I'm in S T E P

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: I'm in S T E P

Postby tootled » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:32 pm

I may or may not be arranging a "safety" camp option. And an alert whistle.

Is the lotion factor 30 or above?
tootled

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Postby trilobyte » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:01 am

Monkey01, it's an agonizingly slow process that's fairly impossible to predict. The speed at which it moves depends on the number of tickets being contributed by ticketholders. I wouldn't expect to hear anything (and wouldn't freak out too much) before June or even July, to be honest.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby thehangedfrog » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Well I can confirm they are moving. I did my step registration the first day.. started about 1 min before opening, and the site was lagged all to hell already, I finally got a conformation that they accepted my reg. online about 30 min after opening, and my reg email came a day later (slow email)

However my Step purchase link came in yesterday (sunday 14 Apr 2013)

thehangedfrog

Postby Savannah » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:41 pm

So, sounds like you got your ticket? Congratulations, & welcome to ePlaya. :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Milayna » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:54 pm

thehangedfrog wrote:Well I can confirm they are moving. I did my step registration the first day.. started about 1 min before opening, and the site was lagged all to hell already, I finally got a conformation that they accepted my reg. online about 30 min after opening, and my reg email came a day later (slow email)

Yay!! Congratulations on your ticket! And I'm sure there will be lots of people happy to hear that STEP tickets are starting to move.
Milayna

Postby Monkey01 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Thats comforting and great news... the que is moving :mrgreen:
swinging on lifes branches
Monkey01

Burning Since: 2012

Postby jennturner » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:22 am

thehangedfrog wrote:Well I can confirm they are moving. I did my step registration the first day.. started about 1 min before opening, and the site was lagged all to hell already, I finally got a conformation that they accepted my reg. online about 30 min after opening, and my reg email came a day later (slow email)

I envy you ;). Was it for 1 or 2 tickets?
Let us speak until we shout...
jennturner

Postby Paulkeilbach » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:40 am

So I didn't join STEP until Friday, April 5, at 12:30 am. Have they started distributing tickets beyond the people who signed up at the very beginning yet? I'm trying to get an idea of where I fall in the line and what my chances are of ending up with a ticket.

#tryingsohardtobepatient
Paulkeilbach

Postby jennturner » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:16 am

Hi Paul, are you from Germany? I registered in the first minutes, my e-mail confirmation says 12:07. I requested 2 tickets. And I am still waiting. But I read that people wanting only 1 ticket got theirs even if they were registered later.
Let us speak until we shout...
jennturner

Postby Ratty » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:30 am

We can only guess. Don't think about it too much. Think happy thoughts. The tickets will flow. I'm in that line too.
Pictures or it didn't happen. Greycoyote
"I a recovering swagaholic. I have to resist my grabby nature" VultureChow
"Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on" Savannah
"I'm a motherfucking skeptic tank" SimonofthePlaya
Ratty

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Street Sign Replacement Camp

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:34 pm

He says he'll be coming from Southern California...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Paulkeilbach » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:12 am

Sorry for the late response. Yes, I'm in Southern California. I was just wondering if the STEP waiting line had moved past the clump of those people who registered right away when it opened. Nobody seems to know what the waiting list looks like now. I guess its just one of those things I have to just sit back and wait for at this point.
Paulkeilbach

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:07 am

Yeah. We really don't enough data to determine what's going on.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Ratty » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:33 am

I registered when it opened and I'm still in line. Don't expect the line to move till June.
Ratty

Postby laffingblonde » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:10 am

Welcome welcome. Wanted to offer you folks some hope to push away those ticket blues. As we prepare to welcome our new stepbrothers and sisters to the ranks of black rock's somewhat loved bastage children it is important for you to remember where things stand at this early hour. Tickets are unsent, plans are still forming and three and a half months remain for plans to change & life to do its thing pushing little ants on their way. As many have mentioned tickets won't really start rolling in STEP until June and remember this is only a year old program, not a lot of data to draw conclusions from.

After failing in the lottery last year and managed to sneak in toward the end of the STEP's initial trial things seemed glum. Crappy job, tickets seeming impossible in a east coast city where you could count the burners without running out of fingers and toes. Early stress led to acquiescence and life moved on, STEP and black rock mostly forgottenish while trudging onward.

Late July and an even crappier job in new awful digging holes and living in a hotel when suddenly something urged the computer on and an email address open that hadn't been looked at in almost two months. Lo and behold a ticket was waiting and my camp had just asked if i was coming. Another month of 100 degree Jersey sprawl and somehow the middle of it all again. Gratefully.

Don't stress, smile and give to the world around you. Or something new agey like that. It does matter.

And if you're new around here remember to read, learn and listen before speaking too much. Eplayans are a distrustful bunch who rarely miss an opportunity to tell you why you're an idjit. They're also some of the most generous, helpful, knowledgeable & experienced burners many, of whom are always ready to assist someone's playa dream come true if you're willing to put in the effort on your part. Be resourceful, get involved, a ticket can find you. The playa provides & if you're meant to be there, you will.

see you in the dust
believe it or not every burner from new york doesn't reside in the chity. there's all this green space up north you may've heard about

the burn didn't blow my mind. it reinforced the way i've always lived my life
laffingblonde

Burning Since: 2010

Postby unjonharley » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:19 am

Talked to a guy yesterday.. Said he was going tttitd first time.. Had gotten his ticket from STEP..
unjonharley

Postby Gobkin » Wed May 01, 2013 10:53 am

I guess this is appropriate thread fro this question? how do I withdraw from STEP? (or change number of tix requested?)
Cans seem to find that option....
Gobkin

Postby Ratty » Wed May 01, 2013 4:50 pm

I'm pretty sure you can't change the amount requested. You really don't need to withdraw. When you get your notification of tickets available, don't buy them.
Ratty

Postby Savannah » Wed May 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Gobkin wrote:I guess this is appropriate thread fro this question? how do I withdraw from STEP? (or change number of tix requested?)
Cans seem to find that option....

Hi Gobkin.

You can withdraw from STEP. Email ticketsupport at burningman dot com

I don't know if you can reduce your STEP order from 2 to 1, if that's being wondered about. Please email ticketsupport.

I do know that you cannot change it from 1 to 2 . . . (I know that's not what you're asking, but someone else might wonder).

Let us know how it goes!

Savannah

Postby Gobkin » Thu May 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Yep, emailed and withdrew all worked out nice and fast. Seemed like a d**k move to take a plae in line if I wouldnt buy tix.
Gobkin

Postby Savannah » Thu May 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Gobkin wrote:Yep, emailed and withdrew all worked out nice and fast. Seemed like a d**k move to take a plae in line if I wouldnt buy tix.

You definitely helped speed up the process for someone else . . . because if STEP had sent you an email down the line, & you didn't notice it (or it went to a spam filter) the offer would've sat there for 72 hours before it expired.

So you did a nice thing. Thank you. :)

Savannah

Postby fresh » Fri May 03, 2013 3:58 pm

I just have to let this out.... :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :mrgreen:

STEP was SOOOO much better last year!!!!! I mean people really cared about their timestamp!!! It was limited to a select number, no just registering like 3 days later. We truly and really cared. It just seems like the passion has fallen out of this program.

Alright so what if there was a huge glut of tickets starting mid-July. So what if basically everyone who was in STEP last year got a ticket. Man it ROCKED!!! I mean we were on the edge of our seat waiting to see the post that move the queue from 12:07 to 12:08!!!! Boy that was fun. Predicting how many people were registered in each minute was a puzzle that made me quit crosswords. The laughter and joy of fellow STEPers when one of the clan received the almighty ticket was inspiring!!!

My own personal journey was tainted by that damn distributed ticket system providing me with a ticket a couple days before I got my STEP confirmation e-mail, that I gladly give back to into the pool.

Honestly, I believe there will be tickets for all again this year. Don't fret my little STEPers....

Take it from a vet
12:15:24 signing out :mrgreen:
"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.
Each another's audience inside the gilded cage." - N. Peart
"SAFETY THIRD" - Some idiot
fresh

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Postby trilobyte » Fri May 03, 2013 10:18 pm

If by better you mean more jerktastically obsessed people freaking out about a detail that ultimately didn't really matter, then yes I agree.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby KeithT » Sun May 05, 2013 10:22 am

Well, I can confirm the STEP program is at least working. I unfortunately put my tickets up for sale this morning and less than an hour later I got a sold confirmation. I hope they go to a good home and hopefully I'll be in a better place to go next year.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!
KeithT

Postby unjonharley » Sun May 05, 2013 10:25 am

KeithT wrote:Well, I can confirm the STEP program is at least working. I unfortunately put my tickets up for sale this morning and less than an hour later I got a sold confirmation. I hope they go to a good home and hopefully I'll be in a better place to go next year.

Hey, Thank you Keith :D
unjonharley

Postby dragonpilot » Sun May 05, 2013 6:02 pm

I fear I shall miss my "buy" notification...I'm most likely going to be at our "Regional" for a week in July, then sea kayaking in a remote locale. Perhaps I can borrow someone's laptop at the "Regional," but I'll have to give someone my email password info to cover the kayak trip...don't like doing that.

Is there a way to temporarily transfer a potential buy notification?
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby fresh » Mon May 06, 2013 7:48 am

trilobyte wrote:If by better you mean more jerktastically obsessed people freaking out about a detail that ultimately didn't really matter, then yes I agree.

You hit the nail on the head Trilo!!!! A true saga... The debate over whether timestamps meant anything or not was up there with Lincoln/Douglas and Kennedy/Nixon. Besides it truly mirrored the same behavior on the playa. You know where you have jerktastically obsessed people freaking out about almost anything!! IT'S AWESOME!!!!!

Dragonpilot, depending on your mail provider, it can be possible to create a rule or filter to forward e-mails based on sender or subject, to another account. If you can find out exactly the address that would send you the STEP e-mail, then you hopefully can forward that message without having to give out password. Or just change password when you get back....
"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.
Each another's audience inside the gilded cage." - N. Peart
"SAFETY THIRD" - Some idiot
fresh

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Postby seantildawn » Wed May 08, 2013 7:01 pm

I just put my ticket into STEP to sell. I am glad to help out.
seantildawn

Burning Since: 1998

Postby seantildawn » Wed May 08, 2013 7:04 pm

It sold in less than 5 minutes. WHoa!
seantildawn

Burning Since: 1998

Postby unjonharley » Wed May 08, 2013 7:12 pm

seantildawn wrote:I just put my ticket into STEP to sell. I am glad to help out.

Thank you..
unjonharley

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion