Mooping in the default world

All things outside of Burning Man.

Mooping in the default world

Postby VultureChow » Wed May 01, 2013 4:37 pm

So.... long story short, my brother/employee/coworker, didn't do his job and the commericial property he manages hadn't had its spring cleanup. So my boss and I went to Wal-mart, bought work clothes and dragged my brother through 4 hours of hard core cleanup. We found things that had been around since construction. And pee jugs. Truckers are disgusting.

And as I cursed my brother, and hurt my back and legs, we managed to pick up 5 cubic yards of trash. About halfway through it, I realized I was mooping. And I was wearing my playa boots as I'm trying out some new insoles and I could feel my face burning and the dust in my nose, and for a good 40 minutes I felt like I was on the playa. So much so that when some kid drove by in his truck and yelled out that I was doing a good job, I beieved he meant it sincerely and wasan't just beng a smartass.

And we looked at the clean land and it felt fucking good. Not as good as the shower and beer when we got back to the hotel, but like we had done something good and real.

I'm going to go eat a lobster and some fried whole belly clams now, but it was a good day.
Send lawyers, guns and money - The shit has hit the fan.
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Cougar Camp @ Barbie Death Village

Re: Mooping in the default world

Postby clocksnmirrors » Wed May 01, 2013 4:41 pm

i love this post

thank you for caring
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee heee heee heeeee! *burp*
clocksnmirrors

Postby tatonka » Wed May 01, 2013 6:38 pm

[media]
winners never quit , quitters never win

4 wheels move the body , two wheels moves the soul

Music is the great healer of the soul
tatonka

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Postby VultureChow » Wed May 01, 2013 6:55 pm

clocksnmirrors wrote:i love this post

thank you for caring

It was (mostly) a sefish action. We own and manage the property, and we like to think we have a high standard for management. But it was clear that this was several years worth of trash (we just bought the building this month) and the drainage and settlement basins had never been mooped.

It was a change for me. My work is spreadsheets and brokers and contactors and projections. To get my ass dirty and sore from working on the side of a road was a change. I might even say a nice change. I hope my brother is woken up by the fact that the two people in business suits were willing to dress down and get dirty to do what needed to be done. What he should have done.
VultureChow

Postby VultureChow » Wed May 01, 2013 7:03 pm

tatonka wrote:
[media]

For an Italian guy, he could really sell it.

It was indeed a wakeup call regarding trash. Styrofoam cups that are 5 years old. Plastic bags at least that age. The shear volume of cigarette butts.

We were talking over dinner about some signs to post near the small area where four or five trucks can park overnight behind the building. They frequent the pumps in the back and the businesses in the center, so I don't want to ban them, but we were trying to think of what signs might encourage them to take better care of the area. We provide a porto-potty for the off hours and trash cans, but the porto is used as a trash can and the field used as potties.

I wonder if mild humor is more effective than just a simple insructive sign.
VultureChow

Postby tamarakay » Thu May 02, 2013 11:11 am

Install fake security cameras and a sign that you send bills for clean up to their home office
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby lemur » Thu May 02, 2013 11:25 am

Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby VultureChow » Thu May 02, 2013 4:02 pm

tamarakay wrote:Install fake security cameras and a sign that you send bills for clean up to their home office

Believe it or not, fake security cameras are a major liability for a commercial property. A woman was raped in a parking garage with fake cameras, and when she sued the proerty owner, she claimed, and the court agreed that the cameras created a false sense of security.

But my brother looks like a trucker. I might just have him stake out the area for a while and take pictures and send to the home office as needed.
VultureChow

Postby clocksnmirrors » Thu May 02, 2013 5:20 pm

VultureChow wrote:Believe it or not, fake security cameras are a major liability for a commercial property. A woman was raped in a parking garage with fake cameras, and when she sued the proerty owner, she claimed, and the court agreed that the cameras created a false sense of security.

if i were defending the property owner i would have argued that the rapist, believing the cameras to be real, was still not deterred. this makes the cameras irrelevant to her outcome. therefore the property owner was not responsible.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee heee heee heeeee! *burp*
clocksnmirrors

Postby unjonharley » Thu May 02, 2013 5:32 pm

I just had a word with the construction crew building a house across the street..

They wont be using my shade to drink there beer in. They won't be throwing there beer cans and dead 12 pack boxes in my woods ether..
unjonharley

Postby Thecatman » Sun May 05, 2013 10:18 am

Part of my duties at work, when assigned, is picking debris and litter along l-80 and other state highways in the Reno area, including piss bottles thrown out by, not just truckers, but who ever sees fit to use them. Drug runners come to mind. :evil:
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby Ugly Dougly » Sun May 05, 2013 11:22 am

When I go out hiking, I always carry a plastic bag for mooping anything I find out there.
If I find trash in the city, I don't always pick it up.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Gonzo Frothwood » Sun May 19, 2013 4:06 pm

I walk about 3 miles every day and take a plastic bag with me. This is My stretch of hiway and it is going to stay clean. I am known locally as "The Tuttletown Walker". Cal road 49 near Sonora. It will be clean.
"There is nothing so over-estimated as a piece of ass, and nothing so under-estimated as a good and greasy shit." Boneman Johnson
Gonzo Frothwood

Postby lemur » Sun May 19, 2013 7:43 pm

MOOPING IN THE DEFAULT WORLD?

hell yeah! i do it every day.

..i leave trash EVERYWEHRE, someones gonna pick it up, probably, and if not, who gives a fuck, its not like its a pristine nature preserve!

(ok not really im just amused at how 'mooping' as a verb means both dropping moop and picking moop up.. damned ambiguous hippies)
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby unjonharley » Mon May 20, 2013 8:08 am

Alright soldier, pick it up and field strip it :!:
unjonharley

Return to Open Discussion