Hengehold this year (2013). Also: insurance?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Hengehold this year (2013). Also: insurance?

Postby stiill » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 pm

I've got a passenger/cargo van reserved through Budget, but am still looking around. I'm driving from San Francisco.

I noticed Hengehold isn't renting for Burning Man until May 13 (http://www.htrucks.com/burningman.php). Their regular rates look great, even after $.79 a mile, but I don't know if their rates will be higher for Burning Man. Anyone know?

After seeing a lot of folks recommend Budget for trucks, I checked and their truck rates are terrible-- coming from California. I guess it's just the Gentry Way Budget that's highly recommended.

Finally: I don't own a car, so I don't have insurance (and I don't know if it'd apply to a Ford Econoline, much less a cargo van from Hengehold). So AFAICT I need to get some short-term liability insurance. Any recommendations?
stiill

Re: Hengehold this year (2013). Also: insurance?

Postby dragonpilot » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:53 pm

You might just avoid a lot of hassle and go with the collision damage insurance the rental agency usually offers. Yeah, it's pricey, but covers just about everything.

Oh, yeah...might not be a good idea to mention exactly where you're going with the truck...unless you know they're Burner-friendly...even then...
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Re: Hengehold this year (2013). Also: insurance?

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:48 pm

I don't know the details, but since the last burn, Budget has drastically changed the rules in ways that make them burn hostile. Call Hengehold and ask your question. I don't think you can't do research this early.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to Transportation