Cali Virgin, hoping to make 2013 the best year ever!

Cali Virgin, hoping to make 2013 the best year ever!

Postby Brent.ithemighty » Fri May 10, 2013 3:41 pm

What's up burners?! My name is Brent Walsh, a musician from the SF Bay Area and I've wanted to go to burning man for years now. I've never been financially fortunate enough to be able to buy a ticket until this year, so I'm hoping that this online community will help me get there. My best friend and a few of our close buddies already have tickets
and a camp all mapped out that I can join so long as I find myself in the good graces of somebody willing to sell/trade with me for a ticket, I'm all set and in capable hands.

Ever since my friends went some odd years back, they always talk about how it's the best experience of their lives and that I would absolutely love it. I love meeting new people and hearing what new mind-opening lesson I could learn from any given individual from any walk of life.

So, if anybody out there can help me out, or knows how I could potentially get there, please hit me back.

I look forward to electronically meeting you and HOPEFULLY burning with you in the near future!

Thanks!
Brent

PS - (shameless promotion)
Check out my band, we're called: I the mighty
Brent.ithemighty

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Cali Virgin, hoping to make 2013 the best year ever!

Postby Savannah » Fri May 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi Brent!

Have you joined STEP? It's Burner to Burner ticket sales. It's a long line, but you may get lucky (there, or through other means).
http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php#step

There's also a last minute "OMG" sale.

Tell everyone you know you're looking--friends, family, co-workers. Plan as though you're going to go---read the Survival Guide linked below--several times, get your time off, save your money, make your shopping lists. Last year in August, the tickets from flooding out of the woodwork at face price and sometimes below. Those who were ready got to go.

Good luck!
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Brent.ithemighty » Fri May 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Thank you so much!
Brent.ithemighty

Postby Earthwalker » Fri May 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Do you have Facebook? Pm me your name and I'll suggest you friend the fb page for "I need/have tickets". You may be able to search for it too. Not sure

They're also bound to show up on craigslist as we get closer
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
Earthwalker

Camp Name: Trifucta

Postby Savannah » Fri May 10, 2013 7:53 pm

Oh yeah--look for the Regionals link at the top right of the main site. Join the mailing lists anywhere near you. Hit a few local events if you can; make friends. It's a good thing no matter what, for so many reasons--camaraderie, shared builds, rideshares, etc--but Burners also like to sell to other Burners.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Return to Introduce Yourself!