SOLD: 1 times four holiday tickets each 650$

Have extra tickets or can't use yours? Post about it here.

SOLD: 1 times four holiday tickets each 650$

Postby muelluka » Thu May 16, 2013 4:09 am

Hi there!!

Last december I bought 4 holiday tickets with the intention to go to the burn with 3 friends. But with the burn geting closer, it wised up that we sadly do not have enough money to make the big journey to Black Rock City (as we're from Switzerland the journey is quite expensive....) So we decided to try to sell the tickets and wait for next year to go to this sacred place. So this is our offer: We bought the four tickets each for 650. So the full amount we paid is 2600$. As it's not possible to split the tickets we sell them all together for 2600 dollars. To hand out the tickets I would fill out an name change formular so you could get the tickets at the Will Call boxes in front of BRC. If you have any further questions you can reach me by my email which is muelluka(at)student.ethz.ch
I know it's a big amount off money, but it's definitely worth it.

bye
muelluka

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: none

Re: selling 1 times four holiday tickets each 650$

Postby BBadger » Thu May 16, 2013 11:53 am

I wonder how many holiday sale buyers are going to be burned -- in a bad way -- trying to sell their tickets for near face value especially when they're finally shipped. Some have definitely been snatched up, but I think more people are waiting on the last-minute sell-off or at least when the tickets are available in-hand.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby mulch » Thu May 16, 2013 12:24 pm

I think I would drink more than the $250 difference just worrying about getting a ticket in the August 7th OMG sale.
choose damned if you do
mulch

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Captain Goddammit » Thu May 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Yeah, I missed out on the initial ticket-grab... I'm reasonably confident I'll scrounge up tickets... but for the comfort of knowing it's handled I'd probably pay some extra money if I had to.
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

Postby MikeGyver » Thu May 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:Yeah, I missed out on the initial ticket-grab... I'm reasonably confident I'll scrounge up tickets... but for the comfort of knowing it's handled I'd probably pay some extra money if I had to.

I'm in the same boat as you. Don't have a ticket yet but not worried at all. Even if STEP doesn't come through I'm fairly sure once Tickets go out there will be more of them being sold.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
MikeGyver

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Thecatman » Fri May 17, 2013 8:07 am

I know the scalping issue is a concern, but I wish they'd go back to letting the outlets sell a few thousand tickets each.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby trilobyte » Fri May 17, 2013 8:41 am

The reason they stopped that wasn't because of scalping concerns, it's because of scarcity. Simply put, not enough tickets.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby BBadger » Fri May 17, 2013 11:49 am

Thecatman wrote:I know the scalping issue is a concern, but I wish they'd go back to letting the outlets sell a few thousand tickets each.

And take tickets away from the online ticket sales where they belong? Get with the 21st century.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Thecatman » Sat May 25, 2013 9:07 am

Thcatman wrote:I know the scalping issue is a concern, but I wish they'd go back to letting the outlets sell a few thousand tickets each.
BBadger wrote:And take tickets away from the online ticket sales where they belong? Get with the 21st century.

Sorry!

I didn't think I implied to eliminate online sales.
I like having personal contact. l'm trying to dig myself out of this 20th century rut that l'm stuck in.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby unjonharley » Sat May 25, 2013 10:13 am

One year I was crawling around the floor whimpering from a back injury.. I'd didn't sell my ticket until two weeks before BM..

Another year infection in a surgery and waited to a month before BM to sell..

Eplaya is about ten percent of burners and we see STEP moving.. Some of the other 90% are going to let tickets go for one reason or another..
unjonharley

OFFERED: 4 holiday tickets for 500$

Postby muelluka » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:32 am

Hi,
Me and my friends bought four holiday tickets last year. Sadly we're not able to make the journey due to financial reasons and also because of mental illness. As my previous approach to sell them failed we're offering them each for 500$. So it'd make 2000$ in total. If you're intrested you can write me an email to muelluka[at]student.ethz.ch.
muelluka

Camp Name: none

Re: 4 holiday tickets for 500$

Postby Sham » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:45 am

If you can offer a bit more detail, such as where you're located, I'll bet that will help you sell your tickets!
Sham

Postby Mamachicken32 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Where are you located, bc i could possibly make this happen if you are in any of the following areS
Reno nv
The bay area
Philadelphia
Nj
Nyc
De
Ky
MamaChicken Haggard Oboe
Mamachicken32

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Ken's nutz

Postby thekhantron » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi,

Are any of those tickets still available? If so, I'm interested in picking one up :0
In a world without heaven to follow, the stops
Would be endings more poignant than partings, profounder,
And that would be saying farewell, repeating farewell,
Just to be there and just to behold.

-Wallace Stevens
thekhantron

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Nectar Village

Postby atom platypus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Hey

I live in Zurich and according to your email adress you study there... Any chance to get 2 of the tickets?
Wrote you an E-Mail as well.

Really hope that works...

Greets
atom platypus

Postby Savannah » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Hey folks. Just FYI . . .

[Will Call] Orders cannot be split up into multiple names so a name change is for the entire order. If you need to give your will call tickets to multiple people, we suggest this solution: have the name on the order changed to the person who is arriving to the event first and it will be that person's responsibility to place the other ticket(s) under their individual names at will call after they have retrieved their ticket. This can get messy so make sure you can trust the person who is picking up the tickets first.

http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php

So if you're going to buy a Will Call order, you need to buy the whole order and line up some folks to take the others. It's a precision move requiring legal names, government issued IDs and transferring the order into the name of the first person to arrive.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby atom platypus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Would as well buy all 4 and put the two I already have into STEP if that would be the solution... :wink:

(We are 4 people and already have 2 Tix...)
atom platypus

Re: SOLD: 1 times four holiday tickets each 650$

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:39 am

We've heard that these tickets have been sold, I'm closing up the thread. Congrats
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to 2013 Tickets Offered