Trying to log into Burning Man profiles for Step...

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Trying to log into Burning Man profiles for Step...

Postby Minxy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:03 pm

and the system seems to be down. Trilo, any news?
"If I moop your head, I shall be very displeased." - Savannah
Minxy

Re: Trying to log into Burning Man profiles for Step...

Postby Rice » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:14 pm

Minxy wrote:and the system seems to be down. Trilo, any news?

Hey :)

It is running a bit slow, but came up fine for me!

- at least it works in Canada :shock:
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby bruce508 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:15 pm

the site would not respond for a few minutes. then I got the page, excitedly filled in my info, and .... NOTHING. no response to my clicks. It just doesn't do anything. No evidence of any activity. Maybe it doesn't work with my computer? I tried safari and firefox both.

-CP
bruce508

Postby Rice » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:17 pm

bruce508 wrote:the site would not respond for a few minutes. then I got the page, excitedly filled in my info, and .... NOTHING. no response to my clicks. It just doesn't do anything. No evidence of any activity. Maybe it doesn't work with my computer? I tried safari and firefox both.

-CP

There is probably a huge demand on the website right now. did it time out?
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:21 pm

check your email, the confirm might already be there!
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby bruce508 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:44 pm

[quote="oneeyeddick"]check your email, the confirm might already be there![/quote]

Eventually, I did get the reply, and I'm registered. Given the frustration level involved here to spend $380/ticket, you'd think they could have had some kind of "click received" or other feedback? It would have been mightily appreciated.

I guess this is first-com, first-served, it's not a lottery. So, this pits us all against each other? (I didn't even know that, that this was a race. I just happened to have a horrible experience trying to get tickets previously, and was just anxious enough to start near noon.) Is this really in line with the BRC ethos of community?

It's hard not to be a sourpuss but geez ...after the whole thing last time from the ticket disaster last year, you'd think they would have really gotten it straight and fair by now.

[Here comes ticket flame:]

To get into the original ticket sale, you would have had to search through the dozens of jackrabbit emails with subjects like "tickets", to find the one and only urgent and life-and-death one finally announcing the date, AND you would have had to know that "Pre-registration" was the critical term (If I saw that, I would have assumed this was not relevant, I was looking for "registration". This super-urgent life and death email had the subject line, "[BManUpdate] V17:#13:2.4.13". I suppose that was obvious to everyone else, I guess I'm just stupid. But I missed the enormous 4 day window for this despite many frustrating hours Oct-Dec. looking through every single JR newsletter and getting nothing. And I can't help but be really disappointed and let down by B-Man staff, and incredibly, incredibly frustrated.

And now this "race to click" nonsense!

Did they ever, this year or last year, present some ideas and have a critically examined TEST of their system?

Flame off.

Best of luck to everyone for tickets.

-CB
bruce508

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:53 pm

And I can't help but be really disappointed and let down by B-Man staff, and incredibly, incredibly frustrated.

well, thats really YOUR fucking problem, not ours.

it's not the issue, it's YOUR REPONSE to the issue that is an issue. you feel frustrated because YOU WANT TO FEEL FRUSTRATED.

i would hate to see what you would do in an actual crisis.

now go fuck yourself, i'm feeling incredibly frustrated with your frustration.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Savannah » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Hey Bruce.

First come, first served is a response to a dislike of/logistical issues with last year's lottery.

There are now more people who want to attend Burning Man than the government will allow in the space. So yes, there is a bit of competition for tickets.

If you don't like reading the JRS (in which you can use your browser to search for the word "ticket" if you don't want to read the whole thing) . . . the Burning Man website has the same info as the JRS, but with graphics. Jack Rabbit Speaks is just another method at your disposal. Some folks don't like remembering to visit a website, so it works for them.

Finally, you can turn on your BBCode if you would like your quotes and other tags to work.

User Control Panel --> Board Preferences --> Edit Posting Defaults --> Enable BBCode --> Submit.

Good luck in your ticket search.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Ratty » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Bruce Honey, Wow. Searching JRS, being frustrated, being pitted in a death match with me, (watch out, I'm 60 but I'm feisty). No. You're not stupid. And the worst part is over. I promise there won't be ANY obstacles for you to overcome at the burn. All of your equipment will function perfectly. You won't lose or forget anything. Your neighborhood will be serine and lovely day and night. Very similar to a Disney cruise.
Pictures or it didn't happen. Greycoyote
"I a recovering swagaholic. I have to resist my grabby nature" VultureChow
"Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on" Savannah
"I'm a motherfucking skeptic tank" SimonofthePlaya
Ratty

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Street Sign Replacement Camp

Postby watchmen » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:25 pm

Did you not see the very first sticky post that has been there since Jan called "Burning Man 2013 Tickets Info " it has all the info, was really not hard to follow

bruce508 wrote:
oneeyeddick wrote:check your email, the confirm might already be there!

Eventually, I did get the reply, and I'm registered. Given the frustration level involved here to spend $380/ticket, you'd think they could have had some kind of "click received" or other feedback? It would have been mightily appreciated.

I guess this is first-com, first-served, it's not a lottery. So, this pits us all against each other? (I didn't even know that, that this was a race. I just happened to have a horrible experience trying to get tickets previously, and was just anxious enough to start near noon.) Is this really in line with the BRC ethos of community?

It's hard not to be a sourpuss but geez ...after the whole thing last time from the ticket disaster last year, you'd think they would have really gotten it straight and fair by now.

[Here comes ticket flame:]

To get into the original ticket sale, you would have had to search through the dozens of jackrabbit emails with subjects like "tickets", to find the one and only urgent and life-and-death one finally announcing the date, AND you would have had to know that "Pre-registration" was the critical term (If I saw that, I would have assumed this was not relevant, I was looking for "registration". This super-urgent life and death email had the subject line, "[BManUpdate] V17:#13:2.4.13". I suppose that was obvious to everyone else, I guess I'm just stupid. But I missed the enormous 4 day window for this despite many frustrating hours Oct-Dec. looking through every single JR newsletter and getting nothing. And I can't help but be really disappointed and let down by B-Man staff, and incredibly, incredibly frustrated.

Did they ever, this year or last year, present some ideas and have a critically examined TEST of their system?

Flame off.

Best of luck to everyone for tickets.

-CB
watchmen

Burning Since: 2013

Postby 9ah » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:45 pm

bruce508 wrote: So, this pits us all against each other? (I didn't even know that, that this was a race. I just happened to have a horrible experience trying to get tickets previously, and was just anxious enough to start near noon.) Is this really in line with the BRC ethos of community?

-CB

It's only a horrible race if you make it/perceive it as one...

A great few words from some folks that will never likely see or hear of Burning Man: http://www.harisingh.com/UbuntuAge.htm
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby slona » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:59 am

Is it just me, or clicking on the Sign up for STEP button, once logged onto Burner Profile does nothing?

Have tried in different browsers, with no difference or feedback that anything is happening by clicking that button?!

dusty thanks,

Slona
slona

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Is STEP still open?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion