Barbie Death Village Reno Hotel Deal 2013

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Barbie Death Village Reno Hotel Deal 2013

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:44 am

Your friends and collegues at Barbie Death Village have once again arranged, not only for ourselves but for our fellow ePlayans, another terrific hotel deal in Reno for those coming to or from the playa needing a place to stay for the night. The Sands Regency has taken down an entire floor of rooms just for burners! Here are the dates and rates:

Monday August 19 to Thursday August 22: $30
Friday August 23 and Saturday August 24: $60
Sunday August 25 to Thursday August 29: $30
Friday August 30 and Saturday August 31: $60
Sunday September 1: $80
Monday September 2 to Thursday September 5: $27

These figure do not include any applicable taxes. For those of you flying or driving a long distance into Reno looking for a good place to stay, this is a very good deal. Just ask your fellow burners who have taken advantange of it for the past two years. They have free shuttles to and from the airport, a free Jacuzzi, sauna, steambath, large swimming pool, and ice machines on every floor. The rooms are mostly double queens (there are a few kings available) and hold up to four people, 12 if you're sponsoring the orgy.

You will need to call: (866) FUNSTAY [(866) 386-7829] and ask for BURNING13.

Never let it be said that the best damn theme camp on the playa doesn't give back to the community.

[edited by moderator: this has been given an exception approval from Burning Man and has been made a Sticky Thread in Share Resources]
[additional moderator edit to reflect the updates/revisions in this post]
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Barbie Death Village Reno Hotel Deal 2013

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:51 am

YAY BDC!

*cough*.. so this certainly raises the bar for commerce on eplaya.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby lemur » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:57 am

duh. i thought we set the bar last year with plug n play camps [edit: and raffles! (cant forget those)].

it was something like this:

'if it benefits burning man in some nebulous way and money changes hands off playa.. hellz yeah commerce rules'
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:12 am

But wait, THERE'S MORE!!

junglesmacks

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:21 am

lemur wrote:duh. i thought we set the bar last year with plug n play camps [edit: and raffles! (cant forget those)].

it was something like this:

'if it benefits burning man in some nebulous way and money changes hands off playa.. hellz yeah commerce rules'

Lemur, just so you know, I do not (nor anyone else associated with our camp or TTITD) make penny one off of this. We do it because we care. Period. Just trying to help. I don't even get so much as a comped room; if I stayed there I'd pay full freight just like everyone else. We're just trying to show the love, man.
Dr. Pyro

Postby lemur » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:26 am

HEY

why was my ENTIRE post removed?! surely it could have stayed with some redactions..... right.. i mean, all i did was post the exact same info that is already posted in the first post in a different way.

i guess it matters how someone posted the same info in a different way..

i guess we could bring it back to life, in the spirit of a history of eplaya that is uninterrupted by jackbooted thugs with rubber truncheons (edited for content of course)
lemur wrote:i didnt mention any of that stuff.. i was respondin to the 'set the bar' comment

but now that you have said some of that stuff! lets include this..

LOGO OF SANDS REGENCY REDACTED BECAUSE POSTING THE LOGO IS BLATENT ADVERTISING (without the logo its just advertising, not blatent advertising)

(866) FUNSTAY [(866) 386-7829] and ask for BURN13. <--- large font sizes are blatent advertising small ones arent, this font size was made smaller to make the impact of this advert less blatent

http://www.URL REDACTED, mentioning where this advert leads to is blatent advertising

123 Cherry Tree Lane
North Pole, 1234 <-- you dont need to know where youre staying!

Committed to Responsible Gaming - Affinity Gaming, LLC adheres to the American Gaming Association (AGA) Code of Conduct for Responsible Gaming. Our company takes steps to promote responsible gaming. The AGA Code of Conduct represents a broad commitment by the entire gaming industry to make the public aware of responsible gaming resources, and incorporates responsible gaming into business operations.

eplaya.. burning man.. where every rule has an exception and every exception is OK.. so long as its not so blatent that people start thinking we are a buncha hypocritical jackasses
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:10 am

lemur wrote:eplaya.. burning man.. where every rule has an exception and every exception is OK.. so long as its not so blatent that people start thinking we are a buncha hypocritical jackasses

At this point, it's just laughable... because guess what? It is that blatant.

:lol:
junglesmacks

Postby Morrell » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:17 am

Never let it be said that the best damn theme camp on the playa doesn't give back to the community.

You ROCK Doc!!!!!
Morrell

Burning Since: 2007

Postby socks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:16 pm

How is the parking for trailers ?
An unintelligible passionate yearning drove them out into the desert
T.E. Lawrence
socks

Postby danibel » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Thanks for posting. I still haven't figured out my arrival and departure days yet. It's looking like I may not be able to leave Santa Cruz until late Tuesday night. The good news is that it is likely we will be staying on the playa until Tuesday morning after the burn! Yay! I really enjoyed Monday night as the playa emptied. We rode around and watched the ship be dismantled and hung out at the fire that was the man while some guy was building a bridge. My sweetie loves the light on the playa at sunrise and sunset so he was busy snapping pictures. Here is one of me blowing you a kiss!

index14.jpeg
index14.jpeg (31.84 KiB) Viewed 8781 times
In dust we trust.
danibel

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Camp D'nile

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:05 pm

socks wrote:How is the parking for trailers ?

Parking for trailers is fine. They have a covered lot around back, which is not good for trailers obviously, but the front of the Sands along Arlington is huge and right across the street (on the north side) there is room for trailers and RVs as well. Though the Sands is by no means as up-to-date or as posh as say The SIlver Legacy or The Atlantis, for most burners it fills the bill very nicely, especially if you have a trialer or RV. The only negative, and this is true no matter where you stay, is that trailers can be targeted by thieves, so plan accordingly.
Dr. Pyro

Postby oscillator » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:51 pm

Keep in mind all water sports close @ 9pm. You know, so they can change the alkaline filters.
oscillator

Postby socks » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Dr,
Thanks
An unintelligible passionate yearning drove them out into the desert
T.E. Lawrence
socks

Postby Hille » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Awesome, thank you!
Hille

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:21 am

<BUMP>

Just had an email from one of our newbies asking about the deal. Don't know if she reads the ePlaya or not, but there are new burners coming on board every day, so this is something they should all be aware of. Especially if you are spending Monday night (Labor Day night) in Reno, $27 is a helluva good deal.
Dr. Pyro

Postby Asquared » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:40 pm

i got mine!!! thanks doc!
"Settle down you two and play nice - or no dubstep for either." mdmf007
"Just look for camp 'Bad Mother Fucker' and ask for Jules." Supafly_fresh
Asquared

Postby Madman412 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Totally weird, they never asked me for any CC info, is that normal?
Madman412

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Not for friends of mine.
Dr. Pyro

Postby Madman412 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:33 pm

Thanks! Can't wait to find BDV on the playa!
Madman412

Postby Super Evil Brian » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:04 pm

lemur wrote:HEY

why was my ENTIRE post removed?! surely it could have stayed with some redactions..... right.. i mean, all i did was post the exact same info that is already posted in the first post in a different way.

i guess it matters how someone posted the same info in a different way..

i guess we could bring it back to life, in the spirit of a history of eplaya that is uninterrupted by jackbooted thugs with rubber truncheons (edited for content of course)
lemur wrote:i didnt mention any of that stuff.. i was respondin to the 'set the bar' comment

but now that you have said some of that stuff! lets include this..

LOGO OF SANDS REGENCY REDACTED BECAUSE POSTING THE LOGO IS BLATENT ADVERTISING (without the logo its just advertising, not blatent advertising)

(866) FUNSTAY [(866) 386-7829] and ask for BURN13. <--- large font sizes are blatent advertising small ones arent, this font size was made smaller to make the impact of this advert less blatent

http://www.URL REDACTED, mentioning where this advert leads to is blatent advertising

123 Cherry Tree Lane
North Pole, 1234 <-- you dont need to know where youre staying!

Committed to Responsible Gaming - Affinity Gaming, LLC adheres to the American Gaming Association (AGA) Code of Conduct for Responsible Gaming. Our company takes steps to promote responsible gaming. The AGA Code of Conduct represents a broad commitment by the entire gaming industry to make the public aware of responsible gaming resources, and incorporates responsible gaming into business operations.

eplaya.. burning man.. where every rule has an exception and every exception is OK.. so long as its not so blatent that people start thinking we are a buncha hypocritical jackasses

He's sharing a deal on a hotel. Not all of us live within a one-day travel.

I know, crazy, right? A few of us actually don't live in Reno or San Francisco. Some of us don't have RVs or unlimited financial resources, so saving a little money is a good thing. For many of us, Burning Man is expensive and a fucking miracle to pull off.

This isn't advertising. If it were, then every time someone mentions a brand of tent, shoe or sex toy in ePlaya it would have to be redacted.

This hotel is smart enough to know if they give a deal to the huge influx of travelers they can make some money. I don't give a shit, I'm stoked to have an inexpensive room for my last shower and bed before BRC, and after. (Assuming I can get my ticket and finances in order). They're not the only ones who make some money on burners. The only time I set foot in a Walmart was to buy some last minute supplies in Reno. It turns out I saw someone I met in Austin, but that's another story.

I despise Walmart on many levels, but I gave them my money. I gave oil corporations my money also to make the 4,000-mile round trip.
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.
Super Evil Brian

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Super Evil Brian » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Your friends and collegues at Barbie Death Village have once again arranged, not only for ourselves but for our fellow ePlayans, another terrific hotel deal in Reno for those coming to or from the playa needing a place to stay for the night. The Sands Regency has taken down an entire floor of rooms just for burners! Here are the dates and rates:

Friday August 23 and Saturday August 24: $57
Sunday August 25 to Thursday August 29: $27
Friday August 30 to Sunday September 1: $57
Monday September 2 to Thursday September 5: $27

These figure do not include any applicable taxes. For those of you flying or driving a long distance into Reno looking for a good place to stay, this is a very good deal. Just ask your fellow burners who have taken advantange of it for the past two years. They have free shuttles to and from the airport, a free Jacuzzi, sauna, steambath, large swimming pool, and ice machines on every floor. The rooms are mostly double queens (there are a few kings available) and hold up to four people, 12 if you're sponsoring the orgy.

You will need to call: (866) FUNSTAY [(866) 386-7829] and ask for BURN13.

[edited by moderator: this has been given an exception approval from Burning Man and has been made a Sticky Thread in Share Resources]

Thanks for setting this up. I wish they did give you an extra break on a room or at least some extra doughnuts or something.
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.
Super Evil Brian

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Though some of you think I'm a dick, in my 14 years going to the playa I recognized long ago we help one another. That's why Felony Arson and I opened this up to everyone: because we care about our fellow burners. We're glad to help...and we don't even stay there! (We live within six hours of the playa.)
Dr. Pyro

Postby pink » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:36 am

Hey Doc, I live in Sacramento and after striking the last of camp on Tuesday in a whiteout, delivering leftover supplies to the food bank on the reservation (and scarfing down an Indian taco), plus getting the Wee Beastie hosed off, the last thing I wanted to do was continue on to Sac. By the time we hit Reno it was mid afternoon, and I was hot, tired, and very dusty. Meeting back up with some of my burner buddies in the Sands parking lot was an extra bonus, and helped decompression just a little bit.

I'm grateful that you hook up this deal for us! I'll be booking on the way in, and the way out.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:10 am

You're welcome pink! I appreciate the kind words. Stop by and say hi, either during the week or during the Meet & Greet. Oh, I don't suppose you're capable of working like a slave on several art vehicles are you? (Just kidding!)
Dr. Pyro

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed May 01, 2013 7:36 am

Pink!!! If you are staying until the Tuesday again please look for us at the Sands, gosh, walking into the buffet there and seeing so many beloved Burners is just...

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby Drawingablank » Wed May 01, 2013 8:17 am

MyDearFriend wrote:Pink!!! If you are staying until the Tuesday again please look for us at the Sands, gosh, walking into the buffet there and seeing so many beloved Burners is just...

Definitely. It is great seeing so many familiar faces there - usually while standing outside having a smoke, but also at the buffet.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed May 01, 2013 7:24 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:Pink!!! If you are staying until the Tuesday again please look for us at the Sands, gosh, walking into the buffet there and seeing so many beloved Burners is just...

Just think of all the burners you might have seen, if they'd been able to get into the buffet.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby pink » Tue May 14, 2013 1:31 am

We couldn't get into the buffet either. Going out for a smoke was old home week. DAB, Cryptofishie, Graidawg...it was like an informal M & G.

And yes, MDF, definitely staying until Tuesday!
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby bm_cricket » Sat May 25, 2013 9:54 pm

Does anyone know the last time this worked? I just tried getting a room on the 31st of August and they were quoting me at $80+Tax. Kind'a weird. They also wanted to use the code Burning13, not Burn13. Anyway, have any of you had this experience? I plan to call them next week to try during regular business hours. Maybe I'll get another answer.

PS, THANK YOU FOR SETTING THIS UP! ALL CAPS! WOO!
)'(
bm_cricket

Burning Since: 2008

Postby knowmad » Sun May 26, 2013 2:43 am

bm_cricket wrote:Does anyone know the last time this worked? I just tried getting a room on the 31st of August and they were quoting me at $80+Tax. Kind'a weird. They also wanted to use the code Burning13, not Burn13. Anyway, have any of you had this experience? I plan to call them next week to try during regular business hours. Maybe I'll get another answer.

PS, THANK YOU FOR SETTING THIS UP! ALL CAPS! WOO!

GWadDamn! BM Cricket ! Aint seenyou fer ever!@!!
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
knowmad

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Next

Return to 2013 Share Resources