- get a 50' 14-3 outdoor extension cable for $20, no need to think further about that
- the generator sounds like a very small mower, according to the reviews. If you put it outside of your camp, your neighbors ain't gonna be happy
- use LED Christmas lights (5 Watts per string, ~$12 per string of 70 LED lights), NEVER use normal cheap Christmas lights (~40 Watts per string). You can use a few strings of LED lights then, even instead of your light. Looks great too!
A very easy way to only need to run the generator 30 mins or 60 mins per day, given your power usage:
* get a cheap car battery or deep cell (~$70 to $90). Or better, replace your car battery before the burn and keep the old one to use for the burn
* get a 400 Watt inverter (~$35, converts battery 12Vdc to house 120Vac), hook it to the battery, and plug your small stereo, light, and LED Christmas lights into the inverter
* you may need to get the 12Vdc battery charger cable for the generator, if it wasn't included with it.
* put the stereo amp and inverter in a 12+ gallon plastic crate, to protect them from the dust
* if you want to use any other electrical devices, plug them directly into the generator
Of course, check out the generator and setup prior to the playa. It ain't gonna work otherwise
(ps - others are gonna recommend a far more complicated setup, or try to do exacting calculations. No need to do so at all.)
( setup: generator -> 12Vdc charging cable -> battery -> inverter -> small stereo/LED lights )