Public sex acts?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Public sex acts?

Postby haleigh » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:27 pm

Hey, I'm a virgin to Burning Man! My goal is to attend 2015.

I've heard a ton about nudity being commonplace in BRC, but I haven't heard much about other forms of sexual expression there. Are there any "rules" to where these things can happen? My SO and I are pretty sexual beings and I'm a little bit of an exhibitionist. We plan to visit some of the BDSM play camps for sexytime. We were curious as to what the sexual climate elsewhere in camp looks like.

I'd love to hear your guys' stories, as well as get a picture of what limits there are to sexual expression during the week we should know about.

Thanks so much! :D
haleigh

Burning Since: 2015

Re: Public sex acts?

Postby H.G.Crosby » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:32 pm

please.
Attachments
killme.jpg
killme.jpg (192.83 KiB) Viewed 6352 times
Once I noticed I was on fire, I decided to relax and enjoy the fall™
H.G.Crosby

Postby haleigh » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:40 pm

H.G.Crosby wrote:please.

Oh no. What'd I say wrong? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm just really curious as to how the event works. I don't have much information to go off of... I'd rather be awkward here than cross a boundary on location! :oops:
haleigh

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:41 pm

haleigh wrote:Hey, I'm a virgin to Burning Man! My goal is to attend in 2015. :D

So, what's your hurry? TTITD may not even be around in 2015.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby haleigh » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:
haleigh wrote:Hey, I'm a virgin to Burning Man! My goal is to attend in 2015. :D

So, what's your hurry? TTITD may not even be around in 2015.

Oh, well let's hope not! The only reason I'm not going this year is because my parents are funding my college tuition - they would gladly rip me out of my program for going (they're just a tad on the overprotective/reactive and conservative side).

As far as the "hurry" goes. I'm not very patient and enjoy amassing information, so I'm trying to get my small little questions out of the way so they don't clog my brain up longer than they need to.
haleigh

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:47 pm

haleigh wrote: I don't have much information to go off of...

Other than the whole of eplaya.

Please show some self-reliance and do some searching. :)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Savannah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:48 pm

haleigh wrote:Hey, I'm a virgin to Burning Man! My goal is to attend 2015.

I've heard a ton about nudity being commonplace in BRC, but I haven't heard much about other forms of sexual expression there. Are there any "rules" to where these things can happen? My SO and I are pretty sexual beings and I'm a little bit of an exhibitionist. We plan to visit some of the BDSM play camps for sexytime. We were curious as to what the sexual climate elsewhere in camp looks like.

It's illegal in public, so if regular or undercover cops catch sight of you with their night vision goggles, you'll get cited.

People do it anyway, but not as much as you might imagine.

Various camps allow for a certain amount of experimentation behind closed doors/closed tents/closed structures. I don't know which ones.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby mgb327 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm sorry, I just can't wait for page 2. :roll:
Attachments
316-make-it-stop.jpg
316-make-it-stop.jpg (25.63 KiB) Viewed 6339 times
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.
mgb327

Postby haleigh » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:54 pm

My apologies!
Abandoning thread.
haleigh

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:56 pm

yeah.

kinky trolls...

cute.

please.

it's like watching "murder she wrote".....not that difficult, if you know what i mean...

but i'll play along until page 2.
one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby Sham » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:03 pm

Unless there are more posts, we'll NEVER get to page two. :roll:
Sham

Postby Eric » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:22 pm

A) Other than public nudity & walking around with open alcohol, if you have to ask "is _______________ legal at Burning Man", it's probably not.

B) Think of ePlaya as a house party. Do you walk into a room full of strangers & ask, repeatedly, if anyone's kinky & if you can have sex on the couch in front of everyone? Don't be surprised that people are reacting with a bit of... distaste.

You've been registered on ePlaya for 7ish hours, you've started two threads about sex & have made a total of 9 posts, only in those two threads. People are reacting just like they would if someone in real life came up and started asking non-stop sex questions, by treating you as either lacking a bit of social skills or as an internet troll. If you're serious about the event, do some research, spend some time looking around, ask some actual questions that don't involve your genitals. Just a thought.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby ygmir » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:25 pm

seems one this frisky would post some NSFW pics for us.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:26 pm

..or just show us your tits. Problem solved.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby ygmir » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 pm

junglesmacks wrote:..or just show us your tits. Problem solved.

don't lower the bar!! Jeeze JS.........you have nice tits, they are easy to find.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby MyDearFriend » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:39 pm

Eric wrote:Just a thought.

That's what was lacking. :wink:

OP, my dear, you must understand that this is a no-bullshit zone. Most of us meet face to face on a regular basis, every year, in a place so relentlessly real that fakery is demonstrably dangerous. Unselfconscious honesty is widely respected in Black Rock City, no matter how wrong-headed, so if these questions you've posed here are sincere then I'm sure you will find what you are looking for. Good Luck!

2015? You have lots of time to build and test your shelter, which is actually what you should be doing at this point. ( Why do you not know this? Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs will be on the NCLEX.)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby haleigh » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Eric wrote:A) Other than public nudity & walking around with open alcohol, if you have to ask "is _______________ legal at Burning Man", it's probably not.

B) Think of ePlaya as a house party. Do you walk into a room full of strangers & ask, repeatedly, if anyone's kinky & if you can have sex on the couch in front of everyone? Don't be surprised that people are reacting with a bit of... distaste.

You've been registered on ePlaya for 7ish hours, you've started two threads about sex & have made a total of 9 posts, only in those two threads. People are reacting just like they would if someone in real life came up and started asking non-stop sex questions, by treating you as either lacking a bit of social skills or as an internet troll. If you're serious about the event, do some research, spend some time looking around, ask some actual questions that don't involve your genitals. Just a thought.

Thanks for your response. I'm not a troll, these were just specific questions I couldn't find in a FAQ or other threads. When searching for "public sex" on eplaya there wasn't much information available. I've been lurking BM information for a month or so now (though mostly on reddit or burningman.com, completely new to eplaya)...the questions I posted were my only questions left unanswered after lurking (thus far, at least!). I figured it'd be easier to just make an account to ask outright.

I'm sorry I came off as a troll, these certainly are real questions of mine. Didn't mean to offend, either, as I assumed this was a safe place for all kinds of questions.

Anyway, thanks for the house party analogy - does this apply to the actual event, and not just eplaya as well?
haleigh

Postby Sham » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Haleigh, this is considered a counter-culture festival. There is quite a bit of amazing free expression here. There are also lots of younger children that attend. I have seen some open activities, but it's very much frowned upon, and you will be fined if you're caught doing off color things in the open. Being nude is okay on the playa, and feel free to spend the day naked if you wish. I would highly recommend footwear, a hat and sunscreen however.
Sham

Postby Eric » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:33 pm

haleigh wrote:Anyway, thanks for the house party analogy - does this apply to the actual event, and not just eplaya as well?

I was hoping you weren't a troll, but when we get a spurt of "sex or drugs" postings from a new user you can't be too sure. As for playa/ ePlaya: there is a big difference - the ePlaya is most definitely not the playa!

The ePlaya is a bunch of Burners who choose to spend their time here (even us Mods are volunteers), mostly because we love the playa & love the camaraderie. Over time, most of us have also met in person at the annual "ePlaya Meet & Greet", held on playa at Barbie Death Camp, formerly on Thursdays, now on Weds. The regular posters here have 1 or 2 degrees of separation between them - and all poster & lurkers are invited to attend. It is not an elitist gathering (they even let me in).

BRC is a city of 60,000+ people, there's no way to know everyone. You can be quite anonymous, you can be pretty damn public. There are some camps "the masses" never find, there are huge ones on the Esplanade you have to go out of your way not to see.

However, the party analogy works in BRC as well. When going into a strange camp or bar I always take the time to get a read on the energy, chat with people, remember that the "bartenders" and DJs are just other people on their vacation as well, and I have no right to expect anything from them (I always carry some booze of my own so this doesn't stress me). When you go to a kink camp, get to know them & their rules, make them comfortable with you. Some are very selective who they let into the play area, some don't care.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby some seeing eye » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Let me Google that for you
"public sex" site:burningman.com -eplaya <<< as a new burner, you should subscribe to the Jack Rabbit Speaks emails
"public sex" site:eplaya.burningman.com

The local authorities have a hard on so to speak against public sex and especially exposing minors to it. There is a significant under age BM population and a whole children's village. Every person cited for doing something stupid raises the fees that Burningman pays to law enforcement and the courts. I would guess that the range of crimes you could be cited for worst case escalates to places you do not want to go.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby haleigh » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:11 pm

some seeing eye wrote:The local authorities have a hard on so to speak against public sex and especially exposing minors to it. There is a significant under age BM population and a whole children's village.

Huh. I had no idea there were children present. Knowing this makes my question seem a bit silly in retrospect. I had always pictured BM as an adult event.

This is the kind of information I needed! Thanks :)
haleigh

Postby ygmir » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:16 pm

haleigh wrote:
some seeing eye wrote:The local authorities have a hard on so to speak against public sex and especially exposing minors to it. There is a significant under age BM population and a whole children's village.

Huh. I had no idea there were children present. Knowing this makes my question seem a bit silly in retrospect. I had always pictured BM as an adult event.

hang in there, yer starting to get it...........thick skin and self reliance. you're gonna do fine.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby 9ah » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:48 am

haleigh wrote:

You mentioned that you have been interested in going for a while and read the FAQ.... Children are a topic of the second question under tickets... You might want to read the First Timer's Guide again and read up on a what Burning Man is... :coffee:
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Lowz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:28 am

Excuse me but who doesn't have stories about public sex ?
I have ...at least during dust storm.
It's not allowed but it happens.
John Clod
For the People
Suarez principle #23 " The Whims of The President and Chairman are final."
I feel every year fantastic, shitty and great days all.
Lowz

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Club Neu Verboten

Postby AntiM » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:07 am

reddit, huh? No wonder eplaya has you confused. Different informational styles.

Hmm, public sex. In 12 years, I can recall five acts I saw at random outside of private spaces. Deep playa usually. Two were quite discreet, girl sitting on the guy in the dust, another couple in an art installation. No one else around except us wandering near them. Some guy sprawled out on a small MV getting a blowjob below the Man one night. First though, "Nice costumes". Second thought, "They're gonna get a ticket out in the open like that". One couple at sunset, up on top of a platform above an RV. Private, but not so. Looked like fun. Last guy was whacking off as Critical Tits rode by, when everyone noticed him, he got yelled at a lot, because that's just icky.

There's probably more, but mostly PG make out stuff. There are no fucking stages.

Oops... six, up in the Lighthouse Tower the Man was on in 2002.

Oddly specific memories.

I should dig up the sex in the dust advice thread. I know it exists.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby VultureChow » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:10 am

AntiM wrote:
I should dig up the sex in the dust advice thread. I know it exists.

Is there a dust in the sex thread? Cause that's what worries me.
Send lawyers, guns and money - The shit has hit the fan.
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Cougar Camp @ Barbie Death Village

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:13 am

redacted.
Last edited by junglesmacks on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:26 am

there is no public sex on the playa.

that would be against the law, and potentially in front of children, as stated above.

so if you're from Pershing County, looking to play "legal gotcha", please go fuck yourself.

if not, please, have someone give you a clue.

2015....dear fucking god, try planning for the next month or two before you start worrying about stupid shit 2 1/2 years in the future.

you are either really fucking dumb, or you think we are.

sorry to be a pill, but something REALLY smells bad here, and your behavior and posts lead me to believe the worst about you.

i'm watching....
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:27 am

he likes to watch...
one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby Lowz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:30 am

Roberto Dobbisano wrote:he likes to watch...

the watchers ?
John Clod
For the People
Suarez principle #23 " The Whims of The President and Chairman are final."
I feel every year fantastic, shitty and great days all.
Lowz

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Club Neu Verboten

Next

Return to Experiences at Burning Man