Flying from LAX to Blackrock City

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to the year-specific Share Resources board.

Flying from LAX to Blackrock City

Postby awgarton » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:31 am

Hello, does anyone know who to book flights with that go direct? I think advantage flight do, but cant seem to find any info on booking/ costs etc... anyone know ??? Thanks!
awgarton

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Flying from LAX to Blackrock City

Postby Nipple » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:09 am

advantage flight black rock city

Typing that into Google turned up a bunch of pages about that airline flying into BRC, the first hit being Advantage.

The costs are there. You're probably going to be chartering an entire plane.
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Nipple » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 am

There's also $charter.

I decided that I had to fly across the Atlantic ocean too much not to invest in my own $plane. My work is always taking me to , and I got tired of being held up by the Black Rock City Airport polices, so I got $jet to make it easier. Every once and awhile, I may take the $airplane to close Nevada because I enjoy going to new places, and seeing new cultures. It's nice to be able to take a vacation on short notice. The Black Rock City (Burning Man) is nice be able to see too because it's pretty at night when I fly over it in my own $aircraft. I do not know what I would do without plane because it makes my life so much easier with the plane.

I imagine they're just about best way to reach a $destination for the $cost.

The Black Rock City (Burning Man) is nice be able to reach.

$name.
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:51 am

I'm moving this over to the Transportation board, since that's a better fit for the thread. Welcome aboard, please do feel free to circle back over to the Greeter's Station and post an introduction.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby usurpedus » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:42 pm

company i inquired with quoted about $5k and recommended any airport but lax

i think they quoted around $600 from reno to brc
usurpedus

Postby dragonpilot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:01 pm

In the spirit of decommodification I offer this:

http://www.advantageflight.com/bman.html

Charter flight companies don't usually operate out of major international airports, such as LAX. You're more likely to find what you're looking for at airports like Santa Monica Airport or Torrance Airport. If money is no object, go for it! That said, many charter flight companies are going to draw the line at landing at unimproved airfields, especially a field that is covered by caustic dust that ruins aircraft components.

Folks that fly their aircraft to BRC Spaceport do so with the full knowledge that they must thoroughly detoxify their aircraft after the event. Advantage Air knows this and charges what they charge to cover these cleanup costs.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby sariboos » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:03 pm

Will you please keep me in the loop on this? I'm interested in the idea of going by plane. My stuff: bike, tent, carport (folds up into a 6 foot bag), suitcase, 2 large plastic tubs. Me: first time burner from LA, little girl, 116 pounds! If you can take me, let me know the details, how much it costs, and how it works! Thanks!
Sariboos :)
sariboos

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Chakralicious

Postby Savannah » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:15 pm

sariboos wrote:Will you please keep me in the loop on this? I'm interested in the idea of going by plane. My stuff: bike, tent, carport (folds up into a 6 foot bag), suitcase, 2 large plastic tubs. Me: first time burner from LA, little girl, 116 pounds! If you can take me, let me know the details, how much it costs, and how it works! Thanks!

You need to contact Advantage Flight directly! Use the link DragonPilot gave you. They do not check this thread in all likelihood, and neither might the original poster. Chase them down and ask. Good luck to you.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Return to Transportation