Instant Rager For Rascals

All things outside of Burning Man.

Instant Rager For Rascals

Postby SophiaFatale » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:33 pm

One of my favorite artists is Remi Gaillard, He doesn't paint, or make music, or sculpt... he creates concepts that challenge people to change their thought process...wildly appropriate actions in inappropriate places or vice versa...this is one of my favorites!!!! FOR MY PARTY PEOPLE AND MY DREAMERS...

[media]

"C'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"!
- It is by doing whatever that we become whoever -
Go forth and set the world on f i r e
SophiaFatale

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Instant Rager For Rascals

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Sooooo trashing a buisness and leaving a big moopy mess is fun??? :?
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:41 pm

If that video is anything to judge Remi's pranks by, Improv Everywhere, based in New York City, is far classier. Their clever ideas actually create, you know, good will and fun:

[media]

[media]

[media]
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby SophiaFatale » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:19 pm

FIGJAM wrote:Sooooo trashing a buisness and leaving a big moopy mess is fun??? :?

Truthfully that is the one thing about the video that is slightly off for me, but the concept of bringing a giant party to a party store made me incredibly happy...he IS certainly a rascal but his concepts make me smile...I guess it becomes...were those people rightfully compensated. It's the fun, ironic spirit of it that I love, not the trashing a business and a moopy mess...funny to think that something can cause great feelings of fun and joy, and then create some pretty yucky feelings after. Part of his film left in on purpose to provoke thought...? He could certainly have cut the video showing nothing but the party. Good catch.

Respect
Last edited by SophiaFatale on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SophiaFatale

Postby SophiaFatale » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:20 pm

[quote="BoyScoutGirl"]If that video is anything to judge Remi's pranks by, Improv Everywhere, based in New York City, is far classier. Their clever ideas actually create, you know, good will and fun:

Yes! These are great. Thanks for the share! I love it!!!!
SophiaFatale

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:25 pm

SophiaFatale wrote:
FIGJAM wrote:Sooooo trashing a buisness and leaving a big moopy mess is fun??? :?

Truthfully that is the one thing about the video that is slightly off for me, but the concept of bringing a giant party to a party store made me incredibly happy...he IS certainly a rascal but his concepts make me smile...I guess it becomes...were those people rightfully compensated. It's the fun, ironic spirit of it that I love, not the trashing a business and a moopy mess...funny to think that something can cause great feelings of fun and joy, and then create some pretty yucky feelings after. Part of his film left in on purpose to provoke thought...? He could certainly have cut the video showing nothing but the party. Good catch.

Respect

Well, the last thing a burner on the playa wants is a BMM! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby SophiaFatale » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:05 pm

FIGJAM wrote:
SophiaFatale wrote:

Respect

Well, the last thing a burner on the playa wants is a BMM! 8)

My Goodness! :idea: Think about how awesome that video would be if they came in, danced hard, had fun, picked up what was knocked over, danced with the ladies at the counter (or tried to) and left without a trace. No Moop, no smashing. It would be a random act of dance party and would have ended in laughter and those two ladies would have a story to tell that would have been strange and unusual and far from tragic! Oddly enough after the maybe the 6th time I watched that video i never finished it to the end...not on purpose, just subconsciously I wished it had been different. The question becomes is that what he meant for...? Is he trying to say something or is he just a rascal... So glad you caught that. :D Cheers!
SophiaFatale

Return to Open Discussion