Picture of a 2013 ticket

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Picture of a 2013 ticket

Postby winebuff » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:48 am

Love it! Mine is sitting in the post office waiting for me to pick them up tomorrow.
winebuff

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby PhoenixFemmeFatale » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Got my email that my tickets were on the way on Tuesday. I was SO EXCITED! The confirmation email stated '5 business days'. I got home from work today to find a strange package on my kitchen counter. MY TICKETS! WAHOO! I literally jumped up and down and yelped out loud! My sweet sweet sweet Mormon Mother in law (who signed for them and was babysitting my kids) just looked at me like I had lost my mind. If THIS is crazy - I love it! I joke with my friends that I am 'HaHa Crazy not scary-crazy'. BRC 2013 here I come! WooooHooo!
"I hitched a ride with a vending machine repair man
He says he's been down this road more than twice
He was high on intellectualism
I've never been there but the brochure looks nice"
PhoenixFemmeFatale

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Savannah » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Congratulations! :mrgreen:
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Sandstorm » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:46 pm

trilobyte wrote:I never end up feeling that way (can't wait for the gates to open) - for me it's a mad scramble to try and get things finished. At times I almost wish it were a little further out.

Trilo: Amen. While I'm not reveling in you feeling the way you have described above I can very much relate to your post and am somewhat heartened to see that I'm not alone in feeling a bit overwhelmed during the lead up to BM.

My busy season at work runs from May 1st through mid-July and during that time I often work 6 or 7 days a week and as a result I often have little time outside of work to do more than eat, sleep and bathe. Once mid-July comes around and I'm finished with work for the summer I'm usually in need of both ample exercise and time spent on real-life demands and thus my brain usually goes into a f*cking tizzy trying to balance out my default world needs with my playa preparations. Last year I was so caught up in default world stuff that a couple of hours before my flight to Reno I didn't know if I'd actually leave for the airport and go to BM. I'm still thanking the G_ds for both the car service driver and the curbside check-in luggage handler with whom I interacted that morning. Thanks, guys!

I'm grateful for the fact that after 5 burns I've got almost no pre-playa shopping left to do other than for food or random bits of playa swag. This summer I've been trying to learn from the pre-playa emotional paralysis that I experienced last year and not let any anxiety that I'm feeling nowadays impinge on my plans to make it to Cargo Cult. This year I'm planning on doing my first on-playa art/gifting project, so that's going to be a bit of a learning curve in terms of how I make that plan a reality in the time I've got left before I leave for Reno.

I hope that your playa preparations go well and that you have a great burn.
Sandstorm

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: TBD

Postby trilobyte » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks, you too - and same to everyone else. It's definitely a monkey puzzle full of challenges. I started much earlier this year, but even with that I feel like it will be a scramble in the end. But it's a good kind of stress and panic, I guess, I feel a much greater sense of accomplishment when things manage to come together.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby fresh » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:54 am

dragonpilot wrote:
dragonpilot wrote:Doesn't the fine print in PayPal say something about protecting buyers and sellers if either party reneges on a deal? I'll have to go look at that.

yeah...checked the PayPal User Agreement and confirmed that PayPal will cover the purchase of a tangible item, including a paper ticket, if the seller defaults. One's purchase date is recorded thru PayPal to assist in confirming one's claim. Unclear how PayPal accepts one's claim as legitimate...you could PayPal something, receive it, then say you didn't and file a claim with them...hmmmmmm. However, the seller has to be registered in PayPal as well...my head hurts.

Just wondering, if I use PayPal to get our porto-potty sucked up a couple times during the week and the truck never shows up, can i send the contents via UPS to PayPal???
"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.
Each another's audience inside the gilded cage." - N. Peart
"SAFETY THIRD" - Some idiot
fresh

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Previous

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion