HUSHVILLE IN 2013?

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

HUSHVILLE IN 2013?

Postby winebuff » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi everyone, I stayed at Hushville 2 yrs ago but didnt make it out to BM last year. Will Hushville be there next year? I heard something that it did not get placed last year, something about AntiM had to go camp elesewhere. Is that true? Thx and see u on the playa in 2013 :lol:
winebuff

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: HUSHVILLE IN 2013?

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Hushville was not placed last year, but the outcry was so loud that it got placement. (Irony) I think it was placed this year, as well. In 2011, the Home for Wayward Art was in the Booby Bar, and this year it was with Barbie Death Village.

You can always check the list for the pertinent year.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Milayna » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:39 pm

I camped in Hushville this year, and I know that there are definitely plans for Hushville 2013 :)
Milayna

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Leo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Who's in charge of Hushville for 2013? Do I need to apply to join this camp? I have attended 3 previous burns and would like to join a camp this year.
thanks
Best Regards,
Leo
Leo

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:22 pm

Hushville is a "village" not a camp. I.E. it's a group of camps. AntiM has camped there for many years, so she can give you a better sense of it. I understand that the space is somewhat first come first served, and if you get there too late, there might not be space for you. Also, why do you want a camp? Hushville may or may not be a good fit.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby AntiM » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:17 am

Okay, for general info for anyone:
Hushville provides no amenities other than an address, good company, a bit of an aural oasis, and perhaps a town round shade for socializing. No showers, no electricity, no camp kitchen. No dues. But we have your back if you camp with us. Places are only assigned to theme camps within the village, the rest is first come first served. It can get cozy as hell.

The rules are no generators, no amplified music, leave no trace. This includes not running your vehicle or playing your car radio during set up/break down.

Look for Hushville.com. You must preregister, and that's not open until June or so. You can't just show up and camp with Husville, there's a list and a secret handshake. RVs can stay there, but NEVER run their generators, so they usually don't bother with the village.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hushville/
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Leo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:38 am

Hi AntiM,
Sounds like my kind of Camp. Thanks for the information.
Best Regards,
Leo
Leo

Postby AntiM » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:48 am

We plan on being back with Hushville this year. I like that we have a community, but we can also be quite independent. While we loved Booby Bar and BDC, they aren't "home".
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Martiansky » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:40 pm

I'm hoping to stay in Hushville with my sister Mohairs this year, too.
I stayed there in '05 and it was very nice!
I was showing my sister pictures of it and I said,
"Right over on the edge you can kinda see the top of The Wayward art home set up by AntiM and HerLarry! And right next to my dome is Robotland's snowman dome".....
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs
Martiansky

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: --->Hushville

Return to 2013 Theme Camps