlaya account username (remind him that ePlaya and Burner Profiles are totally different things - you'd be surprised how many people have trouble logging in, only to realize that they need a separate account for here).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Thaliana » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:49 pm

I just found this board, here's a little information for you:

Timestamp for signing up for STEP: 12:09, February 28.

Got my STEP email: June 2, 10 pm.

Boyfriend's timestamp for STEP (we knew we couldn't afford two tickets at once so signed up separately) : 12:35, February 28.

Got his STEP email: June 21, 12 noon.

HOWEVER, his link never worked, and we were unable to purchase the ticket...still waiting for feedback from the ticket people, but the link has expired as of 45 minutes ago, and we didn't get the ticket...

So, I signed up with a different email account for a STEP ticket, but didn't do that until June 22...so not holding out too much hope for that....do they ever put people BACK into the queue if there was a problem with their link?

Thali
Thaliana

Burning Since: 2013

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:14 pm

I've never heard of it. There's a lot I don't hear of. Generally, the ticket people seem to be responsive and sane. That's all i got.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Savannah » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Thaliana wrote:I just found this board, here's a little information for you:

Timestamp for signing up for STEP: 12:09, February 28.

Got my STEP email: June 2, 10 pm.

Boyfriend's timestamp for STEP (we knew we couldn't afford two tickets at once so signed up separately) : 12:35, February 28.

Got his STEP email: June 21, 12 noon.

HOWEVER, his link never worked, and we were unable to purchase the ticket...still waiting for feedback from the ticket people, but the link has expired as of 45 minutes ago, and we didn't get the ticket...

So, I signed up with a different email account for a STEP ticket, but didn't do that until June 22...so not holding out too much hope for that....do they ever put people BACK into the queue if there was a problem with their link?

Thali

It sounds like you've written to ticketsupport@burningman.com then, and are waiting to hear back? If not, write them ASAP and explain.

You will also want to proactively let them know that you re-registered for STEP because you weren't sure of what to do, and that you aren't trying to be in line twice.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Thaliana » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:26 pm

Unfortunately, since the problem happened on a Saturday, and the link expires after 72 hours (so today), there was no one around to respond to my questions quickly.

I'm still waiting to hear, though I also emailed the fraud department about a fraudulent craigslist ticket scam I almost got sucked into, and they got back to me within minutes about that, and said they MAY be able to put me in touch with someone who can help with the STEP problem.

EDIT: I let them know that I did sign up with another email address, and will withdraw that request if his burner profile is allowed to re-enter STEP. Trying to be proactive, and have emailed EVERY address I could find, and told them that I have been emailing everyone I can find. I just wish there were a phone number to call. ;)

Thali
Thaliana

Postby Savannah » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:59 pm

It sounds like you've taken all the measures you can. And thank you for protecting other Burners from that scam artist!

Fingers crossed for you. :)

Savannah

Postby Mojojita » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Step is working! I have two friends that got their tickets over the weekend. They were in line on first day but I don't know the time stamp.
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
Mojojita

Postby Theraplst » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:25 am

I signed up for step on 03/05 but since step's already 30 minutes and fulfillment is only half done i'm pretty confident I'll get in there :D.

Might have to take out a loan to make sure i get my ticket in time though lol.
They call me simba
Theraplst

Postby Major Krash » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:56 pm

good news - I got my STEP notice (yeah!) btw- I signed up ~4pm friday, so hours after the start.....

bad news - I cannot get the link to work (keeps saying it is expired or someone else used it, even though it has only been 24 hours since the initial email offer arrived)

lesson - when that offer arrives jump on it, cause you might need days of customer service help
"If you don't think too good, don't think too much" Ted Williams
Major Krash

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: tbd

Postby pink » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Email ticket support immediately! And try another browser too.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby oly14 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Major Krash wrote:good news - I got my STEP notice (yeah!) btw- I signed up ~4pm friday, so hours after the start.....

Hope you getting your issue worked out. Getting the notice is exciting, having the link not work, not so much.

~4pm Friday, 3/01? Are we into March or did you mean ~4pm the first day, Thursday 2/28?
oly14

Postby chlk » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:11 am

Hello everybody..

I also got the STEP link but it is not working (even though 72 hours hasnt passed yet).

I contacted the technical support but I dont think they will reply so quickly. Is there any way of contacting BM ticket support by phone? Does anyone know what else i can try to do?

Thank you
chlk

Burning Since: 2012

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:21 am

I've heard back from the ticket team, and they're working on the issue. Everyone who received a faulty STEP link should also have received an email letting them know that their 'buy' link works again. If you experienced the problem and have not received a followup email for whatever reason, please contact the ticket team using the ticketsupport@burningman.com email address asap. The rockstars on the ticket team will get you taken care of asap.

Please do not either flood the STEP system with multiple registrations or the support system with multiple emails.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Major Krash » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:41 pm

yep - they sent me a new link...worked no problem this time

oh, and I was time stamped around 4pm the opening day of STEP (about 5-6 hours after start?)
"If you don't think too good, don't think too much" Ted Williams
Major Krash

Camp Name: tbd

Postby Theraplst » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Awesome! Great to hear it's moving along. What address does the email come from (so I can make sure it doesn't get blocked)? or do people get it from a different email address every time?
They call me simba
Theraplst

Postby oly14 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Theraplst wrote:I signed up for step on 03/05 but since step's already 30 minutes and fulfillment is only half done i'm pretty confident I'll get in there :D.

Let us know when you get the notification. I signed up later in March and I'm anxiously (nervously) waiting (hoping) for my number to be called.
oly14

Postby Theraplst » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:48 pm

Will do, I'll post on this thread when i get it.
They call me simba
Theraplst

Postby riverrunner » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:50 am

To let you all know - My date/time stamp was march 4th, 9:07a... I rec'd notification for two tickets yesterday.
I can't go and will be putting them back into STEP.

STEP works!
Have agreat BuRn everybody!!
riverrunner

Postby mdscs » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:33 am

Hello everyone.

Today I've received the great letter - yeah, I've got the link! And in few minutes got a ticket.

I signed up for 1 ticket via STEP at March 6 2013, and got the link 2 hours ago.

One more time: STEP works!

Best wishes for those who is still in queue: everything will be great, do not lose the hope :-)
mdscs

Postby Savannah » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:51 am

Congratulations, and welcome to ePlaya. :D

Savannah

Postby sparkledust » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:53 am

Yaay! Congratulations!
I registered in April, I'm so excited the queue reached March 6th! Yay! happy for you, and very excited! :)
sparkledust

Camp Name: it'll be the virgin camp for me

Postby Theraplst » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:04 pm

mdscs wrote:Hello everyone.

Today I've received the great letter - yeah, I've got the link! And in few minutes got a ticket.

I signed up for 1 ticket via STEP at March 6 2013, and got the link 2 hours ago.

One more time: STEP works!

Best wishes for those who is still in queue: everything will be great, do not lose the hope :-)

this worries me, since i registered march 5 and didnt get an email yet :0 perhaps its just a timezone thing though
They call me simba
Theraplst

Postby oly14 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Theraplst wrote:
mdscs wrote:Today I've received the great letter - yeah, I've got the link! And in few minutes got a ticket.

this worries me, since i registered march 5 and didnt get an email yet :0 perhaps its just a timezone thing though

Did you request one ticket or two? From what I gathered, if one goes into the pool, it goes to the top of the one requested queue.
oly14

Postby TasarlaSkaara » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Just found this thread! I joined STEP super late and am crossing my fingers for a pair of tickets! (I'm dragging my hubby into this thing)
Anyways...my stamp is June 30th *cringe*
Do I have hope or should I look to buy elsewhere? Any news on the queue?
Here's to hoping *raises glass*
"I'd rather face rejection than regrets." -myself
TasarlaSkaara

Postby Savannah » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Definitely look elsewhere as well, face value + fees. (Don't pay scalped prices; scalped tickets can be invalidated.)

Everyone in STEP last year got tickets, but there is more awareness of STEP this year and the queue is probably longer.

Be ready to Pre-register for the OMG sale, 12pm (noon) PDT on August 2, 2013 to 12pm (noon) PDT on August 5, 2013. First-come, first-served OMG sale starts August 7, 2013 at 12pm (noon) PDT.

If you find hard tickets without STEP, proactively write in to the ticket team and tell them you no longer need to be in the queue. The person behind you in line may then get the chance to buy tickets that much faster (which is a good thing, because STEP ends at the end of July).

Savannah

Postby Theraplst » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:15 pm

I got my ticket yesterday (7/5) at 3:33 am pdt. I registered for the queue on 3/5 at 9pm.
They call me simba
Theraplst

Postby Savannah » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:21 pm

Congratulations, Therapist! :D

Savannah

Postby fresh » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:20 am

Savannah wrote:Everyone in STEP last year got tickets, but there is more awareness of STEP this year and the queue is probably longer.

Main thing was last year's STEP was limited to 2,000 (i think that was the number) and registration was full on the first day with many getting shut out. Is there any clue as to how many are in STEP this year? Prob not, but it is a good sign to see that it has moved past the first week of sign up. Also, STEP sales was done by this time last year, once physical tix were sent out. Just my 2¢
"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.
Each another's audience inside the gilded cage." - N. Peart
"SAFETY THIRD" - Some idiot
fresh

Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:42 pm

fresh wrote:
Savannah wrote:Everyone in STEP last year got tickets, but there is more awareness of STEP this year and the queue is probably longer.

Main thing was last year's STEP was limited to 2,000 (i think that was the number) and registration was full on the first day with many getting shut out. Is there any clue as to how many are in STEP this year? Prob not, but it is a good sign to see that it has moved past the first week of sign up. Also, STEP sales was done by this time last year, once physical tix were sent out. Just my 2¢

I was thinking much the same. STEP this year is a different animal than STEP last year...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion