Free place to stay in Reno before/after the burn!

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Free place to stay in Reno before/after the burn!

Postby poppetmonahan » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:44 pm

My husband, daughter and I live in Reno ten minutes from downtown and 1.5-3 hours from the playa. We have tons of space and nothing makes us happier than hosting huge groups at once. Our record was 15 in a two bedroom apt! We'll do everything we can to help: pick up from airport or bus, take people to Walmart for food and supplies, and MAYBE give rides to the playa if needed. Let me know if you're interested because we want to fill our house! Email me at sarah.e.monahan@gmail.com!
poppetmonahan

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Re: Free place to stay in Reno before/after the burn!

Postby trilobyte » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:27 pm

I'm giving this a nudge over to Share Resources, as that's a better fit for such awesome space-sharing offers.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby jkisha » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:37 pm

15 strangers staying in your 2 BR place with your daughter and you and your husband?! Why does this strike me as being just a bit weird?
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby unjonharley » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:12 pm

I don't know weird this is..Our farm was in the middle of nowhere.. We had a huge field across from the house.. My uncle kept a wind sock up.. The sock was for the crop dusters.. We had at lest 2 planes a year get lost or other troubles.. Had a many as six people sleeping on made up pallets on the living room floor. The next day uncle would take them into town for gas or parts.. oh ya, uncle also had a short wave.. Nearest phone was three miles away..
unjonharley

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:03 pm

jkisha wrote:15 strangers staying in your 2 BR place with your daughter and you and your husband?! Why does this strike me as being just a bit weird?

Because you've never read Chaucer?

Or

... to put it another way, we now have hotels and think that's the norm. Couch surfers might well disagree with you.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby unjonharley » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:13 pm

unjonharley wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:
jkisha wrote:15 strangers staying in your 2 BR place with your daughter and you and your husband?! Why does this strike me as being just a bit weird?

Because you've never read Chaucer?

Or

... to put it another way, we now have hotels and think that's the norm. Couch surfers might well disagree with you.

Bundling was a little before my time.. BUT, A one orphanage in the winter the teenage girls would let me in.. I was in third grade at the time.. Boys slept alone, girl slept two to a bed.. nice and warm was I
unjonharley

Postby poppetmonahan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:30 am

It's the best kind of weird! My husband, daughter and I slept in our bedroom and everyone else slept in the extra room, living room, and in tents on the back patio. It was awesome! People were created to share what they have to share- we have space and open hearts!
poppetmonahan

Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Return to 2013 Share Resources