Sacred Spaces looking for new playmates

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Sacred Spaces looking for new playmates

Postby veleda » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Dear burner peeps

Sacred Spaces is continuing to evolve, expand, and learn from our experiences co-creating Sacred Space on the playa each year. We're looking for veterans and newbies alike.. who want to both experience and create a more intention and spiritual burn. We are a visionary art, healing, teaching, and sacred music camp (both live and electronic)

We do cool stuff: www.sacredspacesvillage.org - check out our video from last year for a taste of who we are..

During the day we offer yoga, workshops, massage, and acoustic music. At sunset we offer intimacy circles and nightly rituals. At night we offer acoustic and electronic music and dance, fire & silk performance, and a tea sanctuary. We're a large community of workshop leaders, musicians, artists, builders, healers, and food artisans from a large variety of spiritual backgrounds - Pagan, Buddhist, Hindu, Humanist, New Age, Native, Jewish, Tantric, etc.

We're a large community of people from around the world but we have strong clusters in San Francisco CA, Los Angeles CA, Ashland OR, Asheville NC, and Chicago IL. We have a newly forming NY community.
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Re: Sacred Spaces looking for new playmates

Postby ahhlana » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 am

Hiiii there!

Stumbled upon your post looking for new playmates and was really intrigued by the Sacred Spaces camp and what you guys are all about. I currently live in NYC and was super excited to read that you have a new community forming here. Would love to help out in any way possible!! Currently, I have helped a bit with NY regional camps like Disorient and have attended a few Kostume Kult parties and they are incredible!! But I can't help to think there is a little more to the burn than the music and costumes!! Community is key and from what I have seen from your site and video you guys create an awesome community filled with good vibrations, health and spirituality. love Love LOVE it!! Anyways this year will be my first burn and kind of just sticking my nose in here and there to meet as many wonderful people as I can. Would love to stop by and visit your camp and maybe even join if its a good fit!

Much love!!

Alanaaaa
ahhlana

Burning Since: 2013

Postby flighty » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:18 pm

Is there any sort of community in the Seattle area? I'd love to get involved, I can lead yoga and meditation, discussion groups, stretching sessions, etc. Or just help with what you already have planned. Loved spending time at Sacred Spaces last year...
flighty

Burning Since: 2012

Postby veleda » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:13 am

Hey everyone!

We have a couple of peeps in NYC not large.. and no leadership core there yet.. but it would be cool to establish one there if you are psyched about that type of thing. :) the closest large group of peeps (including core leaders) would be in Chicago but that is too long for a weekend trip.

We also have a few people in Seattle...but more importantly we have a large crew in Portland... and a number of core leaders in the group live in and around Portland and Ashland... so a trek but not too far of a trek.. we do have a trailer that comes down from that area for art pieces..

non-local people often get involved through more focused playa offerings, making art pieces, or techie or organizational stuff in the pre-planning. :)
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby TomServo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:10 am

What are the fees this year?
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby trilobyte » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:37 am

Please keep financial details restricted to private messages between interested parties.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby ygmir » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:43 am

trilobyte wrote:Please keep financial details restricted to private messages between interested parties.

I think that was a "shot".................. :lol: :lol:
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Brazil_Nutz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:27 am

Sacred Space Village - Call for workshops!

Hello everyone
Sacred Space Village is now accepting Workshop submissions!
We welcome transformative workshops, yoga, meditation, panel discussions, ceremonies, seminars, dance, live art creation, and any other experiences that will inspire our villagers and greater BRC community.
We’re open to your ideas and how they might be expressed in the four main temple spaces called our Portals of Practice: Mind, Heart, Body & Soul. We are eager to hear from you!

The workshop proposals should be submitted electronically through the link below, by May 20th so that we can prepare and submit all events that are scheduled and confirmed by early June to the Burning Man W-W-W (What-Where-When) guide.

LINK
http://sacredspacesvillage.org/co-creat ... tion/?ee=5

The form details exactly the information that you will need to in order to submit your proposal.

Please send all inquiries to cyntia.laycy@live.com
Brazil_Nutz

Camp Name: Sacred Space Village

Postby Theodore » Sun May 12, 2013 5:59 pm

My wife and I are first timers and we are looking for a compatible camp. We live in the San Francisco bay area. Is there anyone we can talk with or meet before we make a commitment?
Theodore

Postby trilobyte » Sun May 12, 2013 7:21 pm

You may care to send a private message to the original poster of the thread for more info or to find out about meetups.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby calm » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:43 pm

sent a message on facebook as well as the sacred spaces site a couple of months ago, i camped with y'all in 2010 and spun on the outdoor stage last year for 3 hours, i would absolutely love to play a set this year of original music with live keyboard instrumentation...

much love
calm

Postby veleda » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:15 am

Hi Calm! Our DJ line up is booked already. Sorry to not see this!
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby veleda » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:03 am

Hey everyone!

We've been placed at 9:30 and Esplanade. We are looking for a few more solid peeps to come on board and help make our special magic happen!

Please check out our website at www.sacredspacesvillage.org
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby veleda » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:20 am

Hey everyone! we have about 15 spaces open for new village mates! Please check us out!
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

Postby tara » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:24 am

Greetings Divine Ones....

I may very well be camping with you and am awaiting some info about one of the questions on the registration form. I did not see an outline on the site and if I missed it, please show me the way. Otherwise is there anyone that can tell me what these positions are, what they entail and what you are signing up for when checking them off?

Sparklers
Food Prep
Hospitality
Welcoming
Temple Guardians

And are there other ways to participate as well as these? We just got our tickets, so were unable to sign up for anything earlier. It seems your schedule for workshops has already been made. However is it still possible to do things like Face/Body Painting for others at the camp?

Thank you Kindly. I Love You!

With an Abundance of Love, Light & Laughter,
Tara :)
"We all shine on....like the moon, and the stars, and the sun." xo
tara

Camp Name: Big Puffy Yellow

Postby tara » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:26 am

Oh, and one more thing....can anyone connect me with your Asheville crew? Or if any of you see this, please reach out to me. I'd love to meet ya'z! xo
"We all shine on....like the moon, and the stars, and the sun." xo
tara

Camp Name: Big Puffy Yellow

Return to 2013 Theme Camps