Enchanted Forest/Playground seeking campers

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Enchanted Forest/Playground seeking campers

Postby yellfireinatheater » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:03 am

Hi there! We are a Denver area theme camp that is coming together from other splintered camps. We are veterans and virgins building an enchanted forest playground with some pretty big ideas! 12ft tall lit pine tree with a 10ft wide bed inside is already underway, a hallow reflecting tree with infinity mirrors within, swings, burn barrels, a light up path of lily pads and avatar like bushes will be built in the next 6 months. There will be a wedding reception most likely on Thursday. Some other event ideas going around are easter egg hunt, scavenger hunt and maybe one big party. (although every night is a party with us :D ) In order to make this work, we need a few more people. We would prefer people in CO that can help with construction, but will work with those that are far away as long as camp dues are paid. We are all in our mid 20's but could not care less about ages at our camp. We have a dome, but are planning for a carport to make a communal kitchen and want another shade structure. (Anyone with a large shade structure would be awesome as it would free up some of our budget) We also want to have a large early crew, so anyone who is interested in going a couple days early, should contact us. I will check this thread or you can e-mail me - saraglade@gmail.com or request to join of facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/groups/410681655672754/

Hope to hear from you soon and have a great burn :D
yellfireinatheater

Burning Since: 2009

Re: Enchanted Forest/Playground seeking campers

Postby Earthwalker » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:34 am

Already have a camp, but would love to stop by any camp related to forests. Particularly enchanted ones! Love the tree idea. Sounds sweet.

Good luck
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
Earthwalker

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Trifucta

Postby yellfireinatheater » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:21 pm

Thanks! And for sure stop on by!
yellfireinatheater

Postby aiysma » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:03 pm

I'm in Denver - up for involvement! Enchanted forest sounds neat
aiysma

Postby incubus_pantomime » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:40 pm

This sounds like all of my favorite things represented on the playa. I will be camping with Lamplighters, but I will most definitely stop by to frolic in the forest! :D
"I think perhaps love thrives on unlikely circumstance and chance : life thrives on these principles, and is life not love? And love not life?"
incubus_pantomime

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Lamplighters (thanks, guys and gals!)

Postby tink08 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:15 pm

aiysma wrote:I'm in Denver - up for involvement! Enchanted forest sounds neat

Have you emailed her yet?
If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving is NOT for you!
tink08

Burning Since: 2008

Postby yellfireinatheater » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:32 am

TINK! yeah, I just did. wasn't really checking here, cuz most the responses were to my e-mail. but i will be better about that. BTW- we might, MIGHT have someone with a small mutant vehicle now too!
yellfireinatheater

Postby Earthwalker » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Wait, so there WILL be a forest? Please advise once you have a location. Ours will be a Ewok Village/Adult Playground sort of thing. The schematics look awesome. I'll let you know where we'll be once we know.
Earthwalker

Postby tink08 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:58 pm

yellfireinatheater wrote:TINK! yeah, I just did. wasn't really checking here, cuz most the responses were to my e-mail. but i will be better about that. BTW- we might, MIGHT have someone with a small mutant vehicle now too!

We are having a meeting soon. Are you going? Are you on our Facebook page?
tink08

Postby tink08 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Earthwalker wrote:Wait, so there WILL be a forest? Please advise once you have a location. Ours will be a Ewok Village/Adult Playground sort of thing. The schematics look awesome. I'll let you know where we'll be once we know.

We are voting on a name at our next meeting so I'll keep you posted on our name and location when i figure it out! We'd love to see you there!
tink08

Postby Earthwalker » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:11 pm

tink08 wrote:
Earthwalker wrote:Wait, so there WILL be a forest? Please advise once you have a location. Ours will be a Ewok Village/Adult Playground sort of thing. The schematics look awesome. I'll let you know where we'll be once we know.

We are voting on a name at our next meeting so I'll keep you posted on our name and location when i figure it out! We'd love to see you there!

Sweet! Ours is Trifucta. Don't know our location yet, but we're working on designing/building our adult playground (sounds dirty, but it's not. Well, guess that depends on the mood!) ;)

Good luck with your camp!!
Earthwalker

Postby ThatDudeFlash » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:16 pm

This sounds amazing. I'm a virgin burner and would love to join something like this. I'm from Illinois so I guess I wouldn't be of much help as far as the construction of everything. But I'm more than willing to help with anything I can upon arrival.
ThatDudeFlash

Postby yellfireinatheater » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:32 pm

ThatDudeFlash- If you haven't already join our FB page http://www.facebook.com/groups/410681655672754/ and keep in touch with us! If you like hat we're up to, let me know and we can go from there.
yellfireinatheater

Postby sandshadow333 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:28 am

Hi! Myself (second burn) and my girlfriend (virgin) are looking for a camp. This definitely sounds amazing. Would love to get more info and possibly join! I sent a request on the facebook and an email :) . Hope to hear from you. Cheers!
sandshadow333

Burning Since: 2012

Return to 2013 Theme Camps