Classical string musicians wanted

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

Classical string musicians wanted

Postby phoenixwolf » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Five-year burner would love to find other advanced violin, viola, or cello players to plan classical chamber music concert. I have brought my violin to the playa the last five years and always have enthusiastic listeners. I would love to play duets or quartets this year. If you are interested, let me know! Phoenix
phoenixwolf

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Accaplaya

Re: Classical string musicians wanted

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Do you take any particular steps to keep your violin from damage.
(Sorry, I don't have any leads on the rest of it, but I do like to be able to give people an idea of how to take care of something so expensive and important.)
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby lemur » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby Milayna » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Exactly what I was thinking crypto, I'm a reasonably advanced violinist (playing for over 10 years but definitely not professional) but I'd never be comfortable bringing a good instrument out there.
Milayna

Burning Since: 2012

Postby janedaplain » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Are you still looking for string musicians? I'm a classically trained violinist of almost 20 years and would love to play some chamber music! Last year was my first burn, and I found a group to play bluegrass with, but all I could think of was how great it would be to play some chamber music. Please tell me you're still looking!

Re:bringing a violin to the playa, I bought a cheap violin and bow off of craigslist explicitly for playa use that is almost newly made, with tough finishing. The violin did fine, but the carbon fiber bow broke while I was playing (not sure why exactly), so my thoughts so far are to 1) duct tape the poor thing, 2) buy another carbon fiber bow, or 3) find a very cheap wooden bow in hopes that it'll be more flexible and somehow more resilient to the heat.
janedaplain

Burning Since: 2012

Return to 2013 Art & Performance