Arriving early and Leaving early

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby ranger magnum » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:38 pm

I didnt realize there was a right or wrong way to burn. So the OP wants to bug out early. BFD. Other than the actual man burning, what makes the last 3 days better?

Personally, I like to spend as much time as I can on playa. It's not right, it's not wrong. It's simply how I choose to spend my time there.

Going on a cruise immediately after playa might be fun. Radical self reliance to conspicious consuption inna week seems like quite a way to enjoy life!
Drugs may take you down the road to nowhere, but at least its the scenic route.
ranger magnum

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Camp Yonder/Ottoman Empire

Postby BBadger » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:39 am

ranger magnum wrote:I didnt realize there was a right or wrong way to burn. So the OP wants to bug out early. BFD. Other than the actual man burning, what makes the last 3 days better?

Being at Burning Man rather than on a cruise.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:40 am

But.... he's having fun wrong!
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

Postby BBadger » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:36 am

By diluting the experience of two trips just to have both? Yes.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Postby ygmir » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:06 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:But.... he's having fun wrong!

perfect!!

really, through all the teasing and admonitions.........OP, you have fun, any fucking way you want.
you don't need to explain, or justify, to anyone.
yeah, folks will raz and judge, but, well, it's just people.
if it's fun to you, you're doing it right.
if not, and you learn a lesson, same answer.

Good on ya, for having fun how you want, when you want, where you want.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby NikkiG » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:56 am

Thank you Ygmir and Ranger Magnum. I'm currently looking into adjusting the dates. I want to visit the Grand Canyon & Vegas prior to arriving in Reno, and I also want to leave 1 day later, so I can enjoy the festivities. Lets see how that goes....
Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain
NikkiG

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Stag Camp

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:33 am

Don't let antbody tell you how to burn!

NOW WATCH THIS!!!!! 8)

[media]
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Nipple » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 am

Such a great video to post, Figjam.

Nikki... see the red clown nose? That's a perfect example of something that's happening here.

There was a guy last year who wanted to bring a bunch of clown noses out and gift them. The folks here on the ePlaya were very forthcoming in telling him he shouldn't bring those noses out there for a variety of reasons. It didn't feel like it, but the folks here were trying to help him.

It went down in a way where that guy felt pretty alienated, but really everything that was said here (Even Simon's messages) all came from a place of concern, and care despite the scary packaging the messages came in.

Tragically, I wish I had a better ending to his story for you. He's dead now... he... probably should have listened to the advice. (Once those noses caught, there really wasn't any hope of putting out the blaze.) These are all lies. I mostly post because I like reading my own username.
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby lucky420 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:18 pm

:D @ nipple.

I did not see one clown nose the whole week. He was planning on bringing 50k but I think he probably reconsidered that number after the amount of helpful advice he got here on eplaya.

NikkiG, enjoy your burn and your cruise. It's your time/life do with it as you will. Hope you have many great adventures...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Milayna » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:40 pm

I love my clown nose!! It's in my box of burning man schwag and will be returning with me in 2013. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Milayna

Postby NikkiG » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Thanks Figjam and Lucky420! Nipple, It's always good to read the fine print :c)
Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain
NikkiG

Postby NikkiG » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:21 pm

I'm Back!!! A lot has happened since I last spoke to all of you. I sold my other ticket to my dear friend. He's elated to be returning to the Playa. Also, I changed my travel date so that I'm leaving late Friday evening on the Toflame bus!! so I'm going to reiterate that I need more people to get on the bus. 21 more people and its a go!! Please PM me for details if you're interested.
NikkiG

Previous

Return to Transportation