Howdy from Austin Texas

Howdy from Austin Texas

Postby motoduck » Wed May 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Greetings,

Thought I should take a moment and introduce myself before poking around the board. My name is Brandon, been going to our local burn here in Texas for several years now (Flipside for those of you local). I've had the big burn in my "master plan" for many many years now but just never seemed to get aorund to being at a place where it was a real posibility, well going to try and make it happen one way or another this year, currently dont have tickets but hoping between STEP and the forum I can figure something out and make it happen, I'm sure if it's meant to be the universe will provide. Anyway Im an IT guy by trade but enjoy building, creating things and just all around "weird" stuff. Looking forward to poking around the board a bit and consuming as much info as I can while I try and work out that pesky detail of tickets :) In the mean time i'll try and read all the forum info before asking redundant questions.

Cheers,
Brandon
motoduck

Burning Since: 2010

Re: Howdy from Austin Texas

Postby tamarakay » Wed May 29, 2013 6:58 pm

Hey! Welcome to the madhouse. Read the survival guide and don't be too afraid of the snarky bastards, the bite only stings for a little bit and then you feel the love.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby dragonpilot » Wed May 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Don't give up the hope of getting a ticket...plan as if you're going to go. It's always easier to cancel plans than it is to get the ticket at the last minute and then start to do your planning...it can be done, but not recommended.

Besides STEP, you should start seeing a loosening up of local tickets within the next coupla weeks as folks' plans change and life gets in the way. Be VERY careful when purchasing a ticket directly from someone. Know your seller! Try to meet face-to-face, verify the ticket is real. Never pay for a ticket by wiring money to anyone you don't know...there's lots of crooks out there preying on the sensibilities of those seeking tickets...

Good luck!
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Savannah » Thu May 30, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Brandon! Good luck with the ticket business. Hopefully it'll shake out like it did last year--tickets really seem to move around a lot in the summertime.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby lucky420 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:01 pm

Hola and hello...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby motoduck » Thu May 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks everyone, yea I have faith that the ticket thing will work out, had a similar situation with our local burn here (flipside) and all worked out ok and it was a fantastic experience. Thank you all for the words of advice and encouragement :)

cheers,
Brandon aka BSracer
motoduck

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Elderberry » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:39 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to Introduce Yourself!