Create your flag, your art, your message!

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.

Create your flag, your art, your message!

Postby The Life Cube » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:39 pm

The Tapestry Wall on The Life Cube at Burning Man
Be square! Create your own art on a 2’x2’ square canvas, send it to us and we’ll join it together with 120 special pieces to form an enormous and evocative mosaic Tapestry Wall, 24 feet high on the side of The Life Cube!

This is your chance to create your flag, your art, your message, and your vision of the future, in your own space. It will become part of a community tapestry, sharing what’s in your head and your heart with the citizens of Black Rock City and the world.

Specifications: 2’ x 2’ Canvas (unstretched – no framing, please). Cover and paint with your own design and/or colorful message, using water repellent (oil) paints or other weather-resistant materials (permanent markers, latex house paint, gesso, resin, etc.) Artwork must be mailed by July 15, 2013.

Email your interest to thelifecube@gmail.com and get a place on the wall! Only 120 spaces are available – first responses have first priority. We’ll send you a confirmation and mailing instructions.

http://thelifecube.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... estrywall/
Http://facebook.com/thelifecube
The Life Cube

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: titicaca

Re: Create your flag, your art, your message!

Postby C187 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Is there any restrictions to the content of an individual square? Are you attempting to create an over all motif with the squares? What is needed in the email?
I have a little bit of Savannah with me. Shhh...
C187

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Stag Camp 8.0

Postby The Life Cube » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:41 pm

Think of it as your space. You can write words, quotes, draw a picture of a sunrise, a sunset, it can be of picture of something real or imaginary. You have total control of what you create. I am offering a place for people to see it. All the panels will be assembled on a 24 foot x 24 foot wall on The Life Cube installation. I encourage you to let your creative soul express itself! Love, skeeter.
The Life Cube

Tapestry Wall on the Playa

Postby The Life Cube » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:12 pm

I am writing to ask you to share this message with your community.

Want to be a part of the art community at Burning Man? This is your chance to create your flag, your art, your message, and your vision of the future, in your own space. It will become part of a giant community tapestry wall on The Life Cube, sharing what’s in your head and your heart with the citizens of Black Rock City and the world.

We’ve made it easy to order a blank canvas [edit: PM for financial questions. Eric]! Come on folks; help make this an amazing success. It will be fun, it will be exciting! And tell your friends, your kids, your camp-mates. (You can also pick up a canvas at your local art supply store).

Interested? Click here to find out more, order a canvas, and reserve your space on the wall: http://thelifecube.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... estrywall/. There’s also a Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/TheLifeCube

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

skeeter
Artist, The Life Cube
The Life Cube

Postby maryanimal » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:23 pm

I'd love to be a part of it! sounds great!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby The Life Cube » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Awesome!!!! Thanks for your interest. Look forward to your panel.

Love, skeeter
The Life Cube

Postby Jewelz2013 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:50 am

Way cool project, I didn't see this post in time to participate but I will participate by making a point of looking for this one of a kind spectacular piece of art!
Peace yo! Lookout! Jewelz on the Playa
Jewelz2013

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Return to 2013 Support A Project