All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Thoughts?

Postby H.G.Crosby » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:36 am

he holds the door, coat in the puddle, the whole nine.

so sue us.
Once I noticed I was on fire, I decided to relax and enjoy the fall™

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:45 am

and as I am a woman

right, ok, just got it, my speed reading caught up with me. Again, my apologies, and i would call this guy out,

and then we will make sure that his pants are metaphorically pulled down for all to see....dont be afraid....gather other friends and meet this head on.

and feel free to PM any of us with info or for advice.

fishy is right, i should not have been so brusque, i am very sorry.
pinky and the brain are the SAME MOUSE!!!

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Savannah » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:36 am

Hey Smenkare. ePlaya is not a place with the ability to arrest, try, convict or punish this person. Do what you can in the real world until your conscience is satisfied. You could figure out the law in WA state regarding what this guy has done. For example:

I tried clicking "Search RCWS". I entered "privacy" and selected "documents".

RCW 9A.44.115 Voyeurism. says
(1) As used in this section:

(a) "Intimate areas" means any portion of a person's body or undergarments that is covered by clothing and intended to be protected from public view;

(b) "Photographs" or "films" means the making of a photograph, motion picture film, videotape, digital image, or any other recording or transmission of the image of a person;

(c) "Place where he or she would have a reasonable expectation of privacy" means:

(i) A place where a reasonable person would believe that he or she could disrobe in privacy, without being concerned that his or her undressing was being photographed or filmed by another; or

(ii) A place where one may reasonably expect to be safe from casual or hostile intrusion or surveillance;

(d) "Surveillance" means secret observation of the activities of another person for the purpose of spying upon and invading the privacy of the person;

(e) "Views" means the intentional looking upon of another person for more than a brief period of time, in other than a casual or cursory manner, with the unaided eye or with a device designed or intended to improve visual acuity.

(2) A person commits the crime of voyeurism if, for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of any person, he or she knowingly views, photographs, or films:

(a) Another person without that person's knowledge and consent while the person being viewed, photographed, or filmed is in a place where he or she would have a reasonable expectation of privacy; or

(b) The intimate areas of another person without that person's knowledge and consent and under circumstances where the person has a reasonable expectation of privacy, whether in a public or private place.

(3) Voyeurism is a class C felony.

(4) This section does not apply to viewing, photographing, or filming by personnel of the department of corrections or of a local jail or correctional facility for security purposes or during investigation of alleged misconduct by a person in the custody of the department of corrections or the local jail or correctional facility.

(5) If a person is convicted of a violation of this section, the court may order the destruction of any photograph, motion picture film, digital image, videotape, or any other recording of an image that was made by the person in violation of this section.

[2003 c 213 § 1; 1998 c 221 § 1.]

Effective date -- 2003 c 213: "This act is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, or safety, or support of the state government and its existing public institutions, and takes effect immediately [May 12, 2003]." [2003 c 213 § 2.]

Well, look at that. It might be a class C felony! ( This is to say nothing of what crime it might be to send unwanted obscene photos.)

This is a matter for law enforcement, and an attorney. You can tell your friend that she might be able to pursue this legally.

For future reference, when making serious allegations or discussing serious subjects, saying "frothy rabid badger eating chihuahua" and "piipii" tends to discourage people from taking you seriously. It just does. This is a serious matter, right? Well, phrases like that just aren't, and people (perhaps wrongly) assume that this is all about breathless drama. (I had to re-read your initial post several times just to try to figure out what you meant.)

If you approach camps or events about this problem, treat it seriously. If you do it in written form, compose it in Word or some other app with spellcheck and grammar check. Skip the slang. Consider using your full name--it makes you look much more credible, but does invite various risks. Address people you know, whenever possible. State only the facts. Be calm, not breathless or excited. (Unfortunately, being all worked up makes you less credible, even if the crime is real.)

I wouldn't want a creep in my camp, and if someone brought information like this to me I would follow up on it.

Good luck.
*** 2015 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Return to Open Discussion