Arriving early and Leaving early

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby NikkiG » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:39 pm

Some Seeing Eye, Ill tell him way in advance to excuse my ravings about the event.....lol. I'm sure he'll regret missing it. Although he says he doesn't want to go, I'm sure he does. I think hes more concerned about his health. He has epilepsy which prevents him from taking part in activities where he will sweat a lot. The few times he profusely sweated or urinated, the blood levels of his medication drastically dropped and he had several grandmal seizures in a row. As most of you know, if he seizes for too long he could go brain dead and die. He had a really bad fit this past month that ended him up in the hospital for a few days. I think hes scared of dying. I know, TMI, but there's a reason for everything and I respect his decision. Ive known him for 19 yrs.

Anyway, I think I'll rent a car. There's too many what ifs for me. Plus I like the freedom a car brings. I will get a bike rack for the back or buy a folding bike.

I heard the Tri Awning withstood 50-60 mph winds, but I'm quite sure its windier than that at the Playa. One of its reviewers said its higher quality than the Kelty Tri Awning, and it held up better in the wind too. By adding the sides walls, the structure will provide more shade from the sun, but it will also make it into a sail. I'll try to park it between some RVs to cut down on the direct wind. The only downside of the product is the color. I wish it were silver or white to reflect the sun. Anyway,it was worth a try, nothing is set in stone as of yet. If I decide to make the monkey hut, I'll make the joints at home and buy the poles when I get to Reno. By doing it that way, I would've cut down on time wasted creating it. I was also wondering if the poles were cut down to 5' instead of 10' Is it just as stable?. What should the minimum pole diameter be? I had a hard time bending the 1" pipe, so I know erecting it on the Playa by myself would be a hassle and a half. I like creating things from scratch, but unfortunately my time constraints will limit what I will construct. I forgot to tell all of you that I know about the NY Container, and that I might utilize it. Its ~7 dollars a cubic foot.

I know a lot of things about this event, but I'm sure what I know will be thrown out the window when I get there. Murphy's Law always prevails! The only way to truly know what its like is to experience it first hand. That's why I decided to fly in early to prepare for the trip. I'm also leaving the playa early to meet my deadline. If something prevents me from leaving on Thursday, my trip protection will get me out of there by Friday the latest. Either way, I'm making it out on time. I have plans A B and C. You can never be too prepared. if all else fails I have my friends who will be there and I can always stay till Monday ooooh well.
Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain
User avatar
NikkiG
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 am
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Stag Camp

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby NikkiG » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Some Seeing Eye, Thanks for the info! You are a life saver :D
Trilobyte thanks for the info too.
Dr. Pyro Not at all
Last edited by NikkiG on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain
User avatar
NikkiG
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 am
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Stag Camp

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby Elliot » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 pm

NikkiG wrote:And Elliot even though you seemed a tad bit hostile towards me, I know it was said out of love. :wink:


Elliot wrote: -- "Love's Travel Centers" or some such. :wink:


ygmir wrote:I hope, never, to see you in a slinky tight sequin dress and spike heels, walking the parking lot, Elliot!!


Image

They are all over the country, Yggi!

And… do I look like I wear high heels at work?

Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(WARNING. Thread drift in progress.)
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.
Ali Elliot Fy Fasan, proprietor

Caravansary Black Rock 2014



ImageImageImage
Millicent The Bus; pedal-vehicles on Playa and in Kinetic Sculpture Races.
User avatar
Elliot
 
Posts: 5307
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:41 pm
Location: Clearlake, Northern California
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle & Beverage Emporium

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby maladroit » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Cruises are incredibly boring. You'll really, really wish you didn't have to leave.

On a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of excitement:
1 - waiting in line at DMV
3 - bumming around on a cruise ship or being shuttled to some random manufactured tourist experience
9 - Burning Man
10 - while skydiving into an active volcano, you're abducted by hot aliens of your sexual preference, given immortality, and your own spaceship

Also, getting on and off playa in a timely manner is difficult. You need to be prepared for the possibility that you won't get out in time to make your cruise. Car trouble is usually the big one there. You can't leave the car there, and you will have problems finding anyone else leaving Thursday. It also takes longer than you think to pack up all your stuff and search for MOOP while tired, hot, and dehydrated.

You may also have problems finding a rental company that will give you car to take to Burning Man. Many will ask you up front, some have it in the contract and they can use GPS to track your car and repossess it if you lied and went anyway. The absolute minimum is that you will be expected to return the car in a reasonable condition...it will NOT be such when rolling off the playa. You have about three or four hours of work to get the car clean enough, inside and out, to avoid massive charges from the rental agency. That'll be a problem if you have no place or time to undertake such an endeavor.

Finally, decompressing from Burning Man is a real thing. You'll be a stone-faced, fumbly zombie on the cruise ship and your partner will be pissed off at you anyway.

So...choose one and do it well.
maladroit
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:37 pm
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby NikkiG » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Maladroit, Good point, but my money is already locked in. I go on cruises every year, but this one is my dream cruise, so I doubt Ill be stone faced. But I do understand what you mean about decompression, Its a serious thing. It takes some time to readjust to society. But since it is what it is, Ill try to make the best of it. I live by the moment because 2 yrs ago I thought I'd be dead today. But I'm alive, so yeah I try to live my life to its fullest while I still have breath in lungs. I guess people don't realize the importance of immediacy until they're staring death in the face. We are not promised next year or even tomorrow. You have to make each moment count.
Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain
User avatar
NikkiG
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 am
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Stag Camp

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby Milayna » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:58 am

NikkiG wrote:Some Seeing Eye, Ill tell him way in advance to excuse my ravings about the event.....lol. I'm sure he'll regret missing it. Although he says he doesn't want to go, I'm sure he does. I think hes more concerned about his health. He has epilepsy which prevents him from taking part in activities where he will sweat a lot. The few times he profusely sweated or urinated, the blood levels of his medication drastically dropped and he had several grandmal seizures in a row. As most of you know, if he seizes for too long he could go brain dead and die. He had a really bad fit this past month that ended him up in the hospital for a few days. I think hes scared of dying. I know, TMI, but there's a reason for everything and I respect his decision. Ive known him for 19 yrs.

Anyway, I think I'll rent a car. There's too many what ifs for me. Plus I like the freedom a car brings. I will get a bike rack for the back or buy a folding bike.

I heard the Tri Awning withstood 50-60 mph winds, but I'm quite sure its windier than that at the Playa. One of its reviewers said its higher quality than the Kelty Tri Awning, and it held up better in the wind too. By adding the sides walls, the structure will provide more shade from the sun, but it will also make it into a sail. I'll try to park it between some RVs to cut down on the direct wind. The only downside of the product is the color. I wish it were silver or white to reflect the sun. Anyway,it was worth a try, nothing is set in stone as of yet. If I decide to make the monkey hut, I'll make the joints at home and buy the poles when I get to Reno. By doing it that way, I would've cut down on time wasted creating it. I was also wondering if the poles were cut down to 5' instead of 10' Is it just as stable?. What should the minimum pole diameter be? I had a hard time bending the 1" pipe, so I know erecting it on the Playa by myself would be a hassle and a half. I like creating things from scratch, but unfortunately my time constraints will limit what I will construct. I forgot to tell all of you that I know about the NY Container, and that I might utilize it. Its ~7 dollars a cubic foot.

I know a lot of things about this event, but I'm sure what I know will be thrown out the window when I get there. Murphy's Law always prevails! The only way to truly know what its like is to experience it first hand. That's why I decided to fly in early to prepare for the trip. I'm also leaving the playa early to meet my deadline. If something prevents me from leaving on Thursday, my trip protection will get me out of there by Friday the latest. Either way, I'm making it out on time. I have plans A B and C. You can never be too prepared. if all else fails I have my friends who will be there and I can always stay till Monday ooooh well.


I used this monkey hut plan (it's much easier bc you don't have to make pvc joints, and it holds up just as well) http://www.maxicon.com/Burning_Man/PVC_ ... _playa.htm

I cut the poles down to 5 foot sections and used 2 foot sleeves that were a quarter inch larger in diameter to connect the sections. You don't want to go smaller than the 1inch diameter bc it can break, and definitely use schedule 40 pvc. I put this up completely by myself, and I am a woman of average size and strength. The pvc doesn't like to bend, but that tension is what makes the monkey hut work, and I'm SURE you'll be strong enough to bend it, the toughest part is pounding in the rebar.
User avatar
Milayna
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:21 pm
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby BBadger » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:25 pm

NikkiG wrote:Maladroit, Good point, but my money is already locked in. I go on cruises every year, but this one is my dream cruise, so I doubt Ill be stone faced. But I do understand what you mean about decompression, Its a serious thing. It takes some time to readjust to society. But since it is what it is, Ill try to make the best of it. I live by the moment because 2 yrs ago I thought I'd be dead today. But I'm alive, so yeah I try to live my life to its fullest while I still have breath in lungs. I guess people don't realize the importance of immediacy until they're staring death in the face. We are not promised next year or even tomorrow. You have to make each moment count.


Maybe you should do the opposite: sell the Burning Man ticket, and then do it right some other time. After all, you'll be spoiling both trips now.

Also, "living in the moment" has really nothing to do with this. This is more about dividing your time between two things, and doing one or more poorly. It's like going on a trip to the Moon, and then cutting it short before you land so you can go to some shit-hole like Las Vegas or something.

I also find it quite ironic to believe in living up life in the moment, and then being stuck on the prison that is a cruise ship. But I guess to each his own.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
User avatar
BBadger
 
Posts: 3979
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 am
Location: (near) Portland, OR, USA
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby Savannah » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:40 pm

This is the main site resource list. There are some bike resources, do a "Find" search within the page for "bike".
http://www.burningman.com/preparation/r ... VtMZBmr9T4

I'd never count on a Yellow Bike (green; heh) being available when I needed it--never. Nor would I allow the lack of a bike to keep me home, however. I don't ride mine every day, but it's very, very useful and very freeing. It would probably have taken me 40 minutes to walk to the ePlaya Meet & Greet last year from 8:05 and E. The city is huge.

You might have picked up on this, but leaving Burning Man early for a cruise truly sounds like the 9th Circle of Hell to a lot of us, and there's just no getting around that, which is why there is some reluctance to make a quicker visit extra easy on you. The amount of time you spend on the playa really does account for some of the effect it can have.

The early part of the week is pretty great, though. Good luck.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 10525
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2000

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby maladroit » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:47 pm

BBadger wrote:Also, "living in the moment" has really nothing to do with this. This is more about dividing your time between two things, and doing one or more poorly. It's like going on a trip to the Moon, and then cutting it short before you land so you can go to some shit-hole like Las Vegas or something.


These comparisons are fun. How about...cutting short a gourmet 10 course meal to go meet your friend at McDonalds for some chicken nuggets.
maladroit
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:37 pm
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby VultureChow » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Savannah wrote:The amount of time you spend on the playa really does account for some of the effect it can have..


Maybe the artificial luxury of the cruise ship would have a galvanizing effect on the Burning Man experience. As surreal as the playa is, the interactions and experiences are exquisitely genuine. No one is making you a drink because you are paying them. They're doing it because they want to. The magical ramen cart isn't an underpaid Philippine steward, but a dude who just wants to make you happy.

There aren't fake smiles and and hands out for a tip. No ulterior motives or nagging sense of the inequality of it all.

I like my luxury as much as anybody, possibly more. Going from one to the other will be interesting. OP, if you manage to make it happen, report back and let us know what it was like.
Send lawyers, guns and money - The shit has hit the fan.
User avatar
VultureChow
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:08 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Cougar Camp @ Barbie Death Village

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby mgb327 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Well, it has been an interesting read. My 2 cents? I would think a burgin would not get anything from coming in for the first 2-3 days, other than to take some photos and "observe". I am a firm believer that the Playa is a cumulative experience, as each day passes, it builds on the days as they pass. Friday could not be Friday without first a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The days are in order for a reason, total immersion. Thinking back on entry and exodus, I would be a freaking mess if I had any schedule to try to keep. Sort of like a El Camino vehicle, it is a car, and it is a truck, but it does neither very well. BM and a cruise? Within days of each other? Nah. Do one, or do the other. I try very hard to get every last minute on Playa that I can.
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.
User avatar
mgb327
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Somerset, Va.

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Remember, the burn itself was only a long weekend at first.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37472
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby NikkiG » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:42 pm

It took me awhile to respond because I felt like I was being persecuted. I totally understand what all of you are saying, and I GET IT. I appreciate the words of wisdom you have given me, and I understand that they come from a place of love , But I'm consciously choosing to do both. I made my decision and I am satisfied with it. Please accept my decision. I am not new to transformation, Ive been transforming for the past 14 months and Ive made huge leaps and bounds. I am now able to see life and people for who and what they are. The good and the bad are both amazing to me and I am able to grow from the experiences. I guess its all about the context in which we view things. There's the crap and there's the cone. I choose the Cone. Thank you for being you
[media]
Burning man doesn't last a week, it lasts a life time. I hope that all of you were able to bring your experiences into the outside world and live it everyday. I know will. I'm going to be Playa fairy sprinkling playa dust everywhere.....lol :D
Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain
User avatar
NikkiG
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 am
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Stag Camp

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby BBadger » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:09 pm

maladroit wrote:
BBadger wrote:Also, "living in the moment" has really nothing to do with this. This is more about dividing your time between two things, and doing one or more poorly. It's like going on a trip to the Moon, and then cutting it short before you land so you can go to some shit-hole like Las Vegas or something.


These comparisons are fun. How about...cutting short a gourmet 10 course meal to go meet your friend at McDonalds for some chicken nuggets.


But Maladroit, those formed chicken masses were already paid for!
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
User avatar
BBadger
 
Posts: 3979
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 am
Location: (near) Portland, OR, USA
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby Capt. RON » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 am

Hiya NikiG, Your Tri Shade will be fine, IF you use it in conjunction with your Rental car acting as a combination wind and sun block. The key is positioning your car so it's on an EAST WEST axis and erecting the Tri shade on the NORTH side of the vehicle. (the winds generally come from the S & SE) The sun runs a Southerly arc so the car will cast a shadow coupled with your Tri shade. I'd suggest using the 10in nail style tent stakes to anchor the shade to the ground and para cord to tie the shade to the vehicle
"It's only smoking if you inhale" Daddy WARBUCKS Cigar Lounge at the ORPHAN / ENDORPHIN camp
http://orphanendorphin.com/cigar.html
User avatar
Capt. RON
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:37 pm
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ORPHAN / ENDORPHIN

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby Capt. RON » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:04 am

Oh yeah, and I don't think leaving the BURN early, is a big deal! I did it a couple of years ago ..... left the city just as they started to burn the man.....but I will temper that decision with the fact that I had such a great time earlier in the week, that I really had no regrets in bailing early.
"It's only smoking if you inhale" Daddy WARBUCKS Cigar Lounge at the ORPHAN / ENDORPHIN camp
http://orphanendorphin.com/cigar.html
User avatar
Capt. RON
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:37 pm
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ORPHAN / ENDORPHIN

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby tamarakay » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:35 pm

hmmmm trading hot steamy sex with the person of your dreams for a hand job from a lemur
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token


http://www.dyewithdignity.com
User avatar
tamarakay
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:27 pm
Location: Texas
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby maladroit » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Image
maladroit
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:37 pm
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby Claymore » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:34 pm

NikkiG wrote:It took me awhile to respond because I felt like I was being persecuted. I totally understand what all of you are saying, and I GET IT. I appreciate the words of wisdom you have given me, and I understand that they come from a place of love , But I'm consciously choosing to do both. I made my decision and I am satisfied with it. Please accept my decision. I am not new to transformation, Ive been transforming for the past 14 months and Ive made huge leaps and bounds. I am now able to see life and people for who and what they are. The good and the bad are both amazing to me and I am able to grow from the experiences. I guess its all about the context in which we view things. There's the crap and there's the cone. I choose the Cone. Thank you for being you
[media]
Burning man doesn't last a week, it lasts a life time. I hope that all of you were able to bring your experiences into the outside world and live it everyday. I know will. I'm going to be Playa fairy sprinkling playa dust everywhere.....lol :D


Your lack of self-awareness is fascinating.
User avatar
Claymore
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:35 pm
Location: Southern California
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby NikkiG » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks for your words of advice Capt. Ron, I greatly appreciate it.
Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain
User avatar
NikkiG
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 am
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Stag Camp

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm amazed Simon hasn't been lured out of hiding by pink jesus.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37472
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby mudpuppy000 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:03 am

BBadger wrote:I also find it quite ironic to believe in living up life in the moment, and then being stuck on the prison that is a cruise ship. But I guess to each his own.


As opposed to being locked into a small section of desert with police constantly patrolling it? :D
User avatar
mudpuppy000
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:54 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:28 am

I choose the Cone.





please, god, if you exist, i beg you, do not let this become one of your approved catch-phrases.

thank you, i won't ask for anything else, i swear.
one nation, under a groove.
User avatar
Roberto Dobbisano
 
Posts: 2658
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:54 pm
Location: Dobbidossola, Italy.

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby VultureChow » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:42 am

Roberto Dobbisano wrote:
I choose the Cone.





please, god, if you exist, i beg you, do not let this become one of your approved catch-phrases.

thank you, i won't ask for anything else, i swear.


I choose the cone!

Image
Send lawyers, guns and money - The shit has hit the fan.
User avatar
VultureChow
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:08 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Cougar Camp @ Barbie Death Village

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby dragonpilot » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:29 pm

Hey! Let the dood do his/her Burn on his/her terms...he/she will decide if their way of Burning is the "right" way.

I'd never Burn the way Ygmir does...running around naked all week with an artificial daisy clenched between my butt-cheeks.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
User avatar
dragonpilot
 
Posts: 1397
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Burning Since: 2005

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby Elliot » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:49 pm

(Grammar alert.)
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.
Ali Elliot Fy Fasan, proprietor

Caravansary Black Rock 2014



ImageImageImage
Millicent The Bus; pedal-vehicles on Playa and in Kinetic Sculpture Races.
User avatar
Elliot
 
Posts: 5307
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:41 pm
Location: Clearlake, Northern California
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle & Beverage Emporium

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby BBadger » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:58 pm

dragonpilot wrote:Hey! Let the dood do his/her Burn on his/her terms...he/she will decide if their way of Burning is the "right" way.

I'd never Burn the way Ygmir does...running around naked all week with an artificial daisy clenched between my butt-cheeks.


That's only because you don't work your glutes!
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
User avatar
BBadger
 
Posts: 3979
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 am
Location: (near) Portland, OR, USA
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby ygmir » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:46 pm

BBadger wrote:
dragonpilot wrote:Hey! Let the dood do his/her Burn on his/her terms...he/she will decide if their way of Burning is the "right" way.

I'd never Burn the way Ygmir does...running around naked all week with an artificial daisy clenched between my butt-cheeks.


That's only because you don't work your glutes!


not only that, but, when someones picking flowers, I know they like me!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25999
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby Captain Goddammit » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Or you didn't realize you sat on someone's flowers!
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
User avatar
Captain Goddammit
 
Posts: 4522
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:34 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii Instead

Re: Arriving early and Leaving early

Postby ygmir » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:55 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:Or you didn't realize you sat on someone's flowers!

that's how I pick 'em..........."buns of steel" just clamp on and stand back up!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25999
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

PreviousNext

Return to Transportation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests