ride shares !

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

ride shares !

Postby Yotam » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:53 am

Hello everyone !

lucky me, after 3 years i finally got a ticket to BM and going for the first time this summer.

if someone can make some things clear regarding the praparation and spacially on HOW TO GET THERE.
i know a good way to get there is to find someone how has roon in the car and share the ride with him/them. is there a RIDE SHARE forum in eplaya?
can you explain a bit more on how this system works? and how people find rideshares?

supplies like water, food, shalter and bike would have to be arranged before the trip to BM and the car whould have to be big anough to carrie it all if i would find a ride share with a group-
do you have any advice on where to arrange all that - aspacially WATER (i know i will need ALOT for the whole week) and BIKE (where can i find cheep bike to buy in san fransisco..?).

thank you SO much !!

Yotam.
Yotam

Re: ride shares !

Postby some seeing eye » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:50 am

Welcome to ePlaya, a great source of Burning Man advice, some good.

You are a little early for rideshare. Suggest regional groups, the official rideshare and Craigslist in July and August. In the mean time, great to establish your identity through your regional in person.
regionals.burningman.com/
rideshare.burningman.com/
craigslist.com

Also suggested, find a camp. Maybe that camp has participants from your geo that you can travel with. There are finding a camp threads.

And highly suggested, one post, one thread. And don't mind the criticism on ePlaya, it is all good natured.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby junglesmacks » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:57 am

Since you're planning on flying into SFO, you may want to look into the Green Tortoise bus as it does a direct SFO > Burning Man trip. This would provide you with complete transportation to and from for you and all your gear, plus involve you in a ready made camp.. http://www.greentortoise.com/adventures ... tival.html
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Yotam » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:37 am

thank you guys for answering !

actually i was hoping to find people to go with to the festival. i think the experience will be much better then to go on this bus, and i want to meet people who go there with their own car..

when does ride share starts?
Yotam

Postby BBadger » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:45 am

That'll come up later in the year, probably around summer time. It's no use now, as plans and promises can change in the mean time. I'd work on establishing links with camps/regionals as suggested above and see if you can work something out with those people before seeing what is available in the rideshare board.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:23 pm

There will be rideshares in the Sharing Resources sub-forum closer to the event. I don't know if this something Spark might also connect to.
And there will be extra-LLC resources, craigslist, for example.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Eric » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:02 pm

I've merged the two threads into the one under "Share Resources", since they just cross-posted the same question
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Return to 2013 Share Resources