MV EA Passes?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

MV EA Passes?

Postby peltman » Wed May 01, 2013 10:15 am

Hey folks,

I just realized yesterday afternoon that I completely screwed up on the Theme Camp Deadline, as we were just too excited about our new MV project this year. Because of that, we won't be getting placement, and I was wondering if anyone knows, do MVs without placement ever get EA passes? Our project will take quite a bit of assembly when we get to the playa, and we'd like to have it ready for when the masses start to get into the city on Sunday night.

Thanks!
peltman

Re: MV EA Passes?

Postby lemur » Wed May 01, 2013 10:29 am

yes DMV does offer some EAs to some MV owners.. but as to which ones get access and why or how.. i dont know.

getting a DMV ea for a mutant vehicle so you can build the theme camp you fucked up on probably isnt the best way to go about things..

itd be funny if amazingly your MV took 2-3 days to assemble, you know, all of the sudden, you realized this, after you fucked up on yer paperwork for a theme camp.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby peltman » Wed May 01, 2013 12:08 pm

Haha - thanks for that. The idea isn't that we're trying to use this as a vessel to get EA, but that our plan for the MV is definitely a "some assembly required" concept, that we'd like to have a little time on playa to work out. Yeah, we screwed up on the TC app, so that part of the team is going to have to revert to plan B, but the vehicle crew still has their stuff to get built.

We'll see, I suppose - only real way to know is to put in our app and try. Just thought someone here might know.
peltman

Postby Savannah » Wed May 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Yep . . . get your MV accepted first. That deadline is quickly approaching--you have until May 15, 2013 at 12:00 noon Pacific Time. Look for a place on the questionnaire to list the time you need to assemble and prep the MV. You'll could state how much time & why, & how many people you need to assemble it, and to be as precise as you can. If there is absolutely no place to state this on the app, get the application in and email the DMV Hotties later. EA tends to lag behind other things.

Good luck!
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Return to Transportation