Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.

Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby SexshaBrayne » Fri May 17, 2013 10:21 am

Shamandome is a service camp. A girl in our camp went to sleep in her tent one night on the Playa.
An Eagle came to her in a dream and told the girl to build a ShamanCycle.


The Shamancycle will be parked outside our healing domes during the day.

At night you'll see us riding our Eagle puppet, with beautiful moving metal wings twinkling with lights, fireballs shooting from the eyes, and
a crazy transmedia artist/accordion player seated on top.

The whole thing has grown so big and amazing
we just had to ask for help.

We made a Kickstarter (even though we hate to ask you or anyone for money :shock: ). As you all know, even one dollar is welcome and feeds the love when you are working on a Big Art playa project.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sha ... le-bicycle

Come ride the Shamancycle! We have two bucket seats for passengers.

OK. We are ready for the abuse, but when you are done... read our blog to keep up with the progress...we are halfway through our build.
http://www.shamancycle.com/blog and http://www.facebook.com/shamancycle

The aforementioned insane transmedia artist dreams of putting goldenspiral horizontal turbines in the 16 Eagle wings; so with our pedal power, and Eagle body solar panels we could generate enough electricity to run our whole camp...but the aforementioned out- of-her-mind artist needs your help. ASAP :coffee:

On our knees as usual...Thank you Great Spirit for the Gift of Burning Man and for letting us live for one week a year in the Magic of the Playa.
User avatar
SexshaBrayne
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 7:41 am
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Shamandome

Re: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 17, 2013 4:03 pm

SexshaBrayne wrote:... accordion...

Sounds legit.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37413
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby Captain Goddammit » Fri May 17, 2013 5:33 pm

I read that whole blog... what a load of bullshit, lol! It's full of doozies like these comedy items:
"The Legerian SunWind ShamanCycle is a vehicle that will travel 35 miles an hour." Oh? I doubt it!

"She has created a green vehicle that harvests wind, solar and human pedal power to generate vast amounts of completely renewable electricity. " Lol, first of all, she did none of the creating, and second, define "vast amounts". Do you morons know the average cyclist generates one tenth of a horsepower, maybe 75 watts?

"The Legerian Sun-Wind ShamanCycle can easily generate enough electricity to run a fleet of vehicles." Really? How? What sort of vehicles? Ones that can carry people to the bottom of a hill?

"Yesterday the ShamanCycle was the cover story in Small Business Opportunities Magazine! SBO is the leading Entrepreneur Magazine in the USA. The feature story uses Phoebe Legere’s ShamanCycle to show how EVERYONE can make their dreams come true through crowdfunding." Lol... nothing about the vehicle, but they are impressed at her ability to bilk money from crowds to fund bullshit.

" A musician (Phoebe Lgere) will be seated atop the ShamanCycle, playing accordion, Native American flute, and singing Native American medicine chants. Her voice will be amplified by pedal and solar power. " Oh I see... the slaves will pedal their ass off, she will sit on top.

An artist who doesn't know which end of a screwdriver to hold has developed a revolutionary vehicle to solve all our energy needs! Yay!
I'll stop now but I could go on and on and on...

It'll be a cool mutant playa art vehicle though.
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
User avatar
Captain Goddammit
 
Posts: 4499
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:34 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:"Yesterday the ShamanCycle was the cover story in Small Business Opportunities Magazine! SBO is the leading Entrepreneur Magazine in the USA. The feature story uses Phoebe Legere’s ShamanCycle to show how EVERYONE can make their dreams come true through crowdfunding."

So, wait, why not, instead of crowdfunding, we all just use the money we would have used to help other people make their dreams come true, we just fund our own dream coming true? If nothing else, we save time and the middlemen.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37413
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby BBadger » Fri May 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Your website would load a lot faster if you converted your title photo to a JPEG instead of using a 1.6MB PNG file. I know there are some rube(s) on this forum that think that others appreciate wasting bandwidth on such things, but I think in this case it's more a mistake than by design. Also, something is causing the site to produce horizontal scrollbars; those are really tacky. I'm happy you didn't use Comic Sans MS for the body font though.

theCryptofishist wrote:So, wait, why not, instead of crowdfunding, we all just use the money we would have used to help other people make their dreams come true, we just fund our own dream coming true? If nothing else, we save time and the middlemen.


Charity starts at home after all.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
User avatar
BBadger
 
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 am
Location: (near) Portland, OR, USA
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby velvetmorning » Thu May 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Wow! i am planning on going to Burning Man this year for the first time and I'm very dismayed to see the toxic, unsupportive, to use his word "bullshit" from Capt. Goddammit. The ShamanCycle is a chance at a new way of looking at transportation. Why be such a naysayer , Dude? Seems like you have a lot of problems , seriously, why be such a downer? So jaded, so un-Burning Man, or what i thought would be un-BurningMan behavior. Chill and try Love. It can change your world! I really think the ShamanCycle is cool and totally support Phoebe Legere's vision for a better Art vehicle. I don't think you have the capacity to breathe, to get it. Best wishes to you, and good luck with your attitude! The world is cruel enough!
Captain Goddammit wrote:I read that whole blog... what a load of bullshit, lol! It's full of doozies like these comedy items:
"The Legerian SunWind ShamanCycle is a vehicle that will travel 35 miles an hour." Oh? I doubt it!

"She has created a green vehicle that harvests wind, solar and human pedal power to generate vast amounts of completely renewable electricity. " Lol, first of all, she did none of the creating, and second, define "vast amounts". Do you morons know the average cyclist generates one tenth of a horsepower, maybe 75 watts?

"The Legerian Sun-Wind ShamanCycle can easily generate enough electricity to run a fleet of vehicles." Really? How? What sort of vehicles? Ones that can carry people to the bottom of a hill?

"Yesterday the ShamanCycle was the cover story in Small Business Opportunities Magazine! SBO is the leading Entrepreneur Magazine in the USA. The feature story uses Phoebe Legere’s ShamanCycle to show how EVERYONE can make their dreams come true through crowdfunding." Lol... nothing about the vehicle, but they are impressed at her ability to bilk money from crowds to fund bullshit.

" A musician (Phoebe Lgere) will be seated atop the ShamanCycle, playing accordion, Native American flute, and singing Native American medicine chants. Her voice will be amplified by pedal and solar power. " Oh I see... the slaves will pedal their ass off, she will sit on top.

An artist who doesn't know which end of a screwdriver to hold has developed a revolutionary vehicle to solve all our energy needs! Yay!
I'll stop now but I could go on and on and on...

It'll be a cool mutant playa art vehicle though.
velvetmorning
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 6:01 pm
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby unjonharley » Thu May 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Goddammit, I think your hurt some whimps feelings
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8790
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby Elorrum » Thu May 23, 2013 6:32 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:So, wait, why not, instead of crowdfunding, we all just use the money we would have used to help other people make their dreams come true, we just fund our own dream coming true? If nothing else, we save time and the middlemen.

I like it, but it lacks the ponziesque element of getting more than you could provide for yourself.
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
User avatar
Elorrum
 
Posts: 4474
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:09 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu May 23, 2013 9:30 pm

velvetmorning wrote: The world is cruel enough!

You've convinced me. From now on I will no longer obey the laws of thermodynamics! Because if I clap my hands and believe in fairies (the other kind of fairies) anything can happen.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37413
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby mgb327 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:27 am

Why is the tune by Prince "When Doves Cry" playing in my head after reading velevetmornings' reply?
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.
User avatar
mgb327
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Somerset, Va.

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri May 24, 2013 8:28 am

Wow! i am planning on going to Burning Man this year for the first time and I'm very dismayed to see the toxic, unsupportive, to use his word "bullshit" from Capt. Goddammit. The ShamanCycle is a chance at a new way of looking at transportation. Why be such a naysayer , Dude? Seems like you have a lot of problems , seriously, why be such a downer? So jaded, so un-Burning Man, or what i thought would be un-BurningMan behavior. Chill and try Love. It can change your world! I really think the ShamanCycle is cool and totally support Phoebe Legere's vision for a better Art vehicle. I don't think you have the capacity to breathe, to get it. Best wishes to you, and good luck with your attitude! The world is cruel enough!



fuck page two.

and Fuck Your Day.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13851
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby unjonharley » Fri May 24, 2013 8:36 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Wow! i am planning on going to Burning Man this year for the first time and I'm very dismayed to see the toxic, unsupportive, to use his word "bullshit" from Capt. Goddammit. The ShamanCycle is a chance at a new way of looking at transportation. Why be such a naysayer , Dude? Seems like you have a lot of problems , seriously, why be such a downer? So jaded, so un-Burning Man, or what i thought would be un-BurningMan behavior. Chill and try Love. It can change your world! I really think the ShamanCycle is cool and totally support Phoebe Legere's vision for a better Art vehicle. I don't think you have the capacity to breathe, to get it. Best wishes to you, and good luck with your attitude! The world is cruel enough!



fuck page two.

and Fuck Your Day.


Hope your feeling are so hurt that you return you ticket to STEP.. Some un burner like person could use it.
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8790
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 24, 2013 9:45 am

I am suddenly reminded of the fact that I work with five people who work on transportation issues. To be sure, that does include highways, but the amount of work it takes to build a railway, or a subway system, or even a bus station is not trivial. I don't think that my colleagues would overlook something promising, but I also don't think they'd want to invest their time, and heart, and brain into a bunch of hooey.

All politics is local.

Any moment now Shamandome is going to tell us about how its uncle or grandfather invented a carburetor that ran on water.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37413
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri May 24, 2013 10:00 am

unjonharley wrote:
Simon of the Playa wrote:
Wow! i am planning on going to Burning Man this year for the first time and I'm very dismayed to see the toxic, unsupportive, to use his word "bullshit" from Capt. Goddammit. The ShamanCycle is a chance at a new way of looking at transportation. Why be such a naysayer , Dude? Seems like you have a lot of problems , seriously, why be such a downer? So jaded, so un-Burning Man, or what i thought would be un-BurningMan behavior. Chill and try Love. It can change your world! I really think the ShamanCycle is cool and totally support Phoebe Legere's vision for a better Art vehicle. I don't think you have the capacity to breathe, to get it. Best wishes to you, and good luck with your attitude! The world is cruel enough!



fuck page two.

and Fuck Your Day.


Hope your feeling are so hurt that you return you ticket to STEP.. Some un burner like person could use it.




actually, now that you mention it, i did....STEP sent me an email last week, but i was not expecting it so soon, and am dead broke, and do not want to borrow money.

so yeah, i gave up my step tickets, and will enter again.





shit happens, you deal with it, and move on....







or you can obsess about every fucking detail that may or may not happen so much so that it causes you to post stupid ass shit on a forum board.




first world problems.....It's a constant source of amusement.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13851
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby unjonharley » Fri May 24, 2013 10:04 am

(( :( simon :( ))
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8790
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Fri May 24, 2013 10:05 am

no wonder they put all of the east coast camps together on one side...




it's so they dont harsh the fucking californian's mellow.
one nation, under a groove.
User avatar
Roberto Dobbisano
 
Posts: 2654
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:54 pm
Location: Dobbidossola, Italy.

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri May 24, 2013 10:14 am

thanks unjon, but really, no worries.

I'll get tickets somehow.

where there is a will there is a way, and nothing can stop me from going to the playa if i want to go to the playa, plain and simple.


nothing.

i thought it was an interesting coincidence.

anyway, i have spent my last dollar over a thousand times, and right now, my net worth is, lets see.....43 cents.

seriously.....but, i have jobs coming in and i will make more of that paper stuff that people trade back and forth...and by hook or by selling space on my body, or furniturizing or upholstersizing, i'll make it somehow.

my point is, i guess....

Lighten the fuck up people.

seriously....It's a trip to the desert with a bunch of fuckos and dreamers, clowns and santas ninjas pirates sparkleponies unicorns and whatnot.

and it's all about play, including language and social dynamics.

so, begin your transition now/....here on eplaya, because we are actually the NICEST bunch of assholes you'll ever get advice from.



now back to your regular programming of blather, misunderstanding and butt-hurt over some bad jokes and even worse puns....








and get mommy, isotopia, AND liz estrada, a drink.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13851
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby unjonharley » Fri May 24, 2013 10:20 am

rhinoceros are fat unicorn
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8790
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby FIGJAM » Fri May 24, 2013 10:26 am

Can I be the whatnot?
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 7072
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri May 24, 2013 10:58 am

of course.



some of the Finest whatnots don't even know they Are one.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
User avatar
Simon of the Playa
 
Posts: 13851
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Rochester, Nevada.
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby EspressoDude » Fri May 24, 2013 7:50 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Any moment now Shamandome is going to tell us about how its uncle or grandfather invented a carburetor that ran on water.


All I know is my lawnmower doesn't run worth a damn if it gets left out in the rain and water gets into the gas. Probably missing the cosmic nebulizer or gastronomic vaporizer.
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
User avatar
EspressoDude
 
Posts: 4714
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: the first Vancouver

Re: Fundraiser: Shamandome is building a ShamanCycle

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 24, 2013 8:45 pm

EspressoDude wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:
Any moment now Shamandome is going to tell us about how its uncle or grandfather invented a carburetor that ran on water.


All I know is my lawnmower doesn't run worth a damn if it gets left out in the rain and water gets into the gas. Probably missing the cosmic nebulizer or gastronomic vaporizer.

Well, the car companies and gasoline companies killed Shamandome's grandfather to keep that a secret. So you don't have the good kind of carburetor. Alas.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37413
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017


Return to 2013 Support A Project

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests