Movement Of Jah People Art Car is back for 2013

Planning to build and bring a mutant vehicle? Talk about your plans and recruit crew members here.

Re: Movement Of Jah People Art Car is back for 2013

Postby ygmir » Mon May 06, 2013 10:35 am

trilobyte wrote:And of course by fly off the handle you mean be respectful and turn it down until you get out into deep playa and all that MV sound policy stuff, of course.

Yellfire! wrote:
ygmir wrote:
Yellfire! wrote:
Every time I was asked to turn it down last year I was in open playa. One time I was 150 yards away from Heart Deco and they had a couple hundred people having a dance party. No one asked them to turn it down.

so, are you saying if someone politely asks you to turn it down, or move off, because you are drowning out their party and music, you will or won't?

I turned it down every time. I was kidding about flying off the handle. Even if I wasnt its Fucking Burning man in open playa . Its not like we rolled up on someones party and blasted them out. Im not an asshole. But when you are having a party of your own and you have 50 people dancing in front of the car and someone asks me to turn it down I may or may not turn it down depending on the conditions and scenario.

totally understandable, IMO, and reasonable. Thanks for clarifying. I just wanted to know, if you meant it that way.
many, with "big, mobile sound" will roll up on others who are enjoying themselves and just blast them out..........and that's a bummer.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Bless » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:53 am

I LOVE this art car! One of my favorites on the playa. Bless up!

Bless

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Yellfire! » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:10 am

Bless wrote:I LOVE this art car! One of my favorites on the playa. Bless up!

Thank you! You will see it in 38 days! *Gratitude*
There is something special about Burning Man and I'm frightened by those who don't see it.
Yellfire!

Postby Bless » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:20 am

Besides additional speakers, what else have you added/changed to the art car this year?

P.S. I still rock my MOJP necklace all the time!
Bless

Postby Yellfire! » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:46 am

Bless wrote:Besides additional speakers, what else have you added/changed to the art car this year?

P.S. I still rock my MOJP necklace all the time!

Lighting, metal skirt, air bags for more load capacity, Powder coated the lion head, addition seating, and railings.
There is something special about Burning Man and I'm frightened by those who don't see it.
Yellfire!

Postby Maxx » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:54 am

Yellfire! wrote:
trilobyte wrote:And of course by fly off the handle you mean be respectful and turn it down until you get out into deep playa and all that MV sound policy stuff, of course.

Every time I was asked to turn it down last year I was in open playa. One time I was 150 yards away from Heart Deco and they had a couple hundred people having a dance party. No one asked them to turn it down.

Last year you were asked in a residential area to turn it down and you didn't. I personally watched someone scream at you "TURN IT DOWN!!" and your campmates smiled and waved. It was so loud that I am guessing that Jah probably thought that the outraged yelling was a whoop of excitement. Last year you constantly played music, speeches and random sound effects around the clock at sound camp volume in a residential part of the city, and a year later people still haven't stopped talking about how upset they were with "Jah the One-Love-My-Ass" camp. I hope you are more respectful this year. I'm tired of hearing about how upset people from various camps are with you.

And regarding what you said about "going off" if the BM org asks you to turn it down- please be more respectful of them, too. If you don't like how things are run here in Black Rock City, go start your own party somewhere else.
Maxx Destrukt
aka
BAM BAM
Maxx

Burning Since: 2003

Postby Wrainy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:53 am

Bam Bam wasn't talking about Open Playa, she was talking about your conduct with your neighbors in the 3:00 Sector last year. I was camped near you guys and I have never, in all my Burns, experienced such rudeness from neighbors. You were told by several different people to turn it down so we could sleep. Rooster noises, speeches, yelling in a megaphone, and music, during the few moments of the day where all your neighbors were trying to sleep. This happened all week long. People went over there, and there was no one dancing, just your camp laughing and yelling insults. No one thought it was funny. I honestly have never heard so many people complain about a theme camp before.

Open playa is one thing. 4:30 am when the rest of the block is asleep isn't. Part of having sound is being respectful of your surroundings. This is something I hope you guys work on this year. You should camp on the Sound Camp side of town and not in the residential area.

My camp also has sound, but we are respectful. We kept it down during the quieter times in the wee hours of morning. I hope you guys changed more than just adding more speakers. I hope you learned that it's everyones Burn and not just yours. Respect is something to be earned.
Wrainy

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: DPW

Postby Yellfire! » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:59 am

I think you may have me confused with Reggae on the playa camp. I did not and have never played speeches and or sound effects. I know that that camp had some issues like that and kept camp 11 11 up one night with a bull horn and music.

You could be right about driving by with loud music in the city and being asked to turn it down and I will be more conscious of that this year. Generally people love the reggae vibe and will come out into the streets dancing and we will have to stop because of it.

Thanks for the comment and I hope you have a good burn.
Yellfire!

Postby Yellfire! » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:03 am

I am not part of non do I know anyone in camp Reggae on the playa. I did not have a theme camp. I have an art car that rarely if ever played music in camp. You have me confused with someone else.
Yellfire!

Postby GreyCoyote » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:17 am

Neat MV, but our camp had the same issues as several expressed above. Several 4am driveby-and-stops with enough volume to crack eggs. Nobody was dancing, and we never understood the reason for your stops. Your response to several nice requests from one of our female campers was "fuck you / its Burning Man".

A little acoustic consideration while driving the city would be appreciated, and would go a long way towards reconciling your expressed philosophy with your real-world actions.

But I got to admit the lion face was epic!
"Give me an underground laboratory, a half a dozen atom smashers, and a beautiful girl in a diaphanous veil waiting to be turned into a chimpanzee, and I care NOT who writes this nations laws"!
GreyCoyote

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Bless » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:17 am

it must be a mix-up. you guys would never cause ill vibes

Bless

Postby GreyCoyote » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:21 am

RETRACTION!!!!

Wrong art car!!!
"Give me an underground laboratory, a half a dozen atom smashers, and a beautiful girl in a diaphanous veil waiting to be turned into a chimpanzee, and I care NOT who writes this nations laws"!
GreyCoyote

Postby Bless » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:24 am

GreyCoyote wrote:RETRACTION!!!!

Wrong art car!!!

I'm glad we finally cleared that up! :D
Bless

Postby GreyCoyote » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:27 am

There was another art car. I just found a picture of it elsewhere. Not the Jah-boys.

My bad. Forgiveness requested!
GreyCoyote

Postby Yellfire! » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:35 am

GreyCoyote wrote:There was another art car. I just found a picture of it elsewhere. Not the Jah-boys.

Thank you for clearing that up. :-)
Yellfire!

Postby Maxx » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:48 am

Yellfire! wrote:I think you may have me confused with Reggae on the playa camp. I did not and have never played speeches and or sound effects. I know that that camp had some issues like that and kept camp 11 11 up one night with a bull horn and music.

You could be right about driving by with loud music in the city and being asked to turn it down and I will be more conscious of that this year. Generally people love the reggae vibe and will come out into the streets dancing and we will have to stop because of it.

Hey there-

You sound genuinely confused, and I believe that your intentions are good, and that you honestly don't know what folks in here are talking about. It sounds like you were probably trying to be cool and maybe some of the folks you were camped with weren't so cool. This was not the Reggae on the playa camp; this was a camp called Jah with the big super-cool Jah bus parked in the camp with people up on a tower set up inside the camp, making all of the noises described here. We all know it's Burning Man. I've been an obnoxious, pranking jackass on many an occasion. Don't forget where a ton of the Burning Man culture started- in part with the Cacophony Society in the late 80's/early 90's era. But some of the things we're talking about are less prankster behavior and more simply thoughtless. I hope that makes sense.

Look, we love the traditional Jah beliefs and all that great stuff. I think your camp concept sounds badass. There just were a lot of people complaining about your camp who were parked in your sector all week. Folks'd probably love you and the vibe you say you want to create if the extra-obnoxious stuff hadn't happened, and I think that this year if you guys stay cool, you'd probably have more friends in here. So, if you could, as someone from Jah who wants to spread happiness and not frustration, keep your less cool camp mates in check, the rest of your sector would really appreciate it.

I hope you have a great Burn too, and please know that I say all this in peace.
Maxx Destrukt
aka
BAM BAM
Maxx

Postby Maxx » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:52 am

Maxx wrote:
Yellfire! wrote:I think you may have me confused with Reggae on the playa camp. I did not and have never played speeches and or sound effects. I know that that camp had some issues like that and kept camp 11 11 up one night with a bull horn and music.

Hey there-

You sound genuinely confused, and I believe that your intentions are good, and that you honestly don't know what folks in here are talking about. It sounds like you were probably trying to be cool and maybe some of the folks you were camped with weren't so cool. This was not the Reggae on the playa camp; this was a camp called Jah with the big super-cool Jah bus parked in the camp with people up on a tower set up inside the camp, making all of the noises described here. We all know it's Burning Man. I've been an obnoxious, pranking jackass on many an occasion. Don't forget where a ton of the Burning Man culture started- in part with the Cacophony Society in the late 80's/early 90's era. But some of the things we're talking about are less prankster behavior and more simply thoughtless. I hope that makes sense.

Look, we love the traditional Jah beliefs and all that great stuff. I think your camp concept sounds badass. There just were a lot of people complaining about your camp who were parked in your sector all week. Folks'd probably love you and the vibe you say you want to create if the extra-obnoxious stuff hadn't happened, and I think that this year if you guys stay cool, you'd probably have more friends in here. So, if you could, as someone from Jah who wants to spread happiness and not frustration, keep your less cool camp mates in check, the rest of your sector would really appreciate it.

And if you weren't camped in the 3:00 sector last year, then someone has a bus that looks just like the one you've posted online, and I really do apologize for any wrongful accusation.
Maxx Destrukt
aka
BAM BAM
Maxx

Postby Yellfire! » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Maxx wrote:
Maxx wrote:

Hey there-

I don't think you understand. I didn't have a theme camp. I was camped outside of theme camp territory at about 320 and g facing the man. We were camped right next to Reggae on the playa by coincidence and they did have many complaints. I/we were not friends with or know any of them. Sorry for the confusion and I would not tolerate anyone that I camped with to act that way. We are camping in camp Walter this year. At 3 and E. Come see me and talk to me in person if you'd like to learn more about me and my camp mates.

And if you weren't camped in the 3:00 sector last year, then someone has a bus that looks just like the one you've posted online, and I really do apologize for any wrongful accusation.
Yellfire!

Postby Yellfire! » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:02 pm

GreyCoyote wrote:There was another art car. I just found a picture of it elsewhere. Not the Jah-boys.

Can you post that picture you are talking about please? My car is called Movement Of Jah People and I was not affiliated with any theme camps of any sort last year.
Yellfire!

Postby Yellfire! » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Maxx wrote:
Yellfire! wrote:

Last year you were asked in a residential area to turn it down and you didn't. I personally watched someone scream at you "TURN IT DOWN!!" and your campmates smiled and waved. It was so loud that I am guessing that Jah probably thought that the outraged yelling was a whoop of excitement. Last year you constantly played music, speeches and random sound effects around the clock at sound camp volume in a residential part of the city, and a year later people still haven't stopped talking about how upset they were with "Jah the One-Love-My-Ass" camp. I hope you are more respectful this year. I'm tired of hearing about how upset people from various camps are with you.

And regarding what you said about "going off" if the BM org asks you to turn it down- please be more respectful of them, too. If you don't like how things are run here in Black Rock City, go start your own party somewhere else.

Maxx,

Do you not have any reply to my posts above. Id like to get this cleared up.
Yellfire!

Postby Yellfire! » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:40 pm

Wrainy wrote:Bam Bam wasn't talking about Open Playa, she was talking about your conduct with your neighbors in the 3:00 Sector last year. I was camped near you guys and I have never, in all my Burns, experienced such rudeness from neighbors. You were told by several different people to turn it down so we could sleep. Rooster noises, speeches, yelling in a megaphone, and music, during the few moments of the day where all your neighbors were trying to sleep. This happened all week long. People went over there, and there was no one dancing, just your camp laughing and yelling insults. No one thought it was funny. I honestly have never heard so many people complain about a theme camp before.

Open playa is one thing. 4:30 am when the rest of the block is asleep isn't. Part of having sound is being respectful of your surroundings. This is something I hope you guys work on this year. You should camp on the Sound Camp side of town and not in the residential area.

My camp also has sound, but we are respectful. We kept it down during the quieter times in the wee hours of morning. I hope you guys changed more than just adding more speakers. I hope you learned that it's everyones Burn and not just yours. Respect is something to be earned.

Do you have any response to my posts above? I am not the person or people you accuse me of being. I hope that if you believe me. You are definitely talking about Reggae on the Playa camped at 310 and G. I dont even know who the Jah boys are.

Thank you.
Yellfire!

Postby Yellfire! » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:02 pm

Maxx wrote:
Maxx wrote:

Hey there-

Im sorry this is really concerning me now and It is potentially effecting my placement this year now.

I have never heard of Jah Camp. I did not have a tower in my camp. Reggae on the Playa did have a tower in their camp, they were making sounds and playing music at all hours of the night and got many complaints. I will post a picture of Reggae on the Playa soon.

I was not in theme camp territory I was camped at about 315 or 320 and G in between Reggae on the Playa and Surly camp. Hepkitten the 3 sector placement person put me there when we arrived with ea passes.

I nor any of my camp mates ever received complaints or requests to turn music down while in camp. I was respectful of ALL requests to turn music down while in open playa and that is the only place we were asked to turn it down and I did.

If you know any of this to be true please post a reply to help me clear up this issue. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you
Ian AKA Kind
Yellfire!

Postby Yellfire! » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:17 pm

Reggae on the Playa. I was camped directly to the right on them in this pic but not related to them in any way. They were not my friends and they never once came over and introduced themselves to me.
Yellfire!

Postby illy dilly » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Yellfire! wrote:
Wrainy wrote:Bam Bam wasn't talking about Open Playa, she was talking about your conduct with your neighbors in the 3:00 Sector last year. I was camped near you guys and I have never, in all my Burns, experienced such rudeness from neighbors. You were told by several different people to turn it down so we could sleep. Rooster noises, speeches, yelling in a megaphone, and music, during the few moments of the day where all your neighbors were trying to sleep. This happened all week long. People went over there, and there was no one dancing, just your camp laughing and yelling insults. No one thought it was funny. I honestly have never heard so many people complain about a theme camp before.

Do you have any response to my posts above? I am not the person or people you accuse me of being. I hope that if you believe me. You are definitely talking about Reggae on the Playa camped at 310 and G. I dont even know who the Jah boys are.

Thank you.

THIS IS ABSOLUTE BULL SHIT!!!

This is nothing but a bunch of idiots that don't know what they're talking about running their mouths. Half this is "My friend told my friend, who told me..."

We, Gnome Dome, camped at 3:15 (3:14 side) and G last year. The only camp between Gnome Dome and Jah People was Reggae on the playa. Maybe one little solo camp tucked in there, that went unnoticed.
Reggae on the Playa had all sorts of issues last year!!! From multiple noise complaints, BRC Rangers stopping into tell them to be quite, ESD-Fire telling them they need to be more careful, and even Placement had issues with them.
We sat watching from the other side of 3:15, with Hep Kitten the placer for that section, watching them set up all talking about "Damn, one of these kids is going to get hurt."

All these people complaining are just a bunch of little gossip girls! They all heard from their friend that the Reggae camp on G sorta near 3 was too loud and disrespectful.
This is wack! Two camps, both with Reggae themes are next to each other, SO they must be the same camp!

Yellfire! wrote:I was not in theme camp territory I was camped at about 315 or 320 and G in between Reggae on the Playa and Surly camp. Hepkitten the 3 sector placement person put me there when we arrived with ea passes.

Exactly! Right next to another reggae camp.
G was sort of last minute placement, BIG art cars, and people, like us, that asked to back the Burbs. Straight from Placement they're starting to put a lot of the bigger art cars on G, because its wider and safer for the bigger cars.

This sorta things pisses me off.
Bunch of know nothings talking shit, when they don't even have all the facts.
3.15 CAMPS.jpg
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Maxx » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Yellfire! wrote:

Thank you.

Hey there,

Sorry, I hadn't had a chance to check email or ePlaya until now.

I don't have any pictures unfortunately, but I 100% believe you. The best I can do is to tell people that we spoke online and that you were not affiliated with them when I hear folks talking. I hope that helps - and that you have a great Burn.
Maxx Destrukt
aka
BAM BAM
Maxx

Postby Yellfire! » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Maxx wrote:
Yellfire! wrote:

Thank you.

Hey there,

Sorry, I hadn't had a chance to check email or ePlaya until now.

I don't have any pictures unfortunately, but I 100% believe you. The best I can do is to tell people that we spoke online and that you were not affiliated with them when I hear folks talking. I hope that helps - and that you have a great Burn.

Thank you and if you see me on Playa in the car please stop me and say hi. Id like to give you a hug.
Yellfire!

Postby Yellfire! » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:19 pm

illy dilly wrote:
Yellfire! wrote:

Thank you.

This is nothing but a bunch of idiots that don't know what they're talking about running their mouths. Half this is "My friend told my friend, who told me..."

We, Gnome Dome, camped at 3:15 (3:14 side) and G last year. The only camp between Gnome Dome and Jah People was Reggae on the playa. Maybe one little solo camp tucked in there, that went unnoticed.
Reggae on the Playa had all sorts of issues last year!!! From multiple noise complaints, BRC Rangers stopping into tell them to be quite, ESD-Fire telling them they need to be more careful, and even Placement had issues with them.
We sat watching from the other side of 3:15, with Hep Kitten the placer for that section, watching them set up all talking about "Damn, one of these kids is going to get hurt."

All these people complaining are just a bunch of little gossip girls! They all heard from their friend that the Reggae camp on G sorta near 3 was too loud and disrespectful.
This is wack! Two camps, both with Reggae themes are next to each other, SO they must be the same camp!

Yellfire! wrote:I was not in theme camp territory I was camped at about 315 or 320 and G in between Reggae on the Playa and Surly camp. Hepkitten the 3 sector placement person put me there when we arrived with ea passes.

G was sort of last minute placement, BIG art cars, and people, like us, that asked to back the Burbs. Straight from Placement they're starting to put a lot of the bigger art cars on G, because its wider and safer for the bigger cars.

3.15 CAMPS.jpg

Thank you thank you thank you. Love you.

This makes me feel better. :)
Yellfire!

Postby Maxx » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:42 pm

illy dilly wrote:
Yellfire! wrote:

Thank you.

3.15 CAMPS.jpg

Hey Gnome,

Let's stay cool, okay? Nobody is trying to talk shit here. Wrainy and I were camped right next to you Gnomes, you were awesome. And this means we were right by the camp being discussed. I personally had direct negative interactions with the "bad" reggae camp that I have not and am not bringing up here, which is why I've been vague, and that's all I'm saying about it... and I had no idea there was a cool person right next to them. That is really unfortunate backlash for some undeserving folks. Now that is cleared up, as you'll see in my other post. Since the two camps were next to each other, this was a very easy mistake to make. My words in this thread were based on both personal interactions that I had with the loud folks and discussions with other people who had camped in the neighborhood, so personally I was trying to avoid any she said-he said stuff, and I know Wrainy was as well; we spoke in person about this.

Jah People, I apologize for stressing you out here, and I apologize if my attempt to be civil failed. I'd like to drop buy Walter and bring ya a drink. That sound cool?

I'm off to playa in a couple days to work, so can't keep up with this thread too much longer. Don't take any falling off the conversation the wrong way.

It's Burn time. Let's have a good time. Like I said, I wish you luck and I'll do what I can to clear up misunderstandings when I hear folks talking. Hopefully by Playa time things will have cleared up for you.

Peace, all.

Maxx
Maxx Destrukt
aka
BAM BAM
Maxx

Postby Wrainy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:46 pm

What Maxx said. I was camped next to The Space Gnomes at 3:00 and G. It is unfortunate that your art car got a bad name due to being placed by "Reggae on the playa". Your car is seriously a work of art, but the bad Reggae camp was awful. Please accept my sincerest apology, and we didn't know they put two camps so simliar next to each other. I feel bad that this escalated so quickly and a bit out of control.

We leave to work DPW in a couple of days, so we will be both falling off this thread. Please do not take offense.

I will stop by Camp Walter with Maxx and "buy" you a drink. We are camped right by Walter this year. Let's be friendly neighbors and enjoy the burn. The 3:00 sector is going to awesome this year!
Wrainy

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: DPW

Postby Bless » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Yay!! Reconciliation!!! Jah bless!!!!! :D :D :D
Bless

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Mutant Vehicles